PDA

View Full Version : golds gym

Sorath
11-03-2008, 04:36 PM
so im getting a pretty stellar deal from a buddy at work. but ive also heard some stories about cancelling with them. my friend said that even if you're not on the contract anymore, u still have to pay a 200 dollar cancellation fee.

Can anyone confirm this?

A790
11-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Kasem, the mount Royal gym is $50/mo and you can buy it in shorter terms. No contracts, and it's one of the nicest gyms in the city. Unless Golds is right beside your place, why bother? From what I recall you're pretty close to MRC.

dropdat
11-03-2008, 05:30 PM
I work out at Golds and I love the gym, I also like the fact that almost anywhere I travel there's a location that's close by. But everyone that I've spoke to has complained about the cancellation policies and regrets signing a contract.

I just bought my 1 year up front and when it expires I plan on doing that again.

Sorath
11-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by A790
Kasem, the mount Royal gym is $50/mo and you can buy it in shorter terms. No contracts, and it's one of the nicest gyms in the city. Unless Golds is right beside your place, why bother? From what I recall you're pretty close to MRC.

i moved to mckenzie lake a year ago, thought uve been to my new place. either way i found out that u can freeze your account indefinately, so either way u dont have to pay. also, the golds membership will be cheaper than mrc

hassanc21
11-03-2008, 07:56 PM
If you do sign up, watch your account closely. I've been double charge my monthly dues twice this year already. Besides that and the lighting being a little weak, I enjoy the gym (Northlands)

Oldskool
11-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by hassanc21
If you do sign up, watch your account closely. I've been double charge my monthly dues twice this year already. Besides that and the lighting being a little weak, I enjoy the gym (Northlands)

I had this too, it was actually kind of sketchy the way that the amounts drawn from my account would change every once in a while.... If I were to get another membership at golds, I would make a deal where i pay for a full year, all upfront, none of this 'you can have access to my account' bullshit

zipdoa
11-06-2008, 01:24 PM
I find that northland is *relatively* douche free later in the evening, they seem to come mostly around peak hours (4 - 7). I sometimes go to Northgate location and found that, at least during peak hours, it is loaded with 'my new haircut' type dudes. It doesn't really bother me, I actually get a bit of a laugh out of it... might even invest in some fruit of the loom/hanes stock because everyone seems to be wearing wifebeaters!

GQBalla
11-06-2008, 03:24 PM
this is in northland

definately they come between 4-7, i dont care how much you can push but when you walk in acting like your massive wearing your little sisters beater and is skinny as fuck but have a little defination cause you have no fucken meat on your bones and sit there and grunt and act all rough when you can Bench 100 pounds and walk around all tough with ILS (invisible lat syndrome) im sorry i dont like you.

this is more towards the 3 little high school kids always wearing beaters.

but golds in prime, ive been goin to the one in northgate recently and that one is really nice.

way better than NL imo but this is the first time ive heard of this $200 doller cancellation fee even though your contract is over...

i should ask them

jetfire
11-06-2008, 04:21 PM
I've been going to both Gold's lately as well. I find that the NE has a nicer facility but is also busier (and higher douche count).

There should be no cancellation fee if you're off contract, but if you want to cancel a membership, you have to send a registered letter to the person at the gym who handles cancellations... can't just talk to them or drop it off.