PDA

View Full Version : Help hotwiring a 93 Oldsmobile [not stealing!]

segfault
11-09-2008, 11:18 AM
I've had my old '93 olds parked by my house for about a year now. I have long lost the keys and have tried to force it to turn on by taking apart the steering column and messign with wires. Unfortunatley This got me no where.

Does anyone know how to hotwire a 93 Olds? There is a flat of beer in it.

The car needs to make it down to pick-n-pull.

If it's not gone by the 25th of Nov, I'm going to have to rent a flatbed truck. Paying out a case of beer is cheaper. I already dished out a year of insurance and registration on it.

ps. I've searched the net but have not come up with a lot of useful information.

Thanks!

sr20s14zenki
11-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Bust the fucking ignition tumbler out, eventually youll break it enuff you can turn it with a screwdriver. Hammer and chisel that bitch.

shin0bi
11-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Agreed... I've seen plenty of older cars started with a flat head screw driver.

Thaco
11-09-2008, 11:26 AM
there is an easy way, but it's too difficult to explain, where are you located?

and you realise PNP is going to question you if they see you driving in a car with a smashed out coloumn...

segfault
11-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Hey, that's about where it is now, but somewhat more destroyed.

I wasn't able to screwdriver the cyllinder, it just didn't turn so i got annoyed. I smashed off the steering column cover, found the wires that attach to the ignition and pulled them out.

But applying current to one, or both does not give me anything inside. I disabled the shift lock so I can put it into gear without worrying about the tumbler position.

Another issue I'm having is that there is too much brake pressure in the system right now and I can't even push it onto a trailer bed. I'm not yet ready to cut the brake lines in desperation. I would at least like to turn on the car enough to relieve the brakeline pressure [if that's possible].

sr20s14zenki
11-09-2008, 11:29 AM
you actually have to REMOVE the tumbler if you can.

Tik-Tok
11-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by segfault

Another issue I'm having is that there is too much brake pressure in the system right now and I can't even push it onto a trailer bed. I'm not yet ready to cut the brake lines in desperation. I would at least like to turn on the car enough to relieve the brakeline pressure [if that's possible].

If you have "brake pressure" without the car being on, it's not your normal brake's, it's your parking brakes frozen. You'll have to climb behind your rear tires, there should be a manual lever to release the park brakes.

2BLUE
11-09-2008, 01:02 PM
You do NOT touch the tumblers on this car!!!! Nor ignition!!!

Where are located..Im ridding the bike today i could come over.

The main shaft with the teeth are not near the ignition..there on the other side of the colum but you can damage them doing it wrong.

89s1
11-09-2008, 02:05 PM
there are alot of companies that will flatbed the car away for free.

yellowpages ftw.

"scrap car removal"

UndrgroundRider
11-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Kidney Foundation will tow it for free, and give you a tax credit.

speeed
11-09-2008, 03:17 PM
free tow
check this out
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/224265/fs-tow-away/

VetteRacin
11-09-2008, 03:38 PM
lock smiths can make a key...there is a code in the ignition somewhere on older vehicles that they go by...

2BLUE
11-09-2008, 07:59 PM
There is an easy way but its hard to explain.

segfault
11-09-2008, 11:38 PM
There is no longer a tumbler, I ripped it all out.

I can turn 'on' the car with a mechanical switch. But I cannot figure out how to turn the car over. There is a Green (+12V 1mA) wire, and a brown one (Ground/Neutral?). I tried feeding the Brown Wire +12V from the cig. lighter but still nothing.

Thank you for the links for the flatbed trucks. I will be looking at that option if this does not move by the 25th-ish. I am just having a fun time hacking this car apart.

But if someone wants to help hack it apart, drop a line.

11-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Red - 12v
Pink - Ign 1
White or Green - Ign 2
Yellow - Crank

Hook up the red wire from the ign column to pink and green or white whichever is there, then touch it to yellow it should crank and start..

installer tech sheets FTW.

DRKM
11-10-2008, 01:51 AM
If you can turn the ignition power on, AKA light up the dash lights and what not. Then just jump the starter relay. The car will start.

hypyestoad
11-10-2008, 01:38 PM
I don't have time to help you steel you're neighbors car...

I got banned! I can't believe it!

5000Audi
11-10-2008, 09:31 PM
usually pretty easy to do.. to bad its not like the older gm's with the rod lol... break the top and pull/ push the rod and vroooom.... then break the steering lock and your good to go haha.. but these cars do as 410440 said...then its good to go