PDA

View Full Version : Looking for weeknight or weekend work in IT

Vagabond142
11-06-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm already searching on my own, but seeing as there is a wide diversity of people on Beyond, I thought that putting a feeler out here for potential part time jobs would be a smart move.

As such, I just wanted to see if there is anyone needed a weekend temp, weeknight temp, part time weekend-only, etc, worker. Would prefer $13-$16/hr, will be writing my CompTIA Essentials and 220-602 A+ Technician exam in about 4-6 weeks, and as such would prefer work relating to IT and such.

Anyways, just a feeler, please reply here or PM if you have any positions :D

GQBalla
11-06-2008, 03:52 PM
with A+ ?

future shop, best buy, london drugs

that type of work is what you can expect if thats ALL you want.

but you can always apply at other companies for desktop support.

adam c
11-06-2008, 04:00 PM
do you have any experience other than school?

Vagabond142
11-06-2008, 06:56 PM
I think there is a misconception here... I am looking for a job while I'm still AT school, ie classes during the day, work in evening, or classes during week, work over the weekend.

As to experience other than SAIT, I did a summer of cable pulling, terminating, testing, and rack installation. I've also done a few weeks of IT moves at EnCana. Ummm... apart from that, I'm still working on building up my industry experience portfolio, hence this looking for more work :D

Also, I am available to work through the winter break, if people need a 3 week temp while everyone takes their winter vacations.

topmade
11-06-2008, 07:02 PM
^^You have very limited experience. Cabing and moving PC's isn't much for experience. Like stated above try future shop, BestBuy, London Drugs, Staples, etc.... or if you are lucky, try Memory Express. Bigger companies don't hire part time weekend/evening IT staff. Even if they hire temp positions, they are full time.

GQBalla
11-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Ah I see, well not really any part time positions I know of. But you can try applyin at places like that or possibly even memory express. They like people with A+ cause they deal with hardware obviously.

Vagabond142
11-06-2008, 07:05 PM
yeah, I just poked my head on here, as stated, to see if there were any oddjobs that needed a part timer. Still got my head poking in other directions, but I will definitely see if I can score some part time work at some of those retail places (Best Buy, etc). Even a few weeks of being a benchie exposes ya to common customer/client problems :D