PDA

View Full Version : Who saw the semi accident on HWY #2 last night?



Gripenfelter
09-22-2003, 11:34 AM
There was a burning semi on Hwy #2 before Edmonton last night at 9pm.

I heard some guys talking about Beyond.ca on the 2 way radios.

Something about a pink honda and a black integra.

Superesc
09-22-2003, 11:38 AM
yea a whole bunch of us was cruising back to calgary when we had to stop for it.. some of us got some pics of it. The fire was pretty big that's for sure!

roopi
09-22-2003, 11:44 AM
Lets see the pics then!

rage2
09-22-2003, 11:44 AM
we were about 1/8 mile from the accident. The flames were intense. We stayed there to watch the whole thing... the semi was burnt to a crisp. Hardly recognizable.

Here's the news blurb I found on it :

Semi Crashes Tie Up Highway 2
Sep 22 - 7:51:00AM
Two major crashes on Highway 2 near Ponoka last night - both involving semis.
In the first one, two semis collided, and one burst into flames.
In the second, two pick-ups and a semi collided in a chain-reaction accident. Mounties say alcohol was a factor in the crash, and charges have been laid against one of the pick-up truck drivers.
Amazingly, there were no serious injuries in either crash.

xkon
09-22-2003, 12:13 PM
i was going from macleod s to anderson w last night and noticed skidmarks on the barrier and a crodd put up behind it... it looks pretty recent, anyone know what happened there???

ryder_23
09-22-2003, 12:25 PM
Yes, check past post/newspaper.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23955

Girlie_racer
09-22-2003, 12:45 PM
Hey so that was you on the other end of the radio???




Originally posted by Gripenfelter
There was a burning semi on Hwy #2 before Edmonton last night at 9pm.

I heard some guys talkingabout Beyond.ca on the 2 way radios.

Something about a pink honda and a black integra.

ls/vtec-crx
09-22-2003, 01:04 PM
It was probably us on the 2way. There was about six of us with 2ways. That accident was crazy. Some Fucking idiot in a Saab thought he was cool by driving in the center ditch to get to the front.

09-22-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Girlie_racer
Hey so that was you on the other end of the radio???




were you on channel 1? taht was all the speedtech guys and me the only impressions guys!
Sho&Go

xkon
09-22-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
Yes, check past post/newspaper.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23955

thanks!

Girlie_racer
09-22-2003, 01:19 PM
Nope i was on chanel 5 i was right up front with the beyond crew

ls/vtec-crx
09-22-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Girlie_racer
Nope i was on chanel 5 i was right up front with the beyond crew

What time did you get into town?

09-22-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by ls/vtec-crx


What time did you get into town?
dumbass i was infront of you remember!

rage2
09-22-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by ls/vtec-crx
What time did you get into town?
About 10:15.

KtwentyA2
09-22-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Girlie_racer
Nope i was on chanel 5 i was right up front with the beyond crew

Bobo in his bimmer was on channel 5 with me.... I heard u 2 talking from Gasoline Alley to Calgary.

ls/vtec-crx
09-22-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by rage2

About 10:15.

We were about 15minutes behind then. We were cruising the whole way after the accident. We were averaging about 150-160kms.

4G63Power
09-22-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by ls/vtec-crx
Some Fucking idiot in a Saab thought he was cool by driving in the center ditch to get to the front.

I still can't believe someone let him in...that guy was a tool :banghead:

kenny
09-22-2003, 04:20 PM
Anyone see the VW that was stuck in the ditch trying to get back onto the road? Tires spinning like crazy haha. I think it eventually made it back onto the road.

88CRX
09-22-2003, 04:22 PM
mwahaha.... aRe_S_eX found a short cut :dunno: or was it actually longer? :D dam u guys should have slowed down... the rex can only do 175 :banghead: :D i though u guys lost us off in the boonies somewhere?

88CRX
09-22-2003, 04:24 PM
kenny was that u in the white slk?


that thing pulls like crazy at 180 :eek:

Melinda
09-22-2003, 05:01 PM
Apparently we missed this accident by less then 5 mins according to buh_buh...we were only about 15 mins ahead of you guys and we didnt see anything

kenny
09-22-2003, 05:02 PM
Did you drive by a semi trailer hauling a lot of concrete blocks? :)

Dirty_SOHC
09-22-2003, 05:56 PM
I cant remember it was pretty dark out.

Melinda
09-22-2003, 06:55 PM
Yeah I was focusing on my laptop most of the ride home so I definately wouldnt have seen it...pretty scary thought though

Gripenfelter
09-22-2003, 07:38 PM
I was on #5 as well. I was the one that asked if they were letting people by.

I was going north.

Someone please post some pics.

LancerShelby
09-22-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by ls/vtec-crx


We were about 15minutes behind then. We were cruising the whole way after the accident. We were averaging about 150-160kms.
And I get ribbed for street racing:dunno: :thumbsup: .........:thumbsdow

88CRX
09-22-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by LancerShelby

And I get ribbed for street racing:dunno: :thumbsup: .........:thumbsdow

street racing down a residential road is different then cruising on the highway

eur0
09-22-2003, 09:29 PM
that thing smelt pretty bad, couldnt keep up with you punks after i realized i was running on empty and got lost on some backroads, fun stuff :thumbsdow

eur0
09-22-2003, 09:33 PM
anyone post up any pics?

88CRX
09-22-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by tbk49
that thing smelt pretty bad, couldnt keep up with you punks after i realized i was running on empty and got lost on some backroads, fun stuff :thumbsdow

i didnt know u went shit! i still a haven't seen you car.

anyways did u go out to sylvan lake area and then around too?

eur0
09-22-2003, 09:43 PM
nope just waited it out, we were only there for like 30 mins then wasted all my gas trying to overtake buhbuh

Superesc
09-22-2003, 09:44 PM
yea you EF guys are crazy... I only took mine to 120 and didn't push it any further!

88CRX
09-22-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by tbk49
nope just waited it out, we were only there for like 30 mins then wasted all my gas trying to overtake buhbuh

buhbuh had the blue lude right? we were flying with him for a while.... hmm strange i didnt see you... or did i pass u somewhere?

88CRX
09-22-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Superesc
yea you EF guys are crazy... I only took mine to 120 and didn't push it any further!

bah..... i was just woried about the tires not holding up

KtwentyA2
09-22-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
mwahaha.... aRe_S_eX found a short cut :dunno: or was it actually longer? :D dam u guys should have slowed down... the rex can only do 175 :banghead: :D i though u guys lost us off in the boonies somewhere?

Couldn't have been that long of a short cut! Was a fun drive though... :clap:

We did catch up to most of them in the end, did we not?:devil:

88CRX
09-22-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by aRe_S_eX


Couldn't have been that long of a short cut! Was a fun drive though... :clap:

We did catch up to most of them in the end, did we not?:devil:

ya... but seriously i was shitin' after we got stuck behind that tanker truck and you guys left us.... and we couldnt catch up.

and yes it was a fun drive :D

Superesc
09-22-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by aRe_S_eX


Couldn't have been that long of a short cut! Was a fun drive though... :clap:

We did catch up to most of them in the end, did we not?:devil:

were you the one going down country hill blvd? was driving beside one for a while.

KtwentyA2
09-22-2003, 09:58 PM
I was driving along Country Hills Blvd all the way down to Beddington...

Blue RSX with tinted windows... if so, that's me!

eur0
09-22-2003, 10:04 PM
two rsx's flew by us by airdrie, blue one and a silver with aluminum wing...haha couldnt keep up, calvin you seemed to be following me pretty good

Superesc
09-22-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by aRe_S_eX
I was driving along Country Hills Blvd all the way down to Beddington...

Blue RSX with tinted windows... if so, that's me!

ah yes that was you then hehe

kenny
09-22-2003, 10:07 PM
Who had the RSX with the crazy bright headlights and foglights! haha I was getting blinded. Lucky for the auto dimming mirrors, but it was still so bright! :)

Fun drive, I guess alot of people were rushing to get home since almost EVERYONE on the highway was cruising at speeds in the 130 - 140km/h range. If you drove 100km/h you would've been passed by minivans, semis, rvs, you name it.

kenny
09-22-2003, 10:08 PM
Accident Picture #1 - Sorry the rumble strips made my car kinda shaky when taking this picture hehe.

kenny
09-22-2003, 10:08 PM
#2

88CRX
09-22-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by tbk49
two rsx's flew by us by airdrie, blue one and a silver with aluminum wing...haha couldnt keep up, calvin you seemed to be following me pretty good

i must have flew by ya too cause i was with them :dunno:

they were bookin it... 180+ :nut:

KtwentyA2
09-22-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Who had the RSX with the crazy bright headlights and foglights! haha I was getting blinded. Lucky for the auto dimming mirrors, but it was still so bright! :)

Fun drive, I guess alot of people were rushing to get home since almost EVERYONE on the highway was cruising at speeds in the 130 - 140km/h range. If you drove 100km/h you would've been passed by minivans, semis, rvs, you name it.

My bad... its dem CATZ bulbs, both in the headlight and foglight.

Superesc, were you the one who turned off at Harvest Hills Road (or something like that) to go south (away from the silvercity)? Didn't get a good look at your car, was getting tired and just wanted to get home.

Superesc
09-22-2003, 10:31 PM
nope turned south at 14th st. was in a black integra :)

KtwentyA2
09-22-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Superesc
nope turned south at 14th st. was in a black integra :)

Ahh, now I remember driving by you along country hills...

Madspinner
09-22-2003, 11:05 PM
Yeah I must have missed the accident too. yeah I was behind the beyond crew till you guys turned off at Leduc. I was hoping for a nice cruise home with you guys .

Idratherbsidewayz
09-22-2003, 11:10 PM
Some chump was talking about some silent rage cars exploding on channel 5. He blamed it on NOS. Who the hell was that, we were afraid cops would pull over every modded car and give them a talk. We were in the jeep with dubs if anyone saw us.

kenny
09-23-2003, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Madspinner
Yeah I must have missed the accident too. yeah I was behind the beyond crew till you guys turned off at Leduc. I was hoping for a nice cruise home with you guys .

Should have joined us in Leduc, beyond.ca treated everyone to mcdonalds! :) super value meals for everyone hahah :thumbsup:

KtwentyA2
09-23-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Firefly/wRims
we were afraid cops would pull over every modded car and give them a talk. We were in the jeep with dubs if anyone saw us.

And you think they would've bothered pulling over a jeep with dubs?

09-23-2003, 08:13 AM
jeep with dubs.. hehe, stupid american trucks all come with dubs

Superesc
09-23-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by kenny


Should have joined us in Leduc, beyond.ca treated everyone to mcdonalds! :) super value meals for everyone hahah :thumbsup:

56 bucks for 9 people, that was pretty impressive :D

Madspinner
09-23-2003, 09:53 AM
Damn I should have followed you guys . I was thinking about it.

EK 2.0
09-23-2003, 10:32 AM
I saw that jeep on my way up...you were with the IS 300 and a DSM and a a couple of hondas right??...I was the white Talon TSi...

KtwentyA2
09-23-2003, 04:14 PM
I saw you guys too... and I think I heard you guys making fun of my friend in the silver rsx, regarding the satellite dish on his trunk!

It's all good, that was before he met the dc5ab guys, now we're trying to right him and get him away from his rice days...

ScCab
09-23-2003, 04:19 PM
man I think we need some 2 way radios. none of us beyond guys had any

LancerShelby
09-23-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX


street racing down a residential road is different then cruising on the highway Oh, Mac Trail is residential now? And 150-180km/h is cruising? Maybe for a plane. I must be puttin' along at 120, hope I don't get in your way next time.

silverEL
09-23-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by aRe_S_eX
I saw you guys too... and I think I heard you guys making fun of my friend in the silver rsx, regarding the satellite dish on his trunk!

It's all good, that was before he met the dc5ab guys, now we're trying to right him and get him away from his rice days...

ya that was the jeep on dubbs, and ya syclone dude, we saw u.

some chump tried to race us in a 80's blazer and he was like
" shes got a 350 with nos, she fucks shit up"
we all laughed at him, and said that the dubbs, were worth more than his whole truck.............

Idratherbsidewayz
09-23-2003, 10:16 PM
That wing was something else. Your car looked clean though.

Girlie_racer
09-23-2003, 11:31 PM
I had a spare one in my trunk... my bad oh well next time


Originally posted by ScCab
man I think we need some 2 way radios. none of us beyond guys had any

1Avatar
09-24-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
I saw that jeep on my way up...you were with the IS 300 and a DSM and a a couple of hondas right??...I was the white Talon TSi...

Yep that was me in the IS300 - we kept trying to get a photo of your talon - very clean :thumbsup:

The honda with the flower power graphics lost it's exhaust to roadkill earlier in the trip :)

jayvtec
09-24-2003, 08:04 AM
Anyone see the VW that was stuck in the ditch trying to get back onto the road? Tires spinning like crazy haha. I think it eventually made it back onto the road.

hahaha, and trish wanted us to take the ditch like em so we can catch up to you guys...hahaha.

we took the back road to sylvan lake...goin at 180.

definitely had fun cruising wit u guys....but the wing definitely has to come off...rattling the entire time...come next week i'll have a totally different car...:D

jayvtec
09-24-2003, 08:07 AM
I had a spare one in my trunk... my bad oh well next time


coulda used one...oh well, cell phone works too...hehehe....just a pain in the ass to dial the numbers.

that amg and 'lude...oh my god...they pull so effortless. and everytime i'm beside the 'lude all i keep hearing was the blowoff valve...nice car.

EK 2.0
09-24-2003, 08:40 AM
Thanks man...I was trying to keep it a racer as possible...I mean there are a couple of stickers on it...but they are more meant to show what parts are kicking your ass...and I must say that IS was very quick...never run with one before...

1Avatar
09-24-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
Thanks man...I was trying to keep it a racer as possible...I mean there are a couple of stickers on it...but they are more meant to show what parts are kicking your ass...and I must say that IS was very quick...never run with one before...

Thanks dude - my car needs a diet though - I was probably pushing 3900lbs with the 2 passengers I had in the car. I need like some whacked out Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers program and then I can actually have more fun with it than just a highway cruiser.

silverEL
09-24-2003, 03:08 PM
hahaha
good on francis

excuses excuses

1Avatar
09-24-2003, 03:11 PM
:thumbsup: I'm proud that my car actually went that fast considering I had big lip in there :)

kenny
09-24-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by 1Avatar


Thanks dude - my car needs a diet though - I was probably pushing 3900lbs with the 2 passengers I had in the car. I need like some whacked out Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers program and then I can actually have more fun with it than just a highway cruiser.

How much does an IS weigh without passengers on a truck scale? Wow.. didnt think they were that heavy!

1Avatar
09-24-2003, 03:20 PM
3255lbs according to the owners manual

Me thinks it needs some carbon fiber or rip out all that extra sound deadening :( They're heavy little buggers - that's why I need boost :D

rage2
09-24-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by 1Avatar
3255lbs according to the owners manual

Me thinks it needs some carbon fiber or rip out all that extra sound deadening :( They're heavy little buggers - that's why I need boost :D
That's pretty light for a M3 sized car (M3's are in the 3500 range). The SLK's are 3240 I believe.

Boost would make that car pretty killer... so when's it happening?

1Avatar
09-24-2003, 03:29 PM
Soon :D I've got it on order and non-priority shipping says that the kit'll arrive around mid october-ish (10th-ish) so hopefully I get a week or two out of the car before winter rolls around.

I've gotta get my rims in though cause my brakes have been sittin around for over a month now :(

PS - Sorry to hear about your AMG - hopefully that gets sorted out and everything is ok. Hope your wife wasn't shaken too bad.

EK 2.0
09-24-2003, 08:54 PM
Yeah the talon pushes 3200...and with me and Will (my passenger) and the MDF and Fiberglass and Bondo for the stereo set-up i am at around 3900 as well...But nonetheless I was very impressed as was my passenger...

88CRX
09-24-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
Yeah the talon pushes 3200...and with me and Will (my passenger) and the MDF and Fiberglass and Bondo for the stereo set-up i am at around 3900 as well...But nonetheless I was very impressed as was my passenger...

i wasnt really surprised that i could keep up.... but you rsx guys were :D muhaha.....

is the wing gone now jay?

jayvtec
09-25-2003, 08:06 AM
wing not coming off...i need the reception on that sat. dish...hahaha