View Full Version : Buy 1 get 1 free: Dodge Avenger

Xtrema
11-10-2008, 02:02 PM
http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/235924/

UK only.

Would you if they offer this in NA?

Tik-Tok
11-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Yeah, I mean, there's nothing about them I like, but a new car for both my wife and myself, for the price of one? Sure.

vipstyle2
11-10-2008, 02:17 PM
I'd jump on this offer! .
Throw some d's on that b*tch lol
Black on black =p

I dont think it'll be coming here us north american always get the worst of the cars compared to europe.

Kloubek
11-10-2008, 02:31 PM
...if only this was in North America, and offered on a DECENT car....

Weapon_R
11-10-2008, 02:36 PM
U.S. dealers have started to clear out their 2008 vehicles by offering 2 for 1. I heard that some Dodge dealers were giving 2 for 1 on their remaining Dodge Rams!

Redlyne_mr2
11-10-2008, 02:40 PM
wow

Xtrema
11-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
U.S. dealers have started to clear out their 2008 vehicles by offering 2 for 1. I heard that some Dodge dealers were giving 2 for 1 on their remaining Dodge Rams!

double whamming. Gazzler and replaced by a way better new 09 model.

Nissan was giving away Versa with Titan @ MSRP. I guess 2 for 1 does happen in NA.

E36M3
11-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Wouldn't mind a 2 for 1 on a GTR. Guess you'd have an extra transmission that way..

kaput
11-10-2008, 03:20 PM

treg50
11-10-2008, 03:36 PM
^ :rofl:

OR drive Avenger#1. Use Avenger#2 for parts to fix Avenger#1.

funkedelic2
11-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by treg50
^ :rofl:

OR drive Avenger#1. Use Avenger#2 for parts to fix Avenger#1.

:rofl: Pretty much

There was something similar that i heard on the radio. I think if you buy a new house, you get a tacoma. I also heard another one. Buy a new Toyota truck and you get a versa! I think they might have been leases though, not really sure.

Eleanor
11-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by treg50
Use Avenger#2 for parts to fix Avenger#1.
:rofl:

Gibson
11-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by funkedelic2

Buy a new Toyota truck and you get a versa! I think they might have been leases though, not really sure.

Haha, close, but it was buy a Nissan Titan and get a Nissan Versa I believe.

funkedelic2
11-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Gibson

Haha, close, but it was buy a Nissan Titan and get a Nissan Versa I believe.

:rofl: haha yeah i meant Nissan truck

clem24
11-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Yay they are charging what the car might really be worth. Now the big question is.. Are they actually still selling even at half off?? It's like those tacky items on the clearance shelf. Even if you slash them by 70%, people still don't buy them.

Xtrema
11-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by clem24
Yay they are charging what the car might really be worth. Now the big question is.. Are they actually still selling even at half off?? It's like those tacky items on the clearance shelf. Even if you slash them by 70%, people still don't buy them.

Well, an Avenger SXT with 3.5L V6 233HP/233lb/ft fully loaded with leather and Nav is $30K cdn out the door with 0% financing.

Say you get 2 for the $30K, will you? You can even buy a base Corolla for that price.

That's A LOT of car for the money.

v2kai
11-10-2008, 04:48 PM
if they gotta push this hard to get last years model out the door, maybe they shouldnt start coming out with new models every year, like maybe two years or something:dunno:

n1zm0
11-10-2008, 05:22 PM
i had one of these for a week this summer going to Van with a 3.5L, great rental car lol!, heavy on the understeer as i found out the hard way just after Golden :D

this would be a good one for rental companies to jump on in UK, or don't they already get dealer discounts (NA rental companies)

Inzane
11-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
That's A LOT of car for the money.

A lot of SHITTY car for the money.

Even if you gave one to me for FREE I still wouldn't keep it and drive it. I'd turn around and hock it for whatever I could get.

You couldn't PAY me to keep one as a daily driver. :barf:

Isaiah
11-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Inzane

Even if you gave one to me for FREE I still wouldn't keep it and drive it. I'd turn around and hock it for whatever I could get.

Have you driven one? Owned one? That's a rather bold statement.

EvolutionI
11-10-2008, 08:12 PM
I would jump on this if they offered this on the dodge rams.

badatusrnames
11-10-2008, 08:12 PM

Lol you're representing you avatar well.

heavyD
11-10-2008, 09:53 PM

That's a little over the top don't you think? To alot of people cars are cars and while the Avenger is nothing special it would get people from A to B in a fairly reliable fashion.

clem24
11-11-2008, 01:08 AM
I rented one of these.. Personally I wouldn't pay hard earned money for it. Even at $15 with a fully loaded V6, I'd STILL rather own a base Honda FIT or Accent. No kidding. The first complaint is those seats. YIKES. The headrests. Then the look. And the cheap ass interior. And the fact that the interior was pulled straight from the Sebring (also rented that for a week and I couldn't wait to return it).

Inzane
11-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
To alot of people cars are cars and while the Avenger is nothing special it would get people from A to B in a fairly reliable fashion.

I don't disagree with that. However "those people" are not the primary audience here on this forum. I doubt you are, and I'm obviously not...

Originally posted by clem24
I rented one of these.. Personally I wouldn't pay hard earned money for it. Even at $15 with a fully loaded V6, I'd STILL rather own a base Honda FIT or Accent. No kidding. The first complaint is those seats. YIKES. The headrests. Then the look. And the cheap ass interior. And the fact that the interior was pulled straight from the Sebring (also rented that for a week and I couldn't wait to return it).

^^^ THANK YOU! That's what I'm talking about. :D

clem24
11-11-2008, 02:42 PM
And what's even funnier is that in 4-5 years, that same base Honda Fit or Accent will be worth more than the piece of shit that is the Avenger. The 300 and Magnum are good cars. But the Avenger/Sebring are just absolute trash.

DannyO
11-11-2008, 08:21 PM
I would not buy one, just because something is cheap, does not mean its a good deal.

rumeo
11-20-2008, 04:36 PM
well if you bought one and got one free, then turned around and sold them bought, would that not equal profit?

98type_r
11-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by rumeo
well if you bought one and got one free, then turned around and sold them bought, would that not equal profit?

only IF there was a market for the vehicles, which there clearly is not

flipstah
11-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by rumeo

If they're giving a second car for FREE, which probably means they just want to get rid of all of them even though you lose profit if you go through this route, isn't that a clue of what the current market situation is at for that particular vehicle?

bituerbo
11-20-2008, 07:57 PM
I hope they extend that offer to other appendages of GM - Pontiac! I'd go halves with someone on a Solstice GXP!

flipstah
11-20-2008, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by bituerbo
I hope they extend that offer to other appendages of GM - Pontiac! I'd go halves with someone on a Solstice GXP!

Corvette ZR1, Cadillac CTS-V's on sale! :D