PDA

View Full Version : RECOVERED: 1993 BMW 325i Green (GEP-049)

lauphman
11-06-2008, 11:30 AM
this morning from the esso gas station in midnapore my 1993 bmw 325 was stolen its green in colour, no exterior modifications, no window tints, tan cloth interior, winter steelies on it now, and white eagle sticker on the left corner of the trunk.

license plate GEP-049 if you see it please call the cops! and my cell phone (403) 608-6644

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v339/229/1/596411999/n596411999_1218643_2770.jpg

hypnotoad
11-06-2008, 11:54 AM
:facepalm: Who would steal a BMW? Some people...

Anyway, good luck with the search, hope you find your car!

benyl
11-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Did you leave it running?

Sticky for you.

lauphman
11-06-2008, 12:20 PM
yeah i pull up to the gas station like 3 to 4 times a week leave it running go in grab something to drink and some smokes. today i just needed smokes i was in and out in about a minute... no witnesses just one person tanking up which didnt notice who entered the car just noticed it peeling off.

2002civic
11-06-2008, 12:22 PM
way to pull a phaneuf, hopefully its recovered before its trashed

Kloubek
11-06-2008, 12:27 PM
:facepalm: If you leave your car running and unattended, you're just ASKING for it to be taken.

Still - good luck with finding it.

lauphman
11-06-2008, 12:29 PM
yeah my fuckup. cop says its really common.

rc2002
11-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Almost sounds to me like someone has seen you do it before and they were just waiting for you to do it again.

Hope you find it. I'll keep an eye out.

Stealth22
11-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by lauphman
this morning from the esso gas station in midnapore my 1993 bmw 325 was stolen

2002civic's signature

FS 2001 330 fully loaded!!!!$15000

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/238844/fs-2001-bmw-330-price-dropped/
Time for an upgrade? :rofl:

EDIT: Sorry, I just found that funny/ironic...hope you get your car back!!

supra_11
11-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Is this Chase Simards car? Guessing you are Chase..
You'd think there would be surveillance there, seeing how 2-3 people got stabbed just outside that station not too long ago..

bituerbo
11-06-2008, 01:16 PM
I heard a rumour that in cases like this insurance won't cover it as you left the keys in the car w/ it running - because unless you did everything within reason to prevent it from being stolen then they can refuse a claim. I think leaving it running while unattended is within that realm of reason.

Sorry for your loss, and maybe shit's changed since I last heard.

itrVTEC
11-06-2008, 01:36 PM
didnt you have the 626 that got slammed few months back?

live in the area ill keep an eye out for it

lauphman
11-06-2008, 01:52 PM
i dont have theft on the car anyways so im out of luck if it doesnt get recovered. im not chase but there is a same green bmw in my area with rims and tint that could of been mistaken for mine. and yes i did have the smashed 626 which happened about a year ago. the gas station had plenty of cameras i went thru the footage right after but theres no good angle to the side of the station only one which had a pump blocking the view

Xtrema
11-06-2008, 02:18 PM
That blows. Hope they recover your car.

FilthyMcNasty
11-06-2008, 02:23 PM
wow thats gay man, im glad calgary is getting bait cars, it may prevent situations like this.

2002civic
11-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Stealth22

Time for an upgrade? :rofl:

EDIT: Sorry, I just found that funny/ironic...hope you get your car back!!

lol thanks for the advertisment;)

dj_patm
11-06-2008, 03:54 PM
I registered and was just about to post a thread about your car! Its Pat.

I posted it on Nex too. Here's hoping that it's just a joy ride and it'll turn up today. I mean what else would they do with it?

Not worth chopping it. Or stealing to keep it. I guess the rims maybe.

Say I see someone with your rims did they give you another number besides 911 to call?

gretz
11-06-2008, 04:14 PM
it had steelies on it at the time

lauphman
11-06-2008, 04:17 PM
hey like i mentioned above the rims have been taken off a few days ago, thank god for that. so its on winter tires and steelies now. yeah even if just a joy ride they are ripping around in it doing damage to it.

if you see the car driving around its a 911 call.

Stunt66
11-06-2008, 06:22 PM
What were you thinking? it's bad enough to leave a car running but to leave it running with no theft coverage deserves another face palm:facepalm:

Super_Geo
11-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Yeah... haha when I was in Romania this summer people turn off their cars at red lights to save gas (cause it's so expensive relative to what they make).

I don't understand leaving the car running while you're 'just running in,' I didn't even do that when I owned a P.O.S. Geo Metro back in the day... is it really that convenient not having to start it again?

Rocky
11-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Stunt66
What were you thinking? it's bad enough to leave a car running but to leave it running with no theft coverage deserves another face palm:facepalm:
Honestly, helpful post :rolleyes: I've said it before in almost identical threads, although you should take steps to prevent risk, you shouldn't have to expect someone to steal your car in the 2 minutes you go inside to buy something. I don't know people have to try to be smart asses when somebody just lost their car to some fucking scumbag.

Anyway OP hope you find it.

SilVFan
11-06-2008, 07:14 PM
It is probably on its way to Vancouver via enclosed transport. Now weather that is by train or truck, I cannot say. Once it gets to Vancouver to will be loaded on a boat and shipped to another country, of which I also, cannot say. Good luck with the search though and turn the car off next time.

lauphman
11-06-2008, 07:19 PM
when does that happened with stolen cars from Calgary? don't they usually get dumped in alleyways after the joy riding is done or bigger crime committed? or taken apart for parts?

anyways i also got a new cellphone so if seen also you can call me (403) 608 6644

Redlyne_jr
11-06-2008, 07:31 PM
fuck shitty man ill keep my eyes peeled

schocker
11-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Kind of predictable, but I will keep an eye out.
I am guessing that people should just be on the look out for a bmw driven properly and with a driver that is very unsure on how to adjust to being a douche, no?:dunno:

Casa
11-07-2008, 10:07 AM
awe man i'm sorry to hear about this theft
i don't know why other members are beating up on you, everyone makes mistakes. I hope it gets recovered. Man i'm glad I left Calgary sometimes.

phil98z24
11-08-2008, 11:00 AM
when does that happened with stolen cars from Calgary? don't they usually get dumped in alleyways after the joy riding is done or bigger crime committed? or taken apart for parts?

anyways i also got a new cellphone so if seen also you can call me (403) 608 6644

They usually get dumped in the downtown core or somewhere around there, but not until the crackhead losers and various idiots that are riding around in the car have destroyed the interior by burning holes in it, leaving ashes everywhere, and filthing it up with crackpipes and other drug paraphernalia.

If not that, they are often used in B & Es, robberies, and rolljobs, and then dumped in usually the same condition they were taken in... sometimes even with a few handy additions to your toolkit in the back seat, such as screwdrivers and prybars!

Or if you are really lucky, it was some kid who hopped in and took it around for a long joyride with all his buddies who think it's fun to ride around in a stolen car - and it will be dumped close to where it was stolen, but it likely won't drive the same as it did when you had it.

Sorry if that sounds like a rather negative response, but out of all the vehicles that I've recovered I think I've seen 2 that were in reasonably good condition. I would rather give you an honest answer to your question than sugarcoat it... so now you know!

m10-power
11-08-2008, 11:11 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw this car rip around a corner east bound at ~20th Ave and 4 street SW, just north of mission area yesterday. Definately the same colour combo, driven by a sketchy looking white dude. Perhaps have a drive down a few of those aves and see if you can find it. Might not have been your car, but it's worth the trip just to see.

lauphman
11-08-2008, 12:35 PM
yeah im hoping it gets dumped somewhere in a driveable condition and not in pieces so i have something to drive to and from work. why usually downtown core?
ive been driving around the communities in the deep south hoping it was dumped in a alley way. checked parks, shopping centers and what not.
ill go downtown today to look around also any more ideas? i heard from someone the Indian reserve?

garyb
11-08-2008, 12:42 PM
yeah i honestly wouldn't worry about it getting stripped/shipped to another country. :nut: my integra was stolen with all the goodies, wheels, front end, leather, bolt ones ect. would have been easy to part and make a few bucks. it was just joyriden down crowechild then dumped in a cul-de-sac. just missing my oaks. good luck hopefully you find it. i didn't have theft either :(

phil98z24
11-08-2008, 05:43 PM
yeah im hoping it gets dumped somewhere in a driveable condition and not in pieces so i have something to drive to and from work. why usually downtown core?
ive been driving around the communities in the deep south hoping it was dumped in a alley way. checked parks, shopping centers and what not.
ill go downtown today to look around also any more ideas? i heard from someone the Indian reserve?

Why the downtown core? Because it's where all the shitbags and miscreants come to conduct business, and seems to be the place for them to have fun trying to get us to pursue them, that kind of thing.

Hopefully it isn't the case with yours, and some kid is just out riding it a little hard and is found in usable condition.

lauphman
11-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Hey I just received a call from a police officer saying they found my registration slip and a bill of sale for my car in the amount of 10 dollars in another stolen car. Then my phoned died... Waiting to see if he calls back

lauphman
11-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Seriously why would he take all that time and effort in making a bill of sale for a stolen car.if he was getting rid of it it would be for cash drugs or alcochol. My theory is he forged my signature and now will try to have it in his name??? Any other ideas?? I can't wait for him to go into a registry office.

Wehbeast
11-10-2008, 06:56 PM
aha wtf? $10?

lauphman
11-11-2008, 11:39 PM
update: police called my house earlier today they have recovered the car and towed it to the impound lot. i will be picking it up tomorrow. no word if they caught the thief.

lauphman
11-14-2008, 07:10 PM
well i picked up the car from the impound lot as soon as i leave the lot the engine overheats..... Go open the hood and the radiator has a leak... there was a cigarette burn in the back seat, and there was garbage piled up to the roof which included stolen purses, a stack of credit cards, and clothes. empty liquor bottles. heroin needles cigarette butts everywhere and pills all over the floor. dent in the passenger side back door and a big one in the trunk.
i got it home took out the seats, radiator, installed a new radiator, drive belts, rented carpet shampoo machine and went at it. looks really good on the inside but the outside needs work :(
i bagged up everything in my car and the police came by to pick it up found some interesting stuff, like a receipt for the liquor they purchased with date and time so they are on camera purchasing it.