PDA

View Full Version : Spotted...Racing....

5000Audi
11-09-2008, 07:37 AM
I was heading to my sisters with my kid down Anderson comming up to the first set of lights after getting off deerfoot and i see some lights comming up from behind REAL fast...im in the center lane and i was slowing down for reason that the caution lights we blinking indicating the light was going to change... so they go flying by me at my guess 130-140 clicks... they were going way to fast for me to even get their plates...

So one of the cars was a Tanish Nissan silvia and the other was a blacked out 89ish honda civic hatch with a loud fart cannon and steelies...i was hoping to catch them at the next light but they were no where to be found... hope they get caught doing that kind of speed next time... WAY to fast for in city driving...

sxtothe240
11-09-2008, 07:46 AM
So all you saw was 2 import cars running a yellow.

pinoyhero
11-09-2008, 07:52 AM
^ + going 130 to 140 ... ? Seems like an issue to me

sxtothe240
11-09-2008, 07:56 AM
maybe friends wanted to run a yellow?
It's a little excessive but it does not mean there was racing involved.

dr_jared88
11-09-2008, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by sxtothe240

oh if thats the case its ok to fly down the street :facepalm:

sxtothe240
11-09-2008, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by dr_jared88

oh if thats the case its ok to fly down the street :facepalm:

Im sure you havent gone speeding down a street before :rolleyes:

dr_jared88
11-09-2008, 08:26 AM

I've done some extremely stupid shit in my day but street racing to that excess has never been one of them. If you're going to do shit like that, take it out of town. Not down Anderson.

Pollywog
11-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Im getting the impression that sxtothe240 is of similar fag-type to the two individuals the OP is discussing.

5000Audi
11-09-2008, 08:45 AM

well i would assume when two " ricers" driving at a fast rate of speed comming down a road thats 80 when going 130-140...hmm they wernt just going to run the yellow.. they we clearly racing... so thats such a dumb thing for you to say... cuz you know all us calgarians drive side by side in civic's and teg's going 60 over the speed limit all the time to run a light....:facepalm:

Mr_ET
11-09-2008, 08:54 AM

Any chance you drive a : Tanish Nissan silvia?

sr20s14zenki
11-09-2008, 09:10 AM
^no, he has a black s13 hatchback 240sx.

sxtothe240
11-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Pollywog
Im getting the impression that sxtothe240 is of similar fag-type to the two individuals the OP is discussing.

Props to you and your silly assumptions and fag-like attack on me just so you can raise your e-cred. *clap clap*

I never said racing should be condoned on the street. I see excessive speeding on macleod/anderson/deerfoot almost on a daily basis. Hell i went to a "beyond - cruise" one day just to check out some cars before everyone left. As soon as the first car left the parking lot, everyone was screeching their tires and peeling out, speeding like mad, taking corners like F1 prostars. But you dont see people making a thread on it.

5000Audi
11-09-2008, 09:27 AM
^ well when i have a 2 year old kid in my car and a wife thats 3 months preggy i would think its bad when people doing that speed...if i was rear ended god only know what could have happend to my family...if anyone of them were hurt i would have went ape shit on the driver of the car...make sure he went to the hospital with injuries....my family is the most important thing in my life and when stupid people like that do stupid shit like that really grinds my gears.. so if you are one of these people racing down the street and i happen to be alone in my car...i might just happen so switch lanes while your comming up at 140 kph...even if it gets to be my fault i dont care as long as you learn your lesson!!and get labled a street racer in the media and on the site!!!...

RACING IS MADE TO HAPPEN AT A TRACK>>> NO TRACK THEN DONT RACE.... if you feel the need to hear your car redline and Vtec kicking in...start your car and do it in your garage/ drive way not where innocent people are....

sxtothe240
11-09-2008, 09:36 AM
And I do hope you and your family don't get into an accident, as for everyone else.

No I do not street race nor speed excessively on city roads. I was just saying how I see these things happen on a daily basis and it doesn't bother me. Of course one has a different opinion/take on such a sensitive subject. Ie/ the skyline-maxima macleod incident was just dumb.

And I love how I just simply threw up a secondary reasoning for the speeding, and beyond jumps on this like pedobear on halloween.

TeamBestBud
11-09-2008, 09:55 AM
Too Good.

Kona9
11-09-2008, 09:59 AM
DON'T PUT SPOTTED IN YOUR THREAD TITLE IF YOU DON'T HAVE PICS.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE. READ THE RULES.

Kennyredline
11-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Pollywog
X2...Dude, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck...etc, etc....

5000Audi
11-09-2008, 10:13 AM
sorry Boss,i changed it to Seen... since spotted requires pictures...

:dunno: :dunno:

eglove
11-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Hey yo! I walk down the block
Wit' my stomach in knots
Spend time hustlin' runnin' from cops.
Broke as a joke, no wins at all
Can't play ball and my Timb's are small.
Can't buy trees wit' government cheese
I rather be where it's breeze, niggas bubblin keys.
My moms got two jobs, one on her knees
And writin' letters to the governor-
Please call off the deeds!
My baby mother wit' another brother wit' cash
They drive by, roll down the window and laugh.
I solve all my problems wit' indo and hash
Bought my daughter a Nintendo
Now she callin' it dad.
My landlord's a jerk, the water don't work
My little sister twelve
And she bought her own skirt.
Rather do Kurt than do her homework
Talk blunts and boys and she'll jump fa' joy.
Shit's twisted! Opportunity knocked
But I missed it, out in the park gettin' lifted.
So now I'm sittin' here shit outta luck
Without a buck and it don't make a difference!

So yo! If you hear me
Cause if you don't I come up close
And say it clearly. I got ta' know-I got ta' go!
I strive fa' my pay each and every way
But this type of shit, it happens everyday!

EK 2.0
11-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by 5000Audi

I was heading to my sisters

is she hot?? I mean to make this a "spotted" thread...add a picture or 2 of her...

euro_racer
11-09-2008, 01:07 PM
great thread :thumbsup:

89s1
11-09-2008, 01:12 PM
LOL @ this thread and the OP's lack of testicles.

:drama:

ZorroAMG
11-09-2008, 01:16 PM
sorry Boss,i changed it to Seen... since spotted requires pictures...

:dunno: :dunno:

*gets out grammar police cuffs*

tabouli
11-09-2008, 01:25 PM
What a rare instance in time .... When you see a Civic and Silvia racing, be sure to run home and post it online. These things happen once in a lifetime if you're lucky.

I'm surprised some of you morons don't post up pictures and stories when you see a dog licking his balls.

SNAATCH
11-09-2008, 01:28 PM
I was heading to my sisters with my kid down Anderson comming up to the first set of lights after getting off deerfoot and i see some lights comming up from behind REAL fast...im in the center lane and i was slowing down for reason that the caution lights we blinking indicating the light was going to change... so they go flying by me at my guess 130-140 clicks... they were going way to fast for me to even get their plates...

So one of the cars was a Tanish Nissan silvia and the other was a blacked out 89ish honda civic hatch with a loud fart cannon and steelies...i was hoping to catch them at the next light but they were no where to be found... hope they get caught doing that kind of speed next time... WAY to fast for in city driving...

Which car won?

max_boost
11-09-2008, 01:28 PM
lol you see stuff like this all the time. i usually just move over so those guys don't crash into me.

SR240SX
11-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by tabouli
What a rare instance in time .... When you see a Civic and Silvia racing, be sure to run home and post it online. These things happen once in a lifetime if you're lucky.

I'm surprised some of you morons don't post up pictures and stories when you see a dog licking his balls.

If you had a kid, a wife with another kid on the way and yourself in a car and have these fuckers almost hit you because they are ripping up behind you at 140+ km and fly past you almost possibly causing an accident. You wont be happy and laugh about it. Who cares if he came on here and posted it. Obviously he thinks who ever it was may be on here and see this.

revelations
11-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Dont think they are connected:

Drivers are facing charges after street racing saturday morning

Two people have been charged following a spectacular crash.

Police say two vehicles were street racing just after 10:30 yesterday morning, when one driver lost control on Macleod trail.

The vehicle crossed the median and ended up southbound in the northbound lanes.

The same vehicle then entered the intersection at Macleod trail and 36th avenue, striking three other vehicles.

three people were taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

the speed racing drivers are each charged with dangerous driving causing bodily harm.

nesterFortune
11-09-2008, 01:31 PM
write a book :thumbsup: you could possibly make a fortune!

SR240SX
11-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by revelations
Dont think they are connected:

Drivers are facing charges after street racing saturday morning

Two people have been charged following a spectacular crash.

Police say two vehicles were street racing just after 10:30 yesterday morning, when one driver lost control on Macleod trail.

The vehicle crossed the median and ended up southbound in the northbound lanes.

The same vehicle then entered the intersection at Macleod trail and 36th avenue, striking three other vehicles.

three people were taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

the speed racing drivers are each charged with dangerous driving causing bodily harm.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/240877/accident-on-macleod/

5000Audi
11-10-2008, 03:04 AM
wow, you can tell what people actually care about their families and friends... maybe if ( hopefully not) somthing ever happens to your family involving street racing maybe you guys will change you opinion about this thread and say yeah that is pretty harsh...

Originally posted by max_boost
lol you see stuff like this all the time. i usually just move over so those guys don't crash into me.

like i said next time i see this shit when im alone in my car ill move right in front of one of them cars... at least it will take one pos street racer off the road...and maybe teach the other racer a lesson in seeing that happen...

5000Audi
11-10-2008, 03:07 AM

Sky
11-10-2008, 03:32 AM
^^ moving in front of them racer would not be a wise move. There will always be dumb, crazy, stupid people that you encounter in life. Can't control them all. Can't teach them all. I wouldn't sacrifice my body to teach these inconsiderate shit heads. We can only hope these racers won't cause any deaths to innocent people. If they can grow out of it, great. If not, sooner of later they will pay. Luckily most people are generally considerate and share the road nicely. Yes, you will run into these speeders once in awhile but all you can do is report them in to the cop and let them take care of it.

Best way is to be alert and drive defensively. Your ability to drive safely is the best protection for the family and others. Unless you have regeneration capabilities, then yeah go for it and teach those racers a lesson but don't get them killed....hmmm otherwise let the cops take care of them. Your time is far more important than dealing with these speeders.

chkolny541
11-10-2008, 04:22 AM
I never said racing should be condoned on the street. I see excessive speeding on macleod/anderson/deerfoot almost on a daily basis. Hell i went to a "beyond - cruise" one day just to check out some cars before everyone left. As soon as the first car left the parking lot, everyone was screeching their tires and peeling out, speeding like mad, taking corners like F1 prostars. But you dont see people making a thread on it. [/B]
X2 whenever you go to a cruise average speed is 130-140 O noes! And to be the devils advocate here it's not like Anderson is a residential area , the speed limit is 80, the road itself is perfect no potholes or anything, and also it's perfectly straight,O noes the moral police are out!

yue
11-10-2008, 04:38 AM
they were going way to fast for me to even get their plates...i was hoping to catch them at the next light but they were no where to be found...
what the hell is it with this self-righteous vigilante attitude? become a cop if it bothers you so much. at least you'll get a paycheque with your annoyance of speeders.

Pete92SL
11-10-2008, 07:40 AM
On the plus side, if the red light camera was working at the moment they went by, they will get a speeding ticket as that is the first (of many to come) Red and Green light cameras that issue fines for speeding.

They changed that one in mid Summer. (if anyone remembers the revised intersection signs with the new "green light camera" sign.)

Pete

5000Audi
11-10-2008, 07:42 AM
i hope so, that will be a big ass fine for them...

Kona9
11-10-2008, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by chkolny541

bla bla bla.... it's not like Anderson is a residential area , the speed limit is 80, the road itself is perfect no potholes or anything, and also it's perfectly straight,O noes the moral police are out!

Hey idiot! You forgot the other people that didn't sign up for driving like a douche pile that also use that road!

em2ab
11-10-2008, 10:02 AM
No I do not street race nor speed excessively on city roads. I was just saying how I see these things happen on a daily basis and it doesn't bother me. Of course one has a different opinion/take on such a sensitive subject. Ie/ the skyline-maxima macleod incident was just dumb.

Translation:
speeding/racing = okay
speeding/racing with bad outcome = not okay

sxtothe240
11-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by em2ab

Translation:
speeding/racing = okay
speeding/racing with bad outcome = not okay

Good job on learning how to read. Like I said previously, one has his own opinions on this subject. I personally don't give 2 shits about seeing people speed/race. You, on the other hand might like to run into speeders and racers just to stop them. Then post on beyond and tell everyone how you managed to save a 5 car pileup.

Wehbeast
11-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Maybe they were chill guys?

urban.one
11-10-2008, 02:05 PM
street racing in jdm is fun

http://www.streetracersonline.com/gallery/albums/userpics/17371/normal_crashed%20skyline.jpg

vipstyle2
11-10-2008, 02:07 PM
This thread is just ridiculars ... :drama:

SJC
11-10-2008, 02:24 PM
like i said next time i see this shit when im alone in my car ill move right in front of one of them cars... at least it will take one pos street racer off the road...and maybe teach the other racer a lesson in seeing that happen...

Wow, that's the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time.

Do you really think that your wife and kid will be better off without you (since you very well could perish in the accident), just so you could prove a point?

On top of this, there is no way of knowing the exact result of doing something like this, and it very well could send one of your cars into oncoming traffic, causing another accident and possibly injuring an innocent person, again just because you feel a vigilante urge.

I'd hate to imagine that the one day you pull out in front of a speeding car to prove a point it actually turns out to be someone driving their wife to hospital for labor...

Eleanor
11-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by urban.one
http://www.streetracersonline.com/gallery/albums/userpics/17371/normal_crashed%20skyline.jpg
Since when did a Skyline become an exotic?

TorqueDog
11-10-2008, 03:11 PM
like i said next time i see this shit when im alone in my car ill move right in front of one of them cars... at least it will take one pos street racer off the road...and maybe teach the other racer a lesson in seeing that happen... You're an idiot. Would you jump in front of a bullet just to inconvenience the shooter? :rolleyes:

Idratherbsidewayz
11-10-2008, 03:19 PM
I really don't see the issue here. Anybody that has actually been on this part of Anderson will know it's not a particularly dangerous spot. These kids probably didn't slow down from going 130 on Deerfoot. The road there is more than capable of handling this speed. At 130km/h in dry conditions, how is someone going to rear end you?

Next time, stick to the right lane. If they passed you on the left it wouldn't have seemed as bad but you were driving improperly in the middle.

shin0bi
11-11-2008, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Wehbeast
Maybe they were chill guys?

Yeah, I know them both, and they were chill guys. I don't know why everyone's giving them such a hard time!!

/end sarcasm.

Street racing = :banghead: :guns: :banghead: :facepalm:

RedGallardo
11-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Pete92SL
On the plus side, if the red light camera was working at the moment they went by, they will get a speeding ticket as that is the first (of many to come) Red and Green light cameras that issue fines for speeding.

They changed that one in mid Summer. (if anyone remembers the revised intersection signs with the new "green light camera" sign.)

Pete

I didn't think unmanned photo radar was coming in until at least spring 2009...

jsn
11-22-2008, 10:05 PM
what exactly did you expect to get from this thread? Did you expect the two street racers to read this thread, feel guilty, apologize to you, and then turn themselves over to the police? If I were to make a pointless thread every time I see street racers or someone speeding, I'd probably be in third or fourth gear by now.

Pete92SL
11-23-2008, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by RedGallardo

I didn't think unmanned photo radar was coming in until at least spring 2009...

Since we are taking about this in person now, you know the answer. haha