PDA

View Full Version : Photographers gallery of Alcatraz and San Fran

Graham_A_M
11-04-2008, 07:02 PM
http://www.perspectiveyeblog.com/

^ A friends blog from his visit down to San Fran.

One of those pics is Al Capone's cell, the one he went completely insane in.

Turns out his beer that was bootlegged, is actually Sleemans today.
:eek:

Yeah Sleemans couldn't brew beer for 50 years as a sentence for working with Al Capone, 50 years since past, and they again use the same formula and reciepe's as when working with Al Capone.

I can see why he was so rich, Sleemans is pure sex, by far my favorite beer(s).
I didn't know that about Sleemans' history... pretty cool stuff. :thumbsup:

rage2
11-04-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm gonna be there on Thursday to take pics too! I dunno if I'll get anything as good as your friend, those pics look wicked!

ryanallan
11-04-2008, 07:10 PM
he does good work :thumbsup:

5000Audi
11-04-2008, 07:19 PM
shit even they got the foot wash station....

pic up in a sec

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a352/Calscars/footwashhaha.jpg

GenerationX
11-04-2008, 07:24 PM
dude
anyway you could get me a file of that last pic?
so sick.

D'z Nutz
11-04-2008, 07:45 PM
That's awesome! I've been to Alcatraz and it's nowhere near as interesting as those photos make it out to be! Hahaha

On one of the photography forums I'm on, one of the members organized a photographer's only tour there a couple years back. That would've been cool to attend.

Jlude
11-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
That's awesome! I've been to Alcatraz and it's nowhere near as interesting as those photos make it out to be! Hahaha

I was just gonna say the same thing.

These photos make it look way more exciting!

Graham_A_M
11-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Yeah, he does take remarkible pictures doesn't he? he is a profesional photographer, and commands a hearty sum of money for his wedding photos.... its not hard to see why.
:eek:

Actually, how he got these very rare photos (and there are many, many, many more) is the volunteer security guard at the Rock, was actually an avid photographer himself, so he noticed this guy with this very high end photography equipment, and decided to take him for a tour of these sectioned off areas. So he let this guy follow the him into these areas that are not normally seen by the publc.
Typically the public have very restricted access, however the guard was kind enough to show him many places were notoriously famous inmates were kept, and "treated".
Definately cool, very unique photos but these are the only ones I've seen, so I thought I'd pass them onto you guys.

Later on, When Al Capone went completely insane partly due to his untreated Syphyllis (spelling) : he was so "out of his mind" they had no reason to keep him locked up, so he spent the rest of his days fishing in a swimming pool. :dunno:
Now hes buried under a HUGE marble tombstone (about as big as a typical living room wall), with a very small inscription written, tucked behind some thick bush that subtlely reads "Capone", as his family didn't want to atract too much attention to his grave site.

3g4u
11-06-2008, 04:22 PM
That guy did my buddy's wedding.

Some great pictures for sure.

flipstah
11-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Hahaha me too! I went there and I was interested for sure, but it didn't look like the ones in the picture.

I think it's the effect of B&W

rage2
11-07-2008, 01:45 AM
I was just at Alcatraz this morning hoping to take some nice shots. He had access to stuff that I didn't have access to. It was marked closed, such as the gun gallery. No clue how he got in :(.

flipstah
11-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by rage2
I was just at Alcatraz this morning hoping to take some nice shots. He had access to stuff that I didn't have access to. It was marked closed, such as the gun gallery. No clue how he got in :(.

Weird... When we went there, we were able to get into the gun gallery. Saw a Tommy gun f'reals! :guns:

Cool thing part is that the seagulls there are protected and you'll go to jail for feeding them. So take pictures of them when you can because apparently, they're rare! ;)

rage2
11-07-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by flipstah
Weird... When we went there, we were able to get into the gun gallery. Saw a Tommy gun f'reals! :guns:
Ya, must've been a different tour. I went on the official government tour and there were soooo many people. I had to do a 2 second exposure on a shot, and it took 15 minutes before I got it because there were so many people around. Wasn't even a huge shot either, just a picture of 4 cells. The gun gallery pic he has would've been impossible for me, there were about 60-80 people downstairs at any time.

He also seems to have gotten access to areas that I've never seen. Wonder if there are other tours that have more access?

Originally posted by flipstah
Cool thing part is that the seagulls there are protected and you'll go to jail for feeding them. So take pictures of them when you can because apparently, they're rare! ;)
WTF, there are seagulls EVERYWHERE. I must've aimed for 50 of them driving around, they just wander the streets around the pier and don't care about people being around.

FLARE
11-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Whoa! Serious talent with this guy. My favorite was the girl running and the ray of sunlight beaming down through the trees onto her, very cool. :clap:

Graham_A_M
11-08-2008, 10:55 AM
^ Yeah he's very gifted...

And Rage, it was a security guard that took him on a one on one tour, he didn't go on any other pre-organized tours with any groups... it was just the guy showing him around to off-limit areas. Sorry for the disappointment. :(