PDA

View Full Version : Information On "NISMO Lightspeed Tuning"

aquamarine
11-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Oh the tweens are at it again...

Sorry to interrupt here, but there's a kid from Calgary, Albert named Zeid Ali who says he's one of the high-ranking owners/members of the "official NISMO club in Calgary, the NISMO Lightspeed Tuning Co." He's attempting to convince me to send him prints that I have produced while working in Japan at the 2004 and 2006 Auto Salons. Now, he is explaining to me that he is part of this NISMO club and that they import brand new Skylines from Japan with his "Connections" and is trying to convince me that he could bring my 2005 over. Sad thing for him is that it's not only sold, but it's a 2005... not exactly legal to be brought over even if I still lived in Japan.

Now I'm trying to see if anyone from Beyond has ever even heard of "NISMO Lightspeed Tuning" that this kid is the president of. Any ideas about this guy or what? Since I don't live in Calgary and haven't since 2002, I don't know about it at all.

For what it's worth, he contacted me simply after seeing my car in a facebook group. Here's his FB info, perhaps that will help you folks ID him to prove him right or as being an outright bullshitter (which I have my money on).
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=824295021 I don't mind sending out a couple of posters, however I'm not going to send them just because some child claims to be the president of this club and owns the company.

So to sum up..
1) Anyone know this kid?
2) Who would I contact about this NISMO Lightspeed Tuning company to verify his story and/or send the posters to?
3) If you know the above two, how is he affiliated with Nissan and NISMO?

Here's his picture: http://profile.ak.facebook.com/v222/572/124/n824295021_547.jpg
He certainly looks professional.... *rolls eyes*

Cheers everyone

Aqua

Micho
11-05-2008, 11:58 PM
As far as I know, there is no such thing as "Nismo Lightspeed Tuning" in Calgary, you're getting bullshit.

This guy hasn't even graduated from highschool yet....:rolleyes:

aquamarine
11-05-2008, 11:59 PM
Thought, but had to ask. :) Anyone know this kid?

He 'claims' to be studying at the UofC taking Mech.Engineering...

aquamarine
11-06-2008, 12:08 AM
A (semi) brief synopsis of what's transpiring on Facebook thus far.

Zeid Ali: sup man! i see u have a skyline right??
Chris Pozland: I used to. Not anymore. Not for several years now.

Zeid Ali: oh i see cuz im a member and one of the presidents of a tuning team in canada and im a memebr of the skyline group on facebook so i was interested in seeing yours
Chris Pozland: Sorry Zeid, I gave it up when I moved to Canada in 2006.

Zeid Ali: oh thats too bad , we were planning on using it to break speed records
Chris Pozland: Yea, I never tuned it or did anything other than buy it premium. Fuck, parking alone was costing me nearly 75,000 yen a month, more than my rent. Besides, how the hell would you get a 2005 Skyline into Canada in the first place, let alone make it break a speed record?

Zeid Ali: well since we dont really drive the car and we have connections with the importers we have our ways into letting pass as a diffrent car and no one would know if we hung onto it and im second in charge of nismo racing team so we have the money we just needed the car i all
Chris Pozland: Anyways, I wouldn't let someone in high school touch my car, let alone someone who has less than 10 years tuning experience.

You're on Nismo? I worked the Tokyo Auto Salon for Nissan in 2004 and then Toyota in 2006. What is your team representatives name that is associated with Nissan? I'd love to give him a holler next time I pass through town and donate some prints. If you can, please forward me with his information and I'll be sure you get a few poster prints as well for your club.

Zeid Ali: OH that info of me in high school is old. i got o UofA in edmonton taking mechanical enginerring
Chris Pozland: Sorry Zeid, I won't be sending anything to anyone I don't know personally. Higher chance of my material being mis-used and pirated. Are you the club officiando? And how are you affiliated with the company?

Zeid Ali: hey chose me to be with them
Chris Pozland: Well if you can supply me with some credentials and your superiors contact information, then I would be happy to set up a meeting together.

Zeid Ali: meeting for what? i just need some pics of the car is all if you can
Chris Pozland: Well I would like to know the people in person that I am donating my work to. If your club simply wishes to purchase the poster, each of my photos in print at 18X30 sell for $330 per. In that case, I will happily mail them out in a poster-tube when the funds reach my business account.

Transp0rt3r
11-06-2008, 12:17 AM
Hahaha .. some young punk put Nismo sticker on his POS R32 and now is trying to convince you in this bullshit(NISMO tuning/racing team) ??? lol :facepalm: He is 18 years old at most !!!

He 'claims' to be studying at the UofC taking Mech.Engineering...

Ran him through database - nada !!! Oh NM -
i got o UofA in edmonton taking mechanical enginerring
:banghead:

He is clearly baka !!!!

n1zm0
11-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Transp0rt3r
Hahaha .. some young punk put Nismo sticker on his POS R32 and now is trying to convince you in this bullshit(NISMO tuning/racing team) ??? lol :facepalm: He is 18 years old at most !!!

lol yeah, the only automotive tuning related company with that name that i know of in Alberta is Lightspeed innov. in Reddeer, at one point they were the only ones with an AWD Dynapack in Alberta iirc. Other than that, a Certified NISMO dealer is usually within a Nissan dealers parts department.

so to get this straight, he wants to buy your old car, in japan and some pics you took from the Auto Salon?

iirc there are some loopholes to get newer that 15 y/o cars here, just not allowed to drive on the streets/be registered etc.. you may use it for track use only kinda thing. I'm pretty sure he's right in the sense that you could bring over anything if you had the money, but it's ineligible for street use and would collect dust for 15 years if you wanted to use it on the street.

In one edition, Sport Compact Car magazine brought over an S15 spec R for track racing. but thats the States so :dunno:

well slap me silly and call me Bob, breaking speed records in Alberta, where? shut down the Queen Elizabeth for a day? i dont give a shit who you know to import these cars but go public with a car like that, i'm sure Transport Canada will be all up your ass..

kids and their ricer wet dreams :nut:

Toms-SC
11-06-2008, 11:04 PM
In on this

kwazy
11-06-2008, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

lol yeah, the only automotive tuning related company with that name that i know of in Alberta is Lightspeed innov. in Reddeer, at one point they were the only ones with an AWD Dynapack in Alberta iirc. Other than that, a Certified NISMO dealer is usually within a Nissan dealers parts department.

so to get this straight, he wants to buy your old car, in japan and some pics you took from the Auto Salon?

iirc there are some loopholes to get newer that 15 y/o cars here, just not allowed to drive on the streets/be registered etc.. you may use it for track use only kinda thing. I'm pretty sure he's right in the sense that you could bring over anything if you had the money, but it's ineligible for street use and would collect dust for 15 years if you wanted to use it on the street.

In one edition, Sport Compact Car magazine brought over an S15 spec R for track racing. but thats the States so :dunno:

well slap me silly and call me Bob, breaking speed records in Alberta, where? shut down the Queen Elizabeth for a day? i dont give a shit who you know to import these cars but go public with a car like that, i'm sure Transport Canada will be all up your ass..

kids and their ricer wet dreams :nut:

Just so you know, there are ways of making a sub 15 year old car legal, it takes alot of work and money. There is a R34 GTR right now that is legal and insurable. However, it's on sale for $250,000 LOLOLOLOLO

It's a kit car.

tabouli
11-06-2008, 11:41 PM
Brutal.
This loser isn't worth a Facebook link to laugh at, let alone his own thread on the forums. I'd suggest that a Moderator close this thread if the potential for humor wasn't so high. As it stands ..... this could produce an entertaining turn out.

Can we please get a response from the Nismo Tuner himself? *Edit Might be too soon to ask this one ....
Or maybe one of our astute CSI agents can reveal what kind of machine this guy drives?

I bet it's a real JDM beauty! :rofl: