PDA

View Full Version : wanted: smoke patches or gum

MoneyPit
11-09-2008, 10:43 PM
im having frequent chest colds and i assume its from smoking, so i have tonight to smoke the last 6 cigarettes in my pack and i would like to kick the habit for good! gonig onto 11 years of smoking already

anyways, does anybody have left over patches or gum or anything they do not need they wouldn't mind donating to me , if you do please pm me where i can pick up!!

thanks beyond

SJW
11-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Go to doctor. Request a prescription of Champix.

It'll make you quit.

badatusrnames
11-09-2008, 10:54 PM
My friend got a prescription for Zyban when he quit. He had previously tried the gum and patch and it didn't work for him, he would always relapse.

Zyban worked wonders for him and he hasn't touched a cigarette in over a year and doesn't see himself doing so again.

Good luck!

MoneyPit
11-09-2008, 11:12 PM
thanks, im not looking for prescriptions

its easy for me to get the tobacco outta my system but the habit side of things is rough , id try cold turkey again but i dont know how well that will go lol

justincalgary
11-10-2008, 09:42 AM
I don't really understand how using a patch or chewing nicorette is going to help you with a habit and champix or zyban won't.....going by your logic, than why don't you just chew trident and slap some duct tape on your shoulder.

I used champix for a grand total of 4 weeks, supposed to be longer, and I am now a non-smoker for 2 months and 1 day.

I have used the patch, nicorette, cold turkey, finding a substitute...pretty much everything for the last 16 years, and champix actually works.

Greek Wizard
11-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by justincalgary going by your logic, than why don't you just chew trident and slap some duct tape on your shoulder.

:rofl:

Good luck with it either way

GQBalla
11-10-2008, 02:50 PM
how is champix?

i want to try it out but im afaird of the depression side effects

Velox
11-10-2008, 02:57 PM
if its just a habit your trying to kick start chewing cinnamon gum its worked for me i quit cold turkey and have been smoke free for 6 months the gum helped a lot make sure its very spicy and not very sweet.

4bier
11-10-2008, 06:33 PM
your never gonna quit unless you truely want to ...then once your minds made up try them all good luck