PDA

View Full Version : Banff question???

ekguy
11-09-2008, 10:29 PM
If someone were to let's say ask a girl he works with to go for drinks and decided to bring her to Banff as a surprise random date. Where would one go??? I've been to Banff twice in my life and I have no clue where to go there...Last time I went was on the Beyond cruise and I ate with everyone at Earls then left so I didn't visit much.

FiveFreshFish
11-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Banff Springs Hotel.

Tik-Tok
11-09-2008, 10:37 PM
If I were the girl, I would either

A) be disgusted the guy would be willing to go DRINKING then drive 2 hours home

B) be disgusted the guy thinks I'm slut enough to stay at a hotel, just for "going for drinks"

C) be an actual slut

Jlude
11-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

B) be disgusted the guy thinks I'm slut enough to stay at a hotel, just for "going for drinks"

C) be an actual slut

C!

:rofl: :rofl:

harnie2
11-09-2008, 10:47 PM
rose and crown?

if she bugs out and you are left alone, procure two condoms to use if you meet an greet a local. double wrap dat shit

dj_rice
11-09-2008, 10:50 PM
The milf dumped you?

ekguy
11-09-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

C) be an actual slut

you realise that A. someone can have one drink and then stop

B not staying overnight

and c she's not a slut haha. anyways it'd be nice to have valid opinions

ekguy
11-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
The milf dumped you?

hahaha no I got sick of her. No time for her annoying attitude anyways hahaha.

ekguy
11-09-2008, 11:39 PM
had to add. Like is said...would just like to go for a drink or 2 max...Spend alot of time with this girl but around the area...would like to be spontaneous for once.

A790
11-09-2008, 11:42 PM
River Cafe is a nice local spot.

ekguy
11-09-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by A790
River Cafe is a nice local spot.

wasn't there bad reviews about that place on here at some point???

harnie2
11-09-2008, 11:45 PM
Tits or GTFO (of your own thread)

drtoohotty1
11-09-2008, 11:48 PM
I go to Banff alot in fact i just came back today from a weekend trip there and my favorite place is The Pump & Tap great little place never had a bad time.

drtoohotty1
11-09-2008, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by harnie2
Tits or GTFO (of your own thread)

Who the fuck is this guy??^^^:dunno:

badatusrnames
11-09-2008, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by drtoohotty1

Who the fuck is this guy??^^^:dunno:

92teg1...

ekguy
11-09-2008, 11:54 PM
oh great a troll hahaha.

harnie2
11-09-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

92teg1...

nope.

another returning user.

harnie2
11-09-2008, 11:57 PM
nice to see your buddy garnished you with some trader feedback :rofl: :rofl:

dannie
11-10-2008, 12:11 AM
What happened to in Calgary? Raw Bar would have been great for what you are looking for. You could also do Canmore and go to Murietas. If dinner is an option, Sage Bistro in Canmore is very cozy.

I gotta agree with the guys on here. Taking her out to Canmore, she may just think that your trying to get her to a hotel for the nite. If you want to be spontaneous, try something simpler. Choose a place in Calgary, go a day ahead of time and ask the bartender to choose a drink and when you get there, have reservations and get the drink but have the server say its the " Michelle Margarita" or whatever her name is.

badatusrnames
11-10-2008, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by dannie
What happened to in Calgary? Raw Bar would have been great for what you are looking for. You could also do Canmore and go to Murietas. If dinner is an option, Sage Bistro in Canmore is very cozy.

I gotta agree with the guys on here. Taking her out to Canmore, she may just think that your trying to get her to a hotel for the nite. If you want to be spontaneous, try something simpler. Choose a place in Calgary, go a day ahead of time and ask the bartender to choose a drink and when you get there, have reservations and get the drink but have the server say its the " Michelle Margarita" or whatever her name is.

I have to agree. If it's a first date, taking her our of town to Banff may be a little over the top. Raw Bar is a great atmosphere for a date though...

ekguy
11-10-2008, 12:31 AM
Well the situation is that so far we've been hanging out alot. We work together. She's expressed interest and so have I. We've been on a couple dates...but only around where we both live. She's near Shawnessy and I'm in Chap. So...To be a bit funner, more spontaneous and have an excuse to spend a bit more time just chillin and talkin I was thinking of taking her there since she's never been...

But don't want to randomly go and not have a clue where would be nice to have a couple drinks and some decent food. dinner is a definite option. And honnestly there's a Murietta's in Canmore???

The one here is so nice but don't like going downtown here though.

dannie
11-10-2008, 12:38 AM
Yep, its on Main street. http://www.murrietas.ca/

You could also do Bragg Creek. But the places out there are more dinner places. Bavariann Inn has great food and Infusion is good. The sommelier at the Bavariann Inn is amazing. He created a drink for my sister one day. He called it the 7:45 because that was the time he made it :)

You could do Turner Valley, the Route 40 Soup Company. The food there is unbelievable. But again, its a dinner thing. Well worth the drive and you could both leave with some incredible soup to make at home.

I get what you are trying to do with going to Banff cuz she hasnt been there, but if you have only been out a couple times, that might be a little much. Maybe take her out there for a day trip. Go on a Sunday and walk around Canmore and Banff and have dinner. I wouldnt go out there for drinks that early on in a relationship.

EK 2.0
11-10-2008, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by drtoohotty1

The Pump & Tap great little place never had a bad time.

How can you have a bad time at a place with a name like that??:poosie:

ekguy
11-10-2008, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

How can you have a bad time at a place with a name like that??:poosie:

great advice from beyond's emack haha.