PDA

View Full Version : Vietnamese Coffee

chengj
11-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Does anyone happen to know where you can buy Vietnamese coffee (actual beans) in Calgary?

n1zm0
11-06-2008, 02:12 PM
i've seen em in my parent's pantry in a bag, but i'll go out and guess T&T? the last time i had viet coffee me and my brother decided to try our parent's slow drip, ohh man were we cracked on caffeine for half the day, strong shit that ca phe sua da, the only way i can handle that shit now is with milk and ice.

chengj
11-06-2008, 02:37 PM
The T&T on 36th didn't have it. I'll have to check the north store.

Or do your parents mind if I raid their pantry? :)

GQBalla
11-06-2008, 02:52 PM
slow drip with condensed milk and ice ftw

if its concentrated like my dad drinks it than WOW strong but good

chengj
11-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Yeah, my co-worker had a bag actually from Vietnam, and now I might be addicted. :)

hampstor
11-06-2008, 03:50 PM
nha trang market over on 28th street / memorial has it. You can buy it packaged (I believe the brand is Trung Nguyen) or they have it bulk as well. The Trung Nguyen brand ones MIGHT already have been ground down, so just double check before you buy it.

It's a lil whole in the wall place. :)

adam c
11-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by hampstor
nha trang market over on 28th street / memorial has it. You can buy it packaged (I believe the brand is Trung Nguyen) or they have it bulk as well. The Trung Nguyen brand ones MIGHT already have been ground down, so just double check before you buy it.

i got such weird looks going into that shop

hampstor
11-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by adam c

i got such weird looks going into that shop

haha yeah, it's a lil store that most people dont even know about if they're not vietnamese. I've never seen anyone non vietnamese in there other than my wife.

USHER
11-06-2008, 05:21 PM
hiep hoa on 17th ave se.

van
11-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Lucky's, T&T, Hiep Hoa, Nha Trang, anywhere... the can is red/white/green I think.. can't remember anymore haha.

momofan
11-06-2008, 05:55 PM
My wife bought me the brewer that sits ontop of the glass for my birthday...and it's my favourite present ever. I was buying like 3 of them a day at one point. I love it.

van
11-06-2008, 05:58 PM
If you're ever down in the states should pick up some of Lee's Sandwich special blend coffee. It's pretty tastey and addictive hahaha.

Drunkn_masta
11-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by momofan
My wife bought me the brewer that sits ontop of the glass for my birthday...and it's my favourite present ever. I was buying like 3 of them a day at one point. I love it.

yea i have one of those. Takes forever to make one cup of coffee, but it's so good.

Stunt66
11-06-2008, 06:08 PM
You can just use a good espresso bean or you can get the red, white and green can one from superstore, i think the name is megaldi or something like that. If you ever need a fix and are by a starbucks try their double shot on ice its not on their menu anymore but they will still make it for you, it tastes like a ca phe sua da.

n1zm0
11-06-2008, 06:15 PM
^no it's special from the rest, maybe its the agent orange the yankees accidentally 'dropped' during the war.. no bad joke j/k

(I believe the brand is Trung Nguyen)

that was it, the king crack of coffee

momofan
11-06-2008, 09:49 PM

Yup that is the brand. I remembered I had some in the pantry. I bought the package....so good I am going to have one.

IN a pinch I will use Ionia Sicilian Espresso Coffee.

dj_rice
11-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Speaking of condensed milk, that would sure taste good on some bread :thumbsup: Nammer style

GiangZilla
11-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Just go to any supermarket and get french dark roast. I personally think its just as good, if not better.

TYMSMNY
11-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by GiangZilla
Just go to any supermarket and get french dark roast. I personally think its just as good, if not better.

Tried it and it works. That plus condensed milk = :drool:

GQBalla
11-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Speaking of condensed milk, that would sure taste good on some bread :thumbsup: Nammer style

condensed milk and peanut butter sandwich FTMFW

C4S
11-07-2008, 03:22 PM
You know what .. just put dome condensed milk into regular instant coffee .. (make it strong)

It will taste almost the same.

I have couple bags of viet coffer (from Vietnam) and couple bags of coffee from panama .. with condensed milk ... they taste almost the same! :thumbsup: