PDA

View Full Version : Useless thread about Headphones...

Davetronz
09-21-2003, 07:19 PM
Hey I was just wondering what everyone prefers to listen to their music with.
For me it was always wearing some earbuds when I was listening to music.
Since I have started at SAIT I will only listen with a set of larger DJ type headphones.
Some people think that the size of the DJ headphones are just goofy, but I think their noise cancelling and overall sound quality are much better....

Plus, I have 5M of cord with mine, both mini and large jacks, and when I am not wearing them I keep em around my neck.

I like the fact that I cant hear any other shit other than my music when I am wearing the DJ phones.
Sure the larger ones cost like $75+ for a good set, but I think they are worth it. Any believers???

kaput
09-21-2003, 07:36 PM

Dj_Stylz
09-21-2003, 07:46 PM
Ear Buds.

Akagi Redsuns
09-21-2003, 10:23 PM
I have a set of DJ headphones when I was studying at university. A technics one. THe sound and the fact that all the outside noise was out was awesome. I loved them.

When walking and when I was taking the blue limo, I had the earbuds as I want to hear the outside world in case shit happens.

Moonracer
09-21-2003, 11:09 PM
As some earbud style phones can be pretty good the best are still studio/dj type are the best overall. They keep unwanted sound out and have a bigger driver in it to produce the bass. They sit farther from the eardrum therefore they have a bigger driver as well. The small ones sit right inside your ear so they don't have to be as large to get the bass through your head...lol so to speak. Don't go cheap cause they sound like shit and be sure not to listen too loud cause they will take years off the life of your hearing. Hope this helps a little.....:D

Davetronz
09-21-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Dj_Stylz
Ear Buds.
Do you DJ or is that just Nickname?

Hopefully you dont use earbuds while DJ'ing.

With the buds, do you wear them for style or do you think they actually sound better.

jdmmavericktR
09-22-2003, 12:14 AM
my sony mdr-v500's...so comfortable and they fold up nice and compact

Ashkente
09-22-2003, 12:19 AM
Only reason I prefer buds is cause I like to keep them in my pocket.

On a side note, does anyone else who prefers buds have any tips/tricks on how to keep from screwing up a set every winter? (They always bloody freeze up on me and the cords break instead of bend :|)

link785
09-22-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns
When walking and when I was taking the blue limo, I had the earbuds as I want to hear the outside world in case shit happens.

I'm with him. Still gotta hear the outside world a little in case shit happens.

Melinda
09-22-2003, 08:20 AM
I hate ear buds, especially at school. Not only cause they dont like to fit into my ears properly, but even if you have it on mild volume level, there is always someone asking you to turn it down or throwing you a bit of a dirty look (i'm guilty of it too though, I hate listening to other people's shitty music playing at full blast) Not only do the other headphones cut the sound out from the outside world, but they also prevent the outside world from hearing your music as well :)

DJ Lazy
09-22-2003, 04:27 PM
DJ headphones are the ONLY way to go...
Better sound, block out the outside noise, plus they are better for winter as the cord doesn't freeze like the buds do.
Not to mention I am use them to DJ.:)

B17a
09-22-2003, 04:41 PM
Sennheisers all the way!

Davetronz
09-22-2003, 05:17 PM
My headphones kept my ears warm on the way to school today :D

PS, does anyone know a solution to the freezing cord problem that someone asked?

Also, not that I do it, but is it illegal and ticketable to drive with any kind of headphones? And if so, why are hands free phone earbuds allowed?

jdmakkord
09-22-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by FastDak318

PS, does anyone know a solution to the freezing cord problem that someone asked?

Also, not that I do it, but is it illegal and ticketable to drive with any kind of headphones? And if so, why are hands free phone earbuds allowed?

Hands free kits only go in one ear, whereas headphones block off hearing in both. Try driving with earplugs in, then you will figure out why it isn't such a good idea to use headphones.

littledan
09-22-2003, 05:21 PM
sony mdr-nc5 noise cancelling headphones... :thumbsup:

DJ Lazy
09-22-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by FastDak318

Before I had DJ style h/p's I used those crappy buds, and the only way I found that KINDA worked was to run the cord up underneather my shirt.... body heat keeps it soft.. But i still have a problem once the cords were running up to my ears, unless I had a toque on... but even then... it still sucked... :thumbsdow

CKY
09-30-2003, 02:17 AM
well since im stil curently in highschool, i just dont got that much room for the headphones, n to me the decent - good 1s r quite pricy.
wat im using rite now r sony ear buds (the 1s that go literally into ur ear), but i love em sooooooo much, like their pretty nice on sound blocking too. plus, their small, they feel great in my ear, n they dont project the loud sound like cheap headphones do so u can turn it up pretty loud n not worrying about ppl lookin at u.
well thats just my opiinion because im the kind of guy that doesnt like carrying builky stuff, n if i were 2 use headphones it b most likely at home when im in my room or when im at my guitar, since my familys paranoid about the music being 2 loud

TalonVelocity
10-01-2003, 12:09 PM
all headphones suck dick compared to sennheiser, but you gotta pay to play, heh, I paid 300$ for mine

DJ Lazy
10-01-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by TalonVelocity
all headphones suck dick compared to sennheiser, but you gotta pay to play, heh, I paid 300$ for mine

Do some research man, There are PLENTY of headphones that are WAY better than sennheisers. And for the same price that you paid aswell.:rolleyes:

92 Teg-B18A
10-01-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by jdmmavericktR
my sony mdr-v500's...so comfortable and they fold up nice and compact
:werd:
I've got the same ones, except mine are mdr-z500's. Same headphone just the JDM version :D
I like the comfort of DJ style headphones but I don't like the huge cord such a PITA sometimes

Superesc
10-01-2003, 05:48 PM
I use those big head phone (Sony MDR-CD370), more comfortable, I don't need it to be portable as its plugged into the mac at work. Comfort is my main concern.

4wheeldrift
10-01-2003, 07:35 PM
For keeping cords from snapping when they got cold, some headphones come with a cord winder, basically a little reel the cord goes onto when the headphones are packed away. It won't make the wires any less brittle when its cold, but since the cables won't be doubled up or folded over they shouldn't be nearly as prone to breaking outright.

gongSHOW
10-01-2003, 08:26 PM
I bought a pair of used headphones off my friend the mdr v300 i got em for only 20 bucks an even those are pretty good! I really like them and my bro is thinking of getting the mdr v600! Sony DJ Headphones all the way!

TalonVelocity
10-01-2003, 10:56 PM
hehe I have a gongshow hockey hoodie and hat

gongSHOW
10-02-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by TalonVelocity
hehe I have a gongshow hockey hoodie and hat
JUNIOR HOCKEY BIBLE KICKS A**!!!

3G
10-02-2003, 09:49 AM
i had a pair of Koss headphones but they broke..damn those big things sound good...too bad they broke..so i just use a pair of earbuds...god-damn when i take the bus all these grandma's tell me to turn it down, i just pretend i cant see or hear them..

the small ones sound like shit and they keep falling out, but that's what i got and it's better than nothing..right??