PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: Red GTR

CivicDXR
11-10-2008, 03:16 PM
I know you've probably seen a few of them already, but heres one more... and its nice to know that the owner put Blizzak winters on it... but it probably cause they void your warranty if you run the summers below a certain temp.

I wonder how his transmission is doing???

and I love it in this color, but I'm biased cause I love red. This car would look hotter with a set of bronze or gold wheels.

sorry for the low quality pics, I didn't have my camera, so the iPhone pics will have to do:
http://api.photoshop.com/home_6cf3dda318be40229eabf06873efcde5/adobe-px-assets/79fad7f84e1142e3a8f4f625942883f8
http://api.photoshop.com/home_6cf3dda318be40229eabf06873efcde5/adobe-px-assets/a59e1efa212244dda83002049759ecea
http://api.photoshop.com/home_6cf3dda318be40229eabf06873efcde5/adobe-px-assets/90cac3e431c14e069380331b6dbc3c24

sneek
11-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by CivicDXR
nice to know that the owner put Blizzak winters on it... but it probably cause they void your warranty if you run the summers below a certain temp.

I wonder how his transmission is doing???

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

treg50
11-10-2008, 03:26 PM
That's pretty sweet in red, instead of the usual grey and silver.

wardpr68
11-10-2008, 03:35 PM
blah... I see a silver one in the Hamptons all the time and I think its fugly as hell. But at least it performs... when the transmission is working.

nbaker00
11-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Awesome colour!:drool:

C4S
11-10-2008, 03:41 PM
I saw Red GTR every few days ... and GTR almost everyday ..

Again, it is still a nice car . but not worth to making anothing thread .. :D

TomcoPDR
11-10-2008, 03:43 PM
:bigpimp: :drool: nice

Eleanor
11-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Meh, still ugly. The red just draws more attention to the ugly.

a social dsease
11-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Nice! I love that car. I got a nice pic of a red one (maybe the same one) last week. Looks soo much sicker in person than in photos.

chkolny541
11-10-2008, 03:50 PM
not worth making another thread, this car is more and more common

spotted green dodge caravan, i repeat, GREEN!!!

rc2002
11-10-2008, 04:53 PM
I saw 3 of them yesterday. A silver one in Banff, a red one in Canmore, and another silver one in Calgary.

From all the hype, I thought they were in super short supply but I manage to see them everywhere still.

Eleanor
11-10-2008, 04:54 PM
^ it's cause they're so big, they're impossible to miss :rofl:

7thgenvic
11-10-2008, 04:56 PM
I LOVE THEM! I really do love the red! And I love that he put winters on it!!! That thing would be INTENSE to drive in the snow :)

FilthyMcNasty
11-10-2008, 05:08 PM
it would look better with window tint.

cyrusli
11-10-2008, 05:28 PM
as soon as "Blizzak" was mentioned, i kinda feel for the car itself.. why would you drive a R37 in Alberta for winter?

SetoJai
11-10-2008, 05:32 PM
love the color red but not too attracted to the gtr itself

FLARE
11-10-2008, 05:33 PM
^Probably because your rich, you parked your lambo for the winter and the gtr is your winter car :nut:

blownz
11-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by cyrusli
as soon as "Blizzak" was mentioned, i kinda feel for the car itself.. why would you drive a R37 in Alberta for winter?

Why not? People drive way more expensive cars then that in the winter in AB. And many of them not even AWD. I think it is good to see someone enjoying the car year round.

There was an Audi R8 I saw several times last winter driving around in Edmonton even when it was snowing pretty good.

*edit* I like the answer above me. lol

I actually know someone with an S550 4matic as a 'winter beater' while his Bently GT Speed is parked.

DNSRadio
11-10-2008, 05:35 PM
good spotting

i think the car is sexy as F*@#!

i would love to own this.....lol
either this or the new corvette....
mmmmm:drool:

n1zm0
11-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by cyrusli

R35 you mean? :dunno: because some people have money coming out of their asses.. but there is a video of the GTR testing in snow conditions, looks like it does pretty well.

max_boost
11-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Nice! So does the owner of the vehicle

a. works at arby's
b. goes to sait
c. just lives nearby

haha i don't know. gtr looks great!:hitit:

cityhunter2501
11-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Nice! So does the owner of the vehicle

a. works at arby's
b. goes to sait
c. just lives nearby

haha i don't know. gtr looks great!:hitit:

ahaha exactly what i was thinking
I used to park at that exact spot when I was studying at SAIT.

Xtrema
11-10-2008, 10:48 PM
Big and rare. Impressive they are not.

Seen a red on in Stadium showroom. Someone put a dent on the body already in the driver rear quarter panel. Probably being too close to the Altima next to it.

As much as it is hyped, I rather have a C63 or M3.

shin0bi
11-11-2008, 12:36 AM
I saw this one on 16th today while I was at Peters Drive-in.

They are becomming pretty common to see, though they are still amazing vehicles...

I'd totally have one. If I was rich, the GTR would be my winter car, as you can't argue with AWD superiority in snow.

Kloubek
11-11-2008, 12:38 AM
Nice car.

What DOESN'T void your warranty with these Nissans? Are you allowed to drive it in a straight line over 80k without activating some little-known clause?

Ekliptix
11-11-2008, 07:11 AM
Saw him pulled over by the cops on Deerfoot a few weeks ago.

7thgenvic
11-11-2008, 07:59 AM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j191/7thgenvic/IMG_0929.jpg

this was two weeks ago when I was visiting a friend in Åre, Sweden! Pretty bad ass winter ride with some thick winters on it!

em2ab
11-11-2008, 10:26 AM
You guys would be surprised what will void the warranty on a Civic.....it's just not pointed out as much because nobody cares.

rc2002
11-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by em2ab
You guys would be surprised what will void the warranty on a Civic.....it's just not pointed out as much because nobody cares.

No it's pointed out because warranty is voided for the GT-R for doing stuff that it was designed to do. Why give the user the ability to turn off VDC or use launch control if you're not going to honour the warranty when they use it?

tabouli
11-11-2008, 01:15 PM
^^ Because retards on the forums think that anything detrimental to "WARRANTY" automatically justifies the assumption of the car being junk. The shit-heads on beyond seem to think that you should be able to abuse the GTR under any set of circumstances they want. Then bring it back to the dealer and get everything fixed for free just to do it again. :rolleyes:

That's not how the world works. I've seen so many fuckers abusing the GTR it isn't even funny anymore. Nissan played the smart card with GTR warranty. They're covering their asses from all the fucking morons who want to beat the living shit out of the car and have it continuously fixed under "warranty".

If the car is driven with respect, warranty is never an issue. [/end]

Amazing car, nice spotting. Red is stunning! Silver is still my preference on the vehicle.

Micho
11-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by tabouli
^^ Because retards on the forums think that anything detrimental to "WARRANTY" automatically justifies the assumption of the car being junk. The shit-heads on beyond seem to think that you should be able to abuse the GTR under any set of circumstances they want. Then bring it back to the dealer and get everything fixed for free just to do it again. :rolleyes:

That's not how the world works. I've seen so many fuckers abusing the GTR it isn't even funny anymore. Nissan played the smart card with GTR warranty. They're covering their asses from all the fucking morons who want to beat the living shit out of the car and have it continuously fixed under "warranty".

Amazing car, nice spotting. Red is stunning! Silver is still my preference on the vehicle.

Quoted ftw.

JZS_RCTS
11-12-2008, 11:27 AM
i've seen that car a couple times on my way to work

Moe Man
11-12-2008, 11:37 AM
[B The shit-heads on beyond seem to think that you should be able to abuse the GTR under any set of circumstances they want. Then bring it back to the dealer and get everything fixed for free just to do it again. :rolleyes:

They're covering their asses from all the fucking morons who want to beat the living shit out of the car and have it continuously fixed under "warranty".

[/B]

ummm YA thats because 99% of all new cars on the road are covered under warranty. you can do what ever you want to your car and if something breaks then you get it fixed under warranty.

Toms-SC
11-12-2008, 11:46 AM

WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE POOR GT-R SPORT CARS GETTING ABUSED!!!!! :rofl:

I'll stick with the track tried and true Z06 or ZR1. I'll also keep my side of warrenty with that.

em2ab
11-12-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Moe Man

ummm YA thats because 99% of all new cars on the road are covered under warranty. you can do what ever you want to your car and if something breaks then you get it fixed under warranty.

If you use the Launch Control and take it to the dealership for proper maintenance afterwards, your warranty is not void. Same as any regular car, if you race it and don't bring it to the dealership for proper maintenance, they're not going to fix it when something breaks. I don't see how the GTR is different.

chkolny541
11-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by em2ab

If you use the Launch Control and take it to the dealership for proper maintenance afterwards, your warranty is not void. Same as any regular car, if you race it and don't bring it to the dealership for proper maintenance, they're not going to fix it when something breaks. I don't see how the GTR is different.

ftw, touchee!

MoneyPit
11-12-2008, 02:46 PM
damn, i still havent seen one in person yet! :(

03ozwhip
11-12-2008, 04:25 PM
man that thing is long, its almost as long as my Monte! i think its kinda too long for the type of sports car that its supposed to be.

jsn
11-12-2008, 04:30 PM
i've seen the red one several times. Everytime i see it, its a guy with whitish hair. Probably in his 50s...

cloud7
11-12-2008, 06:20 PM
A guy with a red GTR work three blocks away from my office... I was just there today and it looks amazing.

CausalInfluence
11-20-2008, 08:18 PM
I think they look nice. But definetly not the through bred that the r32/r33/r34 was. The same people that hate on skylines have never driven or been in them.

I can understand having a legitimate problem with the skyline series if you owned one and decided that it didnt fit your needs.

This car thought I dont believe it to be the be all end all, it is a wolf in a sheeps skin.

I had the privilege of going for a ride in a new GTR. Granted lawrence didnt put it through its paces, and who would expect it on the street? But I gauruntee you that not even 1% of the registered users on here would be able to even come within spitting distance of using this car to its limit. It is not the greatest marvel of technology, but it is damn close.

All this belly aching over the warrenty. If you dont drive the car in an overtly abusive fashion you will have no problems.

Why should a company cover you for something that is obviously harmful and within the CUSTOMERS hands.

They allow you to turn features like TC off, and LC on so if you do have it for the purpose of racing it then yes you should be excluded from the warrenty. If you road race an M3 DSG and you blow the tranny, they will not warranty it. And why should they? the car is built for street use, not extenuse use outside of "normal". Just becuase something is "capable" of a function, it doesnt mean that you should do it, then when shit breaks, be able to claim a warranty issue.

When you overclock your processor and fry it, you can take it back and say give me a new one. Life doesnt work like that. You buy it, you assume the risk.

Every manufacturer has a clause LIKE this in their warranty, its just that the GTR had an unreal standard to live up to, and was hyped thusly, so any little facet of the car that makes it unattractive is well publicized. Imagine Sarah palin. Okay bad example.

CivicDXR
11-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by CausalInfluence
I think they look nice. But definetly not the through bred that the r32/r33/r34 was. The same people that hate on skylines have never driven or been in them.

I can understand having a legitimate problem with the skyline series if you owned one and decided that it didnt fit your needs.

This car thought I dont believe it to be the be all end all, it is a wolf in a sheeps skin.

I had the privilege of going for a ride in a new GTR. Granted lawrence didnt put it through its paces, and who would expect it on the street? But I gauruntee you that not even 1% of the registered users on here would be able to even come within spitting distance of using this car to its limit. It is not the greatest marvel of technology, but it is damn close.

All this belly aching over the warrenty. If you dont drive the car in an overtly abusive fashion you will have no problems.

Why should a company cover you for something that is obviously harmful and within the CUSTOMERS hands.

They allow you to turn features like TC off, and LC on so if you do have it for the purpose of racing it then yes you should be excluded from the warrenty. If you road race an M3 DSG and you blow the tranny, they will not warranty it. And why should they? the car is built for street use, not extenuse use outside of "normal". Just becuase something is "capable" of a function, it doesnt mean that you should do it, then when shit breaks, be able to claim a warranty issue.

When you overclock your processor and fry it, you can take it back and say give me a new one. Life doesnt work like that. You buy it, you assume the risk.

Every manufacturer has a clause LIKE this in their warranty, its just that the GTR had an unreal standard to live up to, and was hyped thusly, so any little facet of the car that makes it unattractive is well publicized. Imagine Sarah palin. Okay bad example.

I understand where you're coming from. But lets take a quick look at your analogy and make it closer to the GTR transmission issues. Say there was a processor that had an overclocking switch on it. And they advertise this processor with crazy speeds when you use this cool overclocking feature. Now you buy this processor and you're not allowed to touch the overclocking switch thats there to use.

What I'm trying to get at is why put the feature in the car, and advertise its performance while using it, but when you buy it, you're not allowed to use it at all, even though its there? I don't think the warranty is the issue, I think that the 'false advertisement' is.

And R33 FTW, those are my favorite. The R32 GTR is too tame looking, the R34 GTR is too wild looking and beefy. The R33 is the perfect balance. Thats just my opinion.

CausalInfluence
11-22-2008, 01:19 PM
To be honest, I think that nissan glorified the cars potential for sales. The warranty clause was a bit of an after thought to cover their asses.
When nissan realised that to put an effective TC/LC option into the car; it would have bumped the price tag they did the next best option (in their interest)... made it at the owners risk.

This isnt exactly unprecedented, other manufacutures have been doing this since performance models were offered. However this time it DOES seem excessive.
One must consider the physical limitations of the transmission though. 500HP through a DSG tranny which is almost at its limit of capability already, cant be expected to hold up to the torsional forces applied during instant load. This goes back to the whole idea of not offering something if it cant withstand. Unfortunately as mentioned before there is a reason up and above the name, that porsche, ferrari and lambo charge the prices that they do for their cars.

Even though it was hyped as a no holds barred race car, much like its predecessors, this car was ultimately assembled for the aging, want a wannabe roadgoing race car crowd. This was never made to stand up to what the r34/33 was.

Technology has changed so much that to offer a car that is both a porsche killer and a groccery getter at bottom bargin prices is just to great of a mountain to climb.

To us, this is total bullshit. To joe the owns his own plumbing company, this is nirvana.

The new GTR comes in UNDER what the series have always sold for, and thusly in order to make up that savings, they had to make up their margin somehow.

What I dont understand is how a manufacturer can offer such an awesome product with such a draw back and still have units flying out the door.

89s1
11-22-2008, 01:29 PM

I understand where you're coming from. But lets take a quick look at your analogy and make it closer to the GTR transmission issues. Say there was a processor that had an overclocking switch on it. And they advertise this processor with crazy speeds when you use this cool overclocking feature. Now you buy this processor and you're not allowed to touch the overclocking switch thats there to use.

Match point.

And R33 FTW, those are my favorite. The R32 GTR is too tame looking, the R34 GTR is too wild looking and beefy. The R33 is the perfect balance. Thats just my opinion.

I respectfully disagree. :D

Mista.2
11-24-2008, 12:12 PM
saw this guy driving out 22x a couple weeks ago! sounds amazing! :drool: :drool:

Carlton
11-27-2008, 11:11 AM
there is 2 red ones in town. One lives by my parents place, and another is this old fucker

Preslow
12-04-2008, 05:25 PM
what a gorgeous car. in person they're stunning i think.

ekguy
12-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Awesome car but I like black wayyyy better still.

KeepItGully
12-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Carlton
there is 2 red ones in town. One lives by my parents place, and another is this old fucker

That old fucker owns a major airline.

:facepalm:

Carlton
12-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by KeepItGully

That old fucker owns a major airline.

:facepalm:

That would explain seeing him off 32nds