PDA

View Full Version : Hummer H2

5000Audi
11-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Well ive always wanted a hummer for a family unit..

just wondering if anyone here has one and what they think of them.. i want to buy a used one since brand new im looking at 88K and i can get a nice used one for 25-40K.. i have test drove a few of them at dealerships and found its a nice ride...

anyone have any pro's and or con's on the hummer H2?

GT.....O?
11-05-2008, 10:37 PM
H1 owns H2:facepalm:

kaput
11-05-2008, 10:56 PM

justincalgary
11-05-2008, 11:08 PM
pro: kinda looks like a jeep

con: it isn't a jeep

keK3DmRlE0M

BigDannyCool
11-05-2008, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by GT.....O?
H1 owns H2:facepalm:

some people can't afford $100,000

5000Audi
11-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool

some people can't afford $100,000

i am one of those people...and im actually looking for reviews on the H2 from people that actually own/ owned one...not people that just think they suck...if everyone listened to people critiecs then why do people still buy neons? soo please no flaming i just want to have some ACTUAL reviews from owners please...

Graham_A_M
11-05-2008, 11:29 PM
sure, if 8mpg is fine for you:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

they're fine, other then the fact they drink gas like its water. :thumbsdow

go with an Envoy or the like unless gas money matter to you. :dunno:

KyleTA
11-05-2008, 11:44 PM
GSL has a bitchin H2 in the used lot with a blower on it for like 27k.... i'd rock one for sure

bobby_lu
11-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
sure, if 8mpg is fine for you:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

they're fine, other then the fact they drink gas like its water. :thumbsdow

go with an Envoy or the like unless gas money matter to you. :dunno:

I don't think you would b buying an Hummer OR an Envoy if fuel economy mattered, maybe a couple mpg better for the Envoy.

TorqueDog
11-06-2008, 12:42 AM
An Envoy will be FAR better on fuel than an H2.

I was entirely disappointed in the quality of the H2's interior, and specifically the dash, which felt very Fisher-Price to me.

Looks-wise, it's fine. Seats aren't bad either. Definitely feels underpowered, owing to it weighing about as much as a small country.

5000Audi
11-06-2008, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by KyleTA
GSL has a bitchin H2 in the used lot with a blower on it for like 27k.... i'd rock one for sure

ohhhh...going to have to go have a glance at that one tommorrow... i cant find it on their website tho...bah

shin0bi
11-06-2008, 12:50 AM
An H2 with a blower on it... what's that get? 5 mpg?

5000Audi
11-06-2008, 12:54 AM
ok...i KNOW they have bad fuel economy i knew that before i even thought to make this thread... if i wanted a vehical that was good on gas i would have asked about reviews on a yaris or cobalt... but no i want to know things about the hummer...but i guess no one really wants to give me good reviews on it so might as well close this thread then

BlackArcher101
11-06-2008, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by 5000Audi
but no i want to know things about the hummer...but i guess no one really wants to give me good reviews on it so might as well close this thread then

It's because there aren't any. I know 4 different people that bought one during it's hype... of the 4, 3 hate it and they now can't sell it worth a crap, watch the value drop like a rock everyday, and since they hate it so much they just park it and drive something else they bought to replace it. The last 1 is still driving it but doesn't prefer it. He's only doing so because it's paid for by the company.

There's a reason they are so cheap... the main one being because the whole line has been abandoned and waaayyyy to much surplus stock. Now wonder why that is.

TomcoPDR
11-06-2008, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by 5000Audi
ok...i KNOW they have bad fuel economy i knew that before i even thought to make this thread... if i wanted a vehical that was good on gas i would have asked about reviews on a yaris or cobalt... but no i want to know things about the hummer...but i guess no one really wants to give me good reviews on it so might as well close this thread then

Ahhhhhh fuck fine, I didn't wanna sound like a post whore being in every thread.

One of my business associates drive one, and he drives it all across Canada. (we work anywhere)
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Storms0064.jpg http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Storms0062.jpg

My experience/opinions on it is based on either taking his truck to pick up lunch, or riding with him sometimes.

Pros:
- If gas/money isn't a concern, it is ballin' (i.e. if someone writes gas off from business, rich, etc...)
- You feel safer
- If you're under 5'7" you REALLY DO feel like you got a 12" penis driving this
- Great pick up line: "Hey, so you ever given a hummer in a hummer?"
- Specifically the H2, you can service it at most GM dealerships like farmer joe's longbox Chevy Silverado :rofl:
- Anyone under the age of 12 thinks you're cool
- GM truck like handling (like turning radius and such, unlike H1 for example)
- Any bitches (both males or females) do get outta the way on the highway as you come up behind them... move bitch get out the way!
- You need zero game to pick up chicks working at drive-thrus, espeically Tim Hortons, you do get great drive-thru service with a smile for some reason

Cons:
- Heavy ass tire, if it's the model with the spare inside, it takes up all your cargo space
- Always on 4wd
- You can't squeeze into certain parking spots
- People think you got a small pee-pee ding dong
- If you're in Alberta and plan on driving this outside of city limits (i.e. oil rig areas), people will think you're weak sauce... cuz them F-350 with 12" lifts be rolling up ur ass looking down at you like a baby elephant
- People driving H3's think they're your friends and equal, and by "people with H3" I mean soccer moms is just as cool as you
- Not much for cargo space (the guy that drives this has to haul a trailer :rofl: I fit all my tools in a regular full size SUV)
- Someone within your friend group will always make class clown Arnold reference everytime you drive: "QUICK, get into the Humveeeee" (I'm the one started it with our group)
- Pretty noisy truck over 80km (it could be the factory BFG rugged terrian, but what else do people put, run flats Nittos???)
- Dealing with other H2 drivers pulling up to you, who thinks he's got a bigger dick than you (either they'll pull up with a smirk and pretend they didn't see you... or they gangsta lend with 1 hand on top of steering and looking at you like they wanna bro-rape you)
- Takes forever to fill up

Palmiros
11-06-2008, 01:37 AM
Get a Yukon Denali, they look sick :P

Supa Dexta
11-06-2008, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
you can service it at most GM dealerships like farmer joe's longbox Chevy Silverado :rofl:

:guns:

:rofl:

Casa
11-06-2008, 09:19 AM
what a terrible investment.
no matter what you do, this car's value will drop like a rock daily. You drive it off the lot and you'll lose a couple grand. Buy it privately, you still lose. For full size SUV's, there's a lot better choices. Like a lot better. How about the Denali? <- which sucks too but its better (anything is better) than a Hummer.

dino_martini
11-06-2008, 09:23 AM
The H2 looks awesome, and with the update in 07', with the new 6.0L V8 + Six Speed Automatic out of the Escalade/Denali its better then it was before. But its really not that great. I think you would be better off buying an Escalade or Denali. Its a lot more practical then the H2. You can seat up to 8 people in a Escalade, where as the H2 says you can seat 7 people, but the third row is useless. I'd skip the Hummer, but on the other hand they look pretty bad ass.

5000Audi
11-06-2008, 09:29 AM
well i really dont need anything more then 4 seats

really i love the looks of it and i like the size for safty i have 1 2 year old daughter and in 7 months ill have another one so thats another big reason im looking into somthing big like this... but ive looked into the denali and escalade but i dont prefurr that style of SUV as they are pretty long... i dont mind driving big units but they are a bit to long i figar and not as cool looking ....but im keeping my options open still leaning twords the hummer...i have norm priceing me out one here so we will see what becomes... Thanks for everyones reply!

Kloubek
11-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by bobby_lu

I don't think you would b buying an Hummer OR an Envoy if fuel economy mattered, maybe a couple mpg better for the Envoy.

Envoy: 16/22mpg
H2: 10/13mpg

I'd say that's a pretty significant difference?

OP: H2's are cool. They offroad like little else, have a "status" to them (both good and bad I guess), and are very manly vehicles.

But looking at the absolutely horrible mileage, along with the fact they rank as one of GM's worst quality products means I'm not likely to get one any time soon, and I think you should strongly reconsider unless you like spending a ton of money on gas and replacement parts.

Eleanor
11-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Get an Odyssey

3g4u
11-06-2008, 10:11 AM
I have a Hummer at my Cabin strickly for hauling quads, snowmobiles, boat and whatnot.

I can say that i really like this vehicle for what it is. It is BIG, heavy, eats gas like no tomorrow, allthough isnt that bad if you keep the speed below 120Km/Hr. This vehicle is OK for offroading but really it is huge so dont plan on heading out where Jeep tj;s and quads go. I much prefer my TJ for offroading. I think it has plenty of power for such a big vehicle. Also watch KM on the one you plan on buying because after about 80,000km's many people start seeing many many problems. I would say go buy it, it truely is a wicked vehicle.

TorqueDog
11-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Casa
what a terrible investment.
no matter what you do, this car's value will drop like a rock daily. You drive it off the lot and you'll lose a couple grand. Buy it privately, you still lose. For full size SUV's, there's a lot better choices. Like a lot better. How about the Denali? &lt;- which sucks too but its better (anything is better) than a Hummer. ... he's buying a vehicle, of course it's a terrible investment. Doesn't matter what you buy.

If he was buying this vehicle to flip it and make some money, then he's got a pretty bad strategy there. He's buying it to drive and get some actual use out of, so this is a pretty weak point to make against an H2.

bobby_lu
11-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek

Envoy: 16/22mpg
H2: 10/13mpg

I'd say that's a pretty significant difference?

touche.

I read some ratings around 12mpg for the H2 and as low as 13mpg for the Envoy (depends V6 or V8 also I guess) so thats where my point was based.

Either way, neither should be considered based on fuel economy (obviously) anyways.

Casa
11-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
... he's buying a vehicle, of course it's a terrible investment. Doesn't matter what you buy.

If he was buying this vehicle to flip it and make some money, then he's got a pretty bad strategy there. He's buying it to drive and get some actual use out of, so this is a pretty weak point to make against an H2.

Nah. Most people care about resell when they buy a car. This is part of a reason why people drive Toyota's over Hyundai (and yes I realize your passionate hate for Toyota). A common question I was asked when I was selling cars was, "how much will this car be worth in a few years?" than I'd ask them how much they drove it per year and explain the rate of depreciation. An Escalade depreciates yes. A Hummer depreciates way way more. It doesn't even make sense to buy a Hummer (considering the competition) unless you don't mind losing thousands and thousands of dollars.

to the OP:
how about a BMW X5 (2003-2006)? pretty reliable, really comfortable, handles awesome and I think is one of the best looking SUV's on the road!

bituerbo
11-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Dude... volvo XC90.
Fallout shelter on wheels with HUGE versatility and way better MPG.
It will holds it's value a million times better than the H2, build quality is better, and it's a nicer car to be inside.

3g4u
11-06-2008, 12:29 PM
lol volvo:facepalm:

C4S
11-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Yes .. they are cheap to buy now .. not hard to find one for under $30K ..

Yes .. it uses a lots of gas .. but gas price is going down now .. ~ 90 cent area .. if you are not putting 30,000 km a yr, then .. not bad ..

However .. as long as you dont mind their fugly look .. then it is ok .. :D

Weapon_R
11-06-2008, 12:54 PM
They are awesome buys for 20-25k. I've seen some really cheap ones but that may be over since gas is much cheaper than it was a few months ago.

I would recommend them. They are a lot of fun, very nice inside and out, and roomy. The newer ones with the 6L engine have some very good pickup. They are terrible on fuel but obviously not your concern.

Xtrema
11-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by KyleTA

Hummer with a blower, isn't that redundant? :D

Kloubek
11-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by C4S
Yes .. they are cheap to buy now .. not hard to find one for under $30K ..

Yes .. it uses a lots of gas .. but gas price is going down now .. ~ 90 cent area .. if you are not putting 30,000 km a yr, then .. not bad ..

However .. as long as you dont mind their fugly look .. then it is ok .. :D

Gas prices are going down, but ALL the experts predict it will go back up for the summer.

Fugly? These vehicles aren't EXPECTED to have the swoopy lines and gorgeous curves of some of the new vehicles we see. It's meant to look big, chunky, and tough - and it does. Personally, I think the look is near perfect for what it is.

shin0bi
11-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by 3g4u
lol volvo:facepalm:

I'd take a Volvo XC90 over an H2 any day. And this is coming from a devout GM Fanboy.

I don't think the pro-Hummer "Safety" arguement the OP made holds that much water, frankly. I'd think the Volvo's safety rating is the same if not better than the hummer. (though admittedly I am far too apathetic to actually research crash test ratings.)

And lest we forget, FORD got a 5 star rating out of a mustang convertible(!) so if you're gonna drop tons of cash on a hummer because its "the safest"... then... hey... Its your money, right?

Rstar
11-06-2008, 02:43 PM
I drove one to kelowna and back. Despite it weighing a hojillion pounds it never really felt that stable and it was pretty noisy. I honestly didn't feel comfortable going over 115 in it.

funkedelic2
11-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Ahhhhhh fuck fine, I didn't wanna sound like a post whore being in every thread.

One of my business associates drive one, and he drives it all across Canada. (we work anywhere)
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Storms0064.jpg http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Storms0062.jpg

My experience/opinions on it is based on either taking his truck to pick up lunch, or riding with him sometimes.

Pros:
- If gas/money isn't a concern, it is ballin' (i.e. if someone writes gas off from business, rich, etc...)
- You feel safer
- If you're under 5'7&quot; you REALLY DO feel like you got a 12&quot; penis driving this
- Great pick up line: &quot;Hey, so you ever given a hummer in a hummer?&quot;
- Specifically the H2, you can service it at most GM dealerships like farmer joe's longbox Chevy Silverado :rofl:
- Anyone under the age of 12 thinks you're cool
- GM truck like handling (like turning radius and such, unlike H1 for example)
- Any bitches (both males or females) do get outta the way on the highway as you come up behind them... move bitch get out the way!
- You need zero game to pick up chicks working at drive-thrus, espeically Tim Hortons, you do get great drive-thru service with a smile for some reason

Cons:
- Heavy ass tire, if it's the model with the spare inside, it takes up all your cargo space
- Always on 4wd
- You can't squeeze into certain parking spots
- People think you got a small pee-pee ding dong
- If you're in Alberta and plan on driving this outside of city limits (i.e. oil rig areas), people will think you're weak sauce... cuz them F-350 with 12&quot; lifts be rolling up ur ass looking down at you like a baby elephant
- People driving H3's think they're your friends and equal, and by &quot;people with H3&quot; I mean soccer moms is just as cool as you
- Not much for cargo space (the guy that drives this has to haul a trailer :rofl: I fit all my tools in a regular full size SUV)
- Someone within your friend group will always make class clown Arnold reference everytime you drive: &quot;QUICK, get into the Humveeeee&quot; (I'm the one started it with our group)
- Pretty noisy truck over 80km (it could be the factory BFG rugged terrian, but what else do people put, run flats Nittos???)
- Dealing with other H2 drivers pulling up to you, who thinks he's got a bigger dick than you (either they'll pull up with a smirk and pretend they didn't see you... or they gangsta lend with 1 hand on top of steering and looking at you like they wanna bro-rape you)
- Takes forever to fill up

:rofl: awesome

canuckcarguy
11-06-2008, 03:01 PM
^

+1. Best response possible.

treg50
11-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Check out the Tahoe, Enclave (a bit more luxurious styling), Yukon.

I was going say the Toyota FJ Cruiser would be perfect since you don't like long trucks but this shit only has two-doors. Toyota must be using the same brain as when they offered ABS as an option only. I think Lexus has the LX, that's massive SUV you might like.

Wanting the H2 for 'safety reasons' borders on being paranoid since it's pretty much OVERKILL and excess, and not that much of a safer vehicle.

Hakkola
11-06-2008, 03:17 PM
G Class if you want pimp factor and offroad w/o looking like a douche. (IMO)

rc2002
11-06-2008, 03:55 PM
The Hummer and Escalade appeal died at the same time as the F&F ricers. You could get one, but you'd look like a fool driving it.

kwazy
11-06-2008, 04:24 PM
LOL, The H2 is a POS that was made for the rap videos and so on. If you want to get a SUV for the family and don't care much about going offroad and have minor things to tow. You are much better off with a Range Rover Sport or regular one. When it comes to SUV's, The RR is pretty much the top of the line. The next tier down would be a X5 or a Cayenne. Although these SUV's are more oriented towards city driving when compared to the RR.

Masked Bandit
11-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by treg50

Wanting the H2 for 'safety reasons' borders on being paranoid since it's pretty much OVERKILL and excess, and not that much of a safer vehicle.

If you've ever been involved in an accident with your own children in the car.....there is no such thing as overkill / excess.

I completely understand the motivation / thought process of the OP. The H2 itself wouldn't be my first choice as I like to have a truck bed, but for some of the same reasons, I personally just changed from a Nissan Frontier to a Chevy Avalanche. Do I need the extra towing capacity? Nope. Do I feel better with my kids in it when I'm driving around? YEP. Is it worth the few bucks extra in gas? Absolutely.

Casa
11-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by kwazy
LOL, The H2 is a POS that was made for the rap videos and so on. If you want to get a SUV for the family and don't care much about going offroad and have minor things to tow. You are much better off with a Range Rover Sport or regular one. When it comes to SUV's, The RR is pretty much the top of the line. The next tier down would be a X5 or a Cayenne. Although these SUV's are more oriented towards city driving when compared to the RR.

Range Rover is absolute junk for reliability
the worst of all car manufacturers.

kwazy
11-06-2008, 05:57 PM

Range Rover is absolute junk for reliability
the worst of all car manufacturers.

You think the H2 is much better? Those who buy RR's don't usually keep the car for longer than the warranty period anyways, much like BMW. When you get into a H2, you know you're sitting in a SUV that's made with cheap plastic straight out of Detroit. Not to mention, the whole point of a SUV is so you can pack all your shit in, but there is next to no space in the H2. If you want a luxo, reliable SUV get the Lexus LX 570

Casa
11-06-2008, 06:59 PM

You think the H2 is much better? Those who buy RR's don't usually keep the car for longer than the warranty period anyways, much like BMW. When you get into a H2, you know you're sitting in a SUV that's made with cheap plastic straight out of Detroit. Not to mention, the whole point of a SUV is so you can pack all your shit in, but there is next to no space in the H2. If you want a luxo, reliable SUV get the Lexus LX 570

the H2 is more reliable than a Range Rover. As terrible as it is.

and yeah I agree the Lexus LX 570 is great. The new Infiniti QX56 is pretty great too

kwazy
11-06-2008, 07:33 PM

the H2 is more reliable than a Range Rover. As terrible as it is.

and yeah I agree the Lexus LX 570 is great. The new Infiniti QX56 is pretty great too

The QX doesn't even come close in terms of quality and luxury. When sitting in the QX, you can tell Infiniti owns Nissan as it dips into the same parts bin.

SilVFan
11-06-2008, 07:36 PM

The QX doesn't even come close in terms of quality and luxury. When sitting in the QX, you can tell Infiniti owns Nissan as it dips into the same parts bin.

Don't dis Nissan:banghead:

kwazy
11-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by SilVFan

Don't dis Nissan:banghead:

Don't even start, I have a $100,000 Nissan and I went into my employees POS altima the other day, most of the switches were the same :rofl:

At least with the GTR, you don't really look at the interior.

Whereas the LX is the pinnacle of luxury. Lexus went to extremes with their vehicles, they use the same tree when they carve the wood for the wood dash so the grain patterns are all match.

TomcoPDR
11-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Off topic, kwazy, you've got quite the collection there (of vehicles)... pics pics pics :drool:

Casa
11-07-2008, 12:51 AM

Don't even start, I have a $100,000 Nissan and I went into my employees POS altima the other day, most of the switches were the same :rofl:

At least with the GTR, you don't really look at the interior.

Whereas the LX is the pinnacle of luxury. Lexus went to extremes with their vehicles, they use the same tree when they carve the wood for the wood dash so the grain patterns are all match.

I was in an 08 QX56 and it had the best appointed Nissan interior I've ever seen :dunno:
but i agree, Lexus is much better for luxury.

and show some pictures of your rides?

kwazy
11-07-2008, 12:54 AM

I was in an 08 QX56 and it had the best appointed Nissan interior I've ever seen :dunno:
but i agree, Lexus is much better for luxury.

and show some pictures of your rides?

Pics:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/240706/enough/

ZorroAMG
11-07-2008, 01:18 AM
The POS H2 is a suburban with different sheet metal. It can't off road for shit, if that's your concern.

But, hey, if you want to own the BIGGEST poseur-mobile out there, with shitty mileage, shitty interior and shitty tonka exterior....

Kwazy, for a "car guy" you seem to know NOTHING about RR's. They are SHIT. Period.

cam_wmh
11-07-2008, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
The POS H2 is a suburban with different sheet metal. It can't off road for shit, if that's your concern.

But, hey, if you want to own the BIGGEST poseur-mobile out there, with shitty mileage, shitty interior and shitty tonka exterior....

Kwazy, for a &quot;car guy&quot; you seem to know NOTHING about RR's. They are SHIT. Period.

x2.

I've come to realize you can't change a person's taste in style. You can can either appreciate it or mock it, & in this instance, it's the latter.

TorqueDog
11-07-2008, 02:41 AM
Nah. Most people care about resell when they buy a car. This is part of a reason why people drive Toyota's over Hyundai (and yes I realize your passionate hate for Toyota). A common question I was asked when I was selling cars was, &quot;how much will this car be worth in a few years?&quot; than I'd ask them how much they drove it per year and explain the rate of depreciation. An Escalade depreciates yes. A Hummer depreciates way way more. It doesn't even make sense to buy a Hummer (considering the competition) unless you don't mind losing thousands and thousands of dollars.If you prioritize resale value over your own personal preference of vehicle, you're buying an appliance; buy whatever beige Japanese sedan comes your way.

8Ball
11-07-2008, 04:09 PM
love the internet... all these facts and figures and only one guy who actually owns one.

opinions from someone who owned one;
one of the safest of all
same gas mileage as a 2500HD4X4 truck. Moot point.
very versatile, roomy
great towing
amazing offroad
not another vehicle that compares

www.hummerforums.com