PDA

View Full Version : Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Tonight

Zero102
11-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Anybody else going?
Saw these guys in vancouver last year. I was all excited that it would be something totally new this year but after talking to a couple people who have gone to multiple shows it sounds like they just repeat themselves year after year. Hoping they are wrong...

They easily had the best stage show I have ever seen last year and unlike so many other heavy metal orchestras out there their music is incredibly well organized and executed.

For anybody who doesn't know who they are, a youtube link is in order:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkAhmH40kiM

Favorite songs would be:
Christmas Eve - Sarajevo
Wish Liszt
Wizards in Winter

Darkane
11-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Alex Skolnick ftw.

He does some good work for the TSO when not in Testament.

He's a jazz guitarist too :poosie:

Canmorite
11-05-2008, 11:58 PM
Just got back. The lighting and effects were unreal. I've never seen a stage setup like that!

Great music too. First time seeing them and was really impressed.

nismodrifter
11-06-2008, 12:43 AM
The infamous vid...

IK90Ys2LhSo

nich148_9
11-06-2008, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
The infamous vid...

Youtube

I really, really want to do that with my house.

I also wanted to go tonight, but didn't find out about it until a friend came back from the show and was all "I went to TSO tonight." So... there's my story.
:whocares:

Ripper
11-06-2008, 07:55 AM
That was a pretty intense concert last night! Those guys really know how to put on a show.

topmade
11-06-2008, 08:53 AM
I wanted to see this, but I didn't get picked from the company draw :(

Zero102
11-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Company draw? The tickets are only ~$55 for floor seats, just go ;). I had 10th row on the floor and it was bloody amazing (aside from the drunken retards beside me). The show was 90% the same as when I saw it in Vancouver last year, but what I forgot was just how well refined the entire show is. They REALLY do know how to put on a show. Even knowing almost everything that is coming it never got boring. 3 hours disappears real fast when you are at a TSO show. Even with a group of 3 drunken idiots bashing into me every 5 or 10 seconds and screaming/laughing the entire show it was still amazing.

Only "complaint" I have is that I still have green/dark spots in my vision. Last year I was off to the side, it wasn't all that bright, but being right on the floor this time, holy cow was it ever bright. So long as these clear up by tomorrow I'm not worried at all, but its kinda tricky to read now and I have a math quiz in 3 hours, lol.

Definitely going again next year, and I think I'm going to try to get my dad and sister going with me.

Canmorite
11-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
I had 10th row on the floor and it was bloody amazing (aside from the drunken retards beside me).

The two or three guys with long hair and hats who kept standing and throwing up devil horns?

I could see them from behind. Super pumped guys. :rofl:

Ripper
11-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Haha so true on the lights, I was in 14 and totally blinded. First concert I've been too that I wished I had sat a little further back! :D

Zero102
11-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite

The two or three guys with long hair and hats who kept standing and throwing up devil horns?

I could see them from behind. Super pumped guys. :rofl:

LOL, yes, 3 guys
at one point the guy directly infront of them turned around and completely bitched one of them out, after that they were a bit better behaved. They went through 4-6 beers each during the show and were definitely pre-drinking before they got there. I think they had the wrong idea of the show. When they started dancing like the girls though.. that was enough. I elbowed one of them in the neck really hard after he shoved me twice in a row.

Fuck, some people need to learn to have a little bit of respect.

Found another youtube vid that captures the spirit of TSO pretty well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl7Wz4zdDZc

A bit of fun, a bit of lights (ooh! colored fire!), and buckets and BUCKETS of talent. Not to mention, one of my favorite tunes :clap:

Alright, I'll stop whoring this thread up.

Rat Fink
11-06-2008, 04:44 PM