PDA

View Full Version : Trading in BMWs

flopicok
11-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed an increase of BWMs being traded in for lower end cars. In the last week alone, I have seen 3 bimmers with Kramer Mazda stickers. Are people really trading European cars for half Ford POS cars?

:dunno:

Weapon_R
11-11-2008, 10:35 AM
Don't be too surprised to see a lot of this in the future as people correct their living priorities to coincide with the declining economy. We are moving towards a period where people have to work to keep their jobs and unnecessary spending will decrease.

yue
11-11-2008, 10:42 AM
man, if i bought a bmw from kramer mazda my first demand would be to get that gay decal off the car. i advertise when i get money, not when i give you money

benyl
11-11-2008, 10:47 AM
All the leasing that went on during the boom time is done. Those cars are likely ones that were bought at auction. Since BMW dealers probably have a bunch of used cars that aren't selling already, I am sure that other dealers are snapping up the "deals."

I don't think it is BMW owners buying Mazdas.

rc2002
11-11-2008, 11:12 AM
If you check this history on a lot of cars on the used car lots many of them have been bought at auctions or from the east or from the US. They have to try to stay competitive in this market.

I also doubt it's trade ins happening. It's pretty rare for a dealership to accept a trade that's worth more than a car they sell.

canuckcarguy
11-11-2008, 12:21 PM
A friend of mine is a vehicle wholesaler, he was at the dealer auction in Calgary a few weeks ago when BMW Financial was selling their leasebacks. They had about 60 cars running through, and BMW Calgary and BMW gallery bought about 50 of them. So maybe these are trade-ins...

nbaker00
11-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by canuckcarguy
A friend of mine is a vehicle wholesaler, he was at the dealer auction in Calgary a few weeks ago when BMW Financial was selling their leasebacks. They had about 60 cars running through, and BMW Calgary and BMW gallery bought about 50 of them. So maybe these are trade-ins...
I was at the same sale...
They bought about 20 TOPS.

C4S
11-11-2008, 02:16 PM
Lots of BMW .. BENZ etc in lower end car dealer now.. but not from trade in!

Up to ~1 month ago .. many dealers were still buying tons of US grey import .. as they can sell for more why not ?

Also .. this is how lease return work .. ( for BMW at lease .. )

Used to be .. just 2 yr ago .. almost everyone bought out their lease end car, no matter BMW or Benz etc .. back then, buy out price was lower then market value .. but not now.

So .. what do BMW do for all the lease return cars? ( same as BENZ )

For lease return cars, they will go to Auction .. and there are "first round" , "Second round", "third round" etc ..

"First round" means BMW Canada will let all BMW dealerships to bid on those lease return cars, if a car is in good shape, no accident etc .. it will be sold in the "FIRST ROUND".

"Second Round" means those lease return cars have some "ISSUE", such as accident, or high km, or in bad colour combination, when NONE of the BMW dealer wants them .. then usually, NON BMW dealers can buy them, in a lower price. ( such as Honda, Toyota, Mazda etc .. dealership .. that is why, they hv lots of used BMW, BENZ, from the "SECOND ROUND" auction.

"Third Round" means those lease return cars usually with BIG PROBLEM ...... so .. brokers .. public can buy them from Auction ....

That is! :zzz: