PDA

View Full Version : A grim discovery for Barrie Police...

Stealth22
11-05-2008, 12:54 PM
I know the topic went out of hand last time, but I thought it was worth posting...that kid from Barrie that ran away from home after his parents took away his XBOX? Barrie Police believe they've found his body...

Police find body matching description of missing teen

Updated: Wed Nov. 05 2008 1:28:09 PM

ctvtoronto.ca

Barrie, Ont. police have found a body, and they believe it could match the description of teenager Brandon Crisp.

"At this point we believe it to be Brandon, and we're still obviously in the early stages of our investigation," Sgt. Dave Goodbrand of the Barrie police said Wednesday. "It's not confirmed because nothing's confirmed until we have pathology, but we believe it to be Brandon."

The news came Wednesday. The 15-year-old had stormed out of his parents' home on Oct. 13 in a tiff over his obsession with an online video game.

On Oct. 19, police started searching for the teen in an area just northeast of Barrie, focusing on the Hickling trail that runs along the north shore of Lake Simcoe's Kempenfelt Bay. At one point, a helicopter searched from the air, a police boat patrolled the shoreline and officers accompanied by dogs checked the woods and fields in the rural area.

From Oct. 24-26, volunteers searched an area outside the police grid.

Police ended their ground search on Oct. 28, but the search resumed again last Saturday, canvassing motorists and others for information.

This work uncovered a new witness who placed Brandon's location further east than originally thought.

When Brandon left home, he didn't have a cellphone, wallet or bank card with him. Police said he had little more than the clothes on his back.

Steve and Angelika Crisp, Brandon's parents, feared their son may have been grabbed by some online predator he may have met while playing "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare."

Goodbrand said investigators have spoken with the Crisps.

"They're obviously distraught by the information," he said.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20081105/crisp_body_081105/20081105?hub=Toronto

kaput
11-05-2008, 12:58 PM

Kona9
11-05-2008, 01:10 PM
WOW!! So unfortunate!

treg50
11-05-2008, 01:14 PM
It's pretty f'd up that a child can't go missing these days without being found raped and/or dead. What is with all the sick predator PEDOPHILES? From what we know someone grabbed the kid off his bicycle (a witness found it damaged along a side road, but it was gone when police went to check it out). Like what the hell? A kid can't even bike on their own anymore? I remember being a kid and biking all over the place. &esus, it's almost guaranteed, if your kid is missing she/he has been raped and murdered, damned terrible.

Some of the problems: 1) parenting; 2) video games (a 'problem' for younger kids especially, ie. addiction); 3) predators in society. The third being the worst one imo.

Canmorite
11-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Very sad outcome. I wonder why he was missing for so long before anything surfaced. There has to be a 3rd party invovled here.

rage2
11-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by treg50
It's pretty f'd up that a child can't go missing these days without being found raped and/or dead. What is with all the sick predator PEDOPHILES?
Do we know that's what happened? I mean if I took off from my house and went off into the boones with absolutely nothing but the clothes on me, I'm pretty sure I'd die fairly quickly.

treg50
11-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Do we know that's what happened? I mean if I took off from my house and went off into the boones with absolutely nothing but the clothes on me, I'm pretty sure I'd die fairly quickly.
Good point. I assume the worst sometimes, and I'm just sick and tired of other stories that end with those circumstances. Hopefully it's not even him.

5hift
11-05-2008, 01:31 PM
You'd think with all the COD he played, he'd have picked up on some survival skills.

In all seriousness though, I dont see a kid getting mad enough that he just runs deep into the wild and then dies of hunger/the elements. I think as already mentioned there is a unknown 3rd party in this story.

bigboom
11-05-2008, 01:36 PM
a theory i have could be the parents got so mad at his video game playing they killed him and then dumped his body...a terrible thought i know but one has to wonder.

but then again if a witness saw him then thats not very viable

Casa
11-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by rage2

this is true. I hope it wasn't a murder or anything.

anarchy
11-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by bigboom
a theory i have could be the parents got so mad at his video game playing they killed him and then dumped his body...a terrible thought i know but one has to wonder.

but then again if a witness saw him then thats not very viable

Uh....yeah I don't think so.

A tragic ending to this story if it is indeed him. I hope they find out what happened so at least there's some closure. It would be terrible for the parents to always live wondering what happened and whether they were fully responsible for their son's death.

nat_skyline
11-05-2008, 02:09 PM
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/531082

pretty much sums up to the same thing.. just a little diffrent info...
really sad to hear though... :(

EDIT video: http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20081105/081105_brandon_crisp/20081105/?hub=CP24Home

Tik-Tok
11-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by treg50
From what we know someone grabbed the kid off his bicycle (a witness found it damaged along a side road, but it was gone when police went to check it out).

They found his bike , and no mention of it being damaged :dunno:

dezmarez
11-05-2008, 02:21 PM
thats just messed
i wonder how far away from home he was
and what kind of place he was found in
like nose hill style?
or fish creek?
i cant see him just going out and dying on his own
there had to be someone involved

Xtrema
11-05-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm calling this:

Parents killed the kid on Xbox argument. Dad dump the body and stage the whole thing and called the police about a missing kid.

inline6turbo
11-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
I'm calling this:

Parents killed the kid on Xbox argument. Dad dump the body and stage the whole thing and called the police about a missing kid.

Weren't there reports of people actually seeing the kid though?

"new witness who placed Brandon's location further east than originally thought?"

momofan
11-05-2008, 03:08 PM
very sad for the family.

I just last night took our gaming systems away from our kids to get homework finished. I can't believe the parents let him even leave the house.

RIP, very sad news. I feel horrible for the parents, they will forever blame themselves.

old&slow
11-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by momofan
very sad for the family.

I can't believe the parents let him even leave the house.

^ain't that easy^

creeper
11-06-2008, 08:07 AM
QUESTION:

Curious why police dogs wouldn't have been able to locate the person? Not incredibly far from home, and the dogs obviously would have had clothing from the home to 'get the scent'. I thought those dogs were pretty much aces for this sort of thing?

badatusrnames
11-06-2008, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by creeper
QUESTION:

Curious why police dogs wouldn't have been able to locate the person? Not incredibly far from home, and the dogs obviously would have had clothing from the home to 'get the scent'. I thought those dogs were pretty much aces for this sort of thing?

:rofl: You've watched too many movies...

bigboom
11-06-2008, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by creeper
QUESTION:

if you read the article it states the werent searching that far east?

Supa Dexta
11-06-2008, 09:17 AM
The parents did it.. It's always the parents...

.... Also, autopsy's, if the kid isn't mangled to shit, how hard it it to tell that its a 15 yr old blond boy, after 3 weeks... It's not as if they've found numerous bodies out there and have to sort out who's who..

momofan
11-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Does Canada use bloodhounds? They can track a scent.

Witnesses placed him near the abandoned farm house right around the area he was found.

Since I have a boy that is 13 this is a gut wrenching story. We are having problems with our son playing Combat Arms online. Now the kids will have power with this story.

Which just brings me to another point. I read somewhere the father helped the son pack a bag to leave? So did he not take the bag with him? I will be interested in what the autopsy reveals. The parents of this boy will blame one another until they divorce is my prediction.

HyperZell
11-06-2008, 08:46 PM
One of the first comments when this was reported on kotaku.com was something like "guess he didn't have last stand." That lit up a shit storm, lol.

And yes, you need to know COD4 to get it.

Xtrema
11-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by HyperZell
One of the first comments when this was reported on kotaku.com was something like "guess he didn't have last stand." That lit up a shit storm, lol.

And yes, you need to know COD4 to get it.

UAV jammer comment was removed too. There was a pic in the random thread.

badatusrnames
11-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by momofan
Which just brings me to another point. I read somewhere the father helped the son pack a bag to leave? So did he not take the bag with him? I will be interested in what the autopsy reveals. The parents of this boy will blame one another until they divorce is my prediction.

That's interesting. I remember my parents offering to pack my bags for me when I was being difficult. Never called the bluff though. I'm assuming his parents expected him to come back in a few hours after learning his lesson. He must have been a stubborn kid.

momofan
11-07-2008, 09:37 AM
they believe he died of hypothermia, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

nonlinear
11-07-2008, 12:06 PM
^^source?

TYMSMNY
11-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
^^source?

check out google news. It'll have it on there. I read the same article re: hypothermia. Nothing is confirmed yet of course.

z24_wheels
11-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Kid was distraught over not being able to play his game. He could have committed suicide.

SilverGS
11-07-2008, 12:28 PM
I remember some parent's using that tactic when I was growing up. Most kids don't call that bluff and if they do they are usually back within the day and stayed at a friend's place or something. I am expecting that after the kid had problems with his bike and ditched it he got lost and died of exposure.

dezmarez
11-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
^^source?

just heard it on the news

Team_Mclaren
11-07-2008, 09:38 PM
man, i got "kicked out" when i was like 12, im sure many asians here can relate. Go walk around, bum off a friends house for a few hours, then return home just to get beat, cycle continues. Whats with kids nowdays? Its so unfortunate that some kid just died like that...

jazzyb
11-07-2008, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
man, i got "kicked out" when i was like 12, im sure many asians here can relate. Go walk around, bum off a friends house for a few hours, then return home just to get beat, cycle continues. Whats with kids nowdays? Its so unfortunate that some kid just died like that...

its pretty unfortunate that your parents would kick you out at that age. Shit my parents freaked when i left home for like 4hours when I was mad (i wuz like 18).

googe
11-08-2008, 06:21 AM
confirmed, it was him. he died of hypothermia/exposure.

the internet trolls have made sure he went down in history with the likes of mitchell henderson.

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Brandon_Crisp

Wakalimasu
11-08-2008, 01:23 PM
autopsy revealed that he had injuries consistant with falling out of a tree.

prolly combination of falling out of tree and unable to move and hypothermia killing

tree pwned him

momofan
11-08-2008, 02:16 PM
http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5irpWhHfH_wTEP4VEup5GCcoU-q4A

RIP Brandon, and condolences to the Crisp family

dino_martini
11-08-2008, 03:15 PM
RIP. Sad story. I cant imagine what the parents are going through right now.

cycosis
11-08-2008, 11:18 PM
My parents were notorious for taking shit away from me when I was younger, never drove me to running away though. I would just wait till they went to work and go on a rampage through the hosue until I found it. Really not that hard.