PDA

View Full Version : opinions of "Good life fitness" on Canyon meadows & Lake Fraser?

Graham_A_M
11-09-2008, 12:19 AM
Hey guys, the electrical tape style of repairs at the Fit zone, right off of 114th ave SE are really getting to me...I'm seriously thinking of switching gyms... as the maintenence of the faciility at Fitzone is beyond horrendous to say the least. :nut:

So I was just wondering of your guys' opinions for Good life Fitness, over by Canyon Meadows toyota. Any experience with them? what do you guys think?

thanks for taking the time to read this, and post whatever relevant responses you guys' might have. :)

92teg1
11-09-2008, 12:21 AM
good life canyon meadows were shady when they first opened up. management and trainers were sketchy. this was a few years ago.

one of the trainers there named evan is a gigantic douche.

403Gemini
11-10-2008, 11:59 AM
I go there. Been sick for the last week so waiting for the flu to be 100% outta my system before i go back, but It's a pretty nice gym. Gets pretty busy between 5-8 pm so i usually go around 9:30 and its almost empty.

core_upt
11-10-2008, 01:17 PM
used to go there when I lived down south - great gym!
as stated, it is super busy between 5 and 8, but you can still make it through your workout if you plan carefully.

there are a couple douches there, but it'll happen everywhere.

changerooms are clean. showers are totally private. parking is good. front staff were nice.

Wildcat
11-10-2008, 02:03 PM
I train there in the evenings, best gym in the area. YMCA is packed and full of kids and the WHC in Midnopore is a dive. Gold's in Mckenzie town is alright but not near as much equipment, and theres also another Goodlife there as well which I havent visited yet.

Masked Bandit
11-12-2008, 03:11 PM
I don't know about Good Life but if maintenance is becoming an issue at FitZone, it sounds to me like they are running out of money. I've noticed that in a few gyms I've been a member of over the years. When the maintenance starts slipping, the locked doors aren't far behind.

civic_rida
11-12-2008, 03:48 PM
hope not i just signed up there lol

Wildcat
11-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Where is this Fitzone? Can't say I've heard anything positive about the place either.

civic_rida
11-12-2008, 05:56 PM
its by douglas dale and deerfoot.

Ya the equipment is shady but it has everything you need except space. I use to train at flc but im not going to pay 200 dollars a year more to go there.

kerry
11-13-2008, 01:06 AM
I have a few friends that workout there. They like it. And they're all attractive females hahaha. YOUNG attractive females. Get the hint?

mdeluxe
11-13-2008, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by 92teg1
good life canyon meadows were shady when they first opened up. management and trainers were sketchy. this was a few years ago.

one of the trainers there named evan is a gigantic douche.

haha +1

mdeluxe
11-13-2008, 08:47 AM
I go to goodlife Canyon Meadows, its a pretty good gym, good looking ladies, good equipment... never any problems there

theres a few young douches that think they are big, but they usually go later on

Anton
11-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Sorry to highjack the thread but it's not a question that I think deserves a different thread. Is there another 24 hour gym deep south besides Golds in Mackenzie Towne?

Wildcat
11-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Is Golds Mckenzie 24hrs? Theres not much for 24hr gyms in the city let alone the south. Let me know if you find one.

Anton
11-14-2008, 12:09 PM
I was at the Golds on Tuesday to try to get a tour and sign up for a membership but the reps weren't in. I just moved South so I need to find a gym, however, my schedule doesn't really fit the 11pm close that most have.

They are 24 hours from Monday at, I think, 5am until Friday at 11pm.

kerry
11-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Golds sucks. Don't workout there. They attract the douchiest crowd. You'll regret it.