PDA

View Full Version : local shops that can rebuild garrett turbos?

quazimoto
11-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Looking to see if anyone knows of some reputable shops that can rebuild garrett turbochargers in Calgary. Turbocharger on my Jetta went and I told the dealership to go screw a goat when they quoted me $1600 just for the turbocharger. Considering you can buy some decent high performance turbos for that price it seems kinda silly. Anyways any places you can point me to please do.

I had a turbo rebuilt some place in quebec like two years ago but i can't find their info!

LancerShelby
11-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Alamo Turbochargers right across the street from Varsity Chrysler.
http://www.alamoturbochargers.com/

B20EF
11-10-2008, 07:34 PM
I just had mine rebuilt by Blaast Performance in Montreal last year, maybe that's who you mean.

It was a lot cheaper than Alamo quoted and so far the quality seems fine, but we'll see if it makes for two years

quazimoto
11-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Your sir are the man. That is exactly the place I was looking for. I had a T04s rebuilt by them that is still working just wonderfully. Now I just need to see if they can service this mickey mouse turbocharger. Really stupid design where the turbine and exhaust manifold are a 1 piece design. It just baffles me so much how they want to charge me $1600 for tiny turbocharger on a 110bhp engine.

silviak91
11-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Alamo did mine for $300 it took 2 days:thumbsup:

Supa Dexta
11-11-2008, 12:37 AM
It all depends on how trashed it is.. If it's just the shaft/bearings, or if the wheels smashed the housings.. etc.