PDA

View Full Version : recommendation for good injury lawyer?

Zokambaa
11-09-2008, 02:26 PM
I was wondering if anyone had some names for injury lawyers that they would recommend...

I was in a motorcycle accident, there was 2 lanes in each direction on each side of the road. There was a guy on my inside lane turning left but was stopped at the intersection, I was in the outside curb lane
then the guy in the oncomming inside lane didn't slowly move forward and check to see if my ane was clear, he just blindly turned left, directly in front of me at the last minute and I couldn't stop in time...
I had the green light too...

Now I have a broken foot, mild sprains to my ankles, and heavy bruising and muscle strains in my feet... my knee is pretty sore, I had a couple cuts and a huge lump on my shin... bruises on my thighs/hip and a sore lower back... and somewhat stiff neck still

most of the bruising is gone now as it is almost 3 weeks after but the back, knee, and feet and ankles are still painful..

I'm not looking for some insane American style law suit but I have a feeling the guys insurance company is going to screw me out of fair compensation for the pain and loss of mobility I have... they are already trying to screw me over on the market value of my ruined motorcycle too...

there are thousands of lawyers in the city.. so I am just trying to get a few good names where I don't have to pay out of my pocket up front

thanks

Kavy
11-09-2008, 08:43 PM
You hit his car on the side I assume?
If so good luck because you will need a real good lawyer because the specifics is what they will go after immediately, being a former bike owner myself it always disgusts me how instantly the insurance companies assume the motorcyclist was speeding.

Now days soft tissue is so up in the air so a "American Style" lawsuit might not go to your liking. Not many lawyers in canada do the whole "No Money unless you get money" deal.

Pm me specifics and I can hopefully direct you to someone who can help you.

Zokambaa
11-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Kavy
You hit his car on the side I assume?
If so good luck because you will need a real good lawyer because the specifics is what they will go after immediately, being a former bike owner myself it always disgusts me how instantly the insurance companies assume the motorcyclist was speeding.

Now days soft tissue is so up in the air so a "American Style" lawsuit might not go to your liking. Not many lawyers in canada do the whole "No Money unless you get money" deal.

Pm me specifics and I can hopefully direct you to someone who can help you.

It was the front tire area of his CRV between the bumper and the tire... but had this guy not just gone for it and creeped forward to see if the lane was clear, he would have seen me... he made an unsafe left turn it wouldn't matter if I was doing 10 or 100 he just turned infront... but there are a few witnesses so I guess I'll see how things go

edit//
And like I mentioned I am not out to get rich like those scumbags in the USA are... I just want adequate compensation as health insurance and section B only covers a small amount of massage/chiro/physio on top of the pain I've had to put up with so far...

///LOUD LOAD\\\
11-10-2008, 05:57 AM
Sorry to hear man, i was in a very very serious bike accident just over 2 years ago myself.
Still in the midst of ironing out the law suit but its nearing a end.
I went with Brathwaite and Boyle. There # is 403-230-8088 im sure they would be willing to help you out.
Hope everything works out man.