PDA

View Full Version : Downloading music

GQBalla
11-11-2008, 01:05 PM
Just wanted to know what everyone uses to download music now, just single songs that is.

Limewire doesn't seem to work for me no more which is why im asking.

Hopefully this discussion is aloud

schocker
11-11-2008, 01:13 PM
For single songs instead of using software I usually just google it and there will be some kind of rapidshare or mediafire or what have you link to the song somewhere, often times people put them in the description if the song is up on youtube.

A790
11-11-2008, 01:18 PM
I use Napster, though you can't burn CD's unless you "Buy" the track for $1.19. Also, it costs $10/mo or $15/mo to transfer songs to your MP3 player.

pinoyhero
11-11-2008, 01:25 PM
ITunes?

There are a few promo only blogs out there that let you DL music for promo with the intent being that you sample and buy later.

Dumbass17
11-11-2008, 01:39 PM
mp3rocket pro

em2ab
11-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Just hack Google.....it searches everyone's shit anyway...

"intitle:index of" linkin.park -asp, -htm, -html, -php, -jsp

Replace the band name with whatever band/song you want and make sure there's a period between the names instead of a space. :thumbsup:

toyboy88
11-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by schocker
For single songs instead of using software I usually just google it and there will be some kind of rapidshare or mediafire or what have you link to the song somewhere, often times people put them in the description if the song is up on youtube.

+1

revelations
11-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by em2ab

Replace the band name with whatever band/song you want and make sure there's a period between the names instead of a space. :thumbsup:

:clap:

OfficerTJHooker
11-12-2008, 02:24 PM

wow, that's a little hardcore no?

Um, I usualy use google, but if it's a specific genre of music that you want you may want to try some music forums. (I'd post the link for a hip-hop music forum but I'm afraid of getting scolded for 'advertisment' :( )

Grogador
11-12-2008, 02:30 PM

Careful with that, my obscure DJ searches are returning a lot of viruses.

avishal26
11-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Get vDownloader ... look up any song on Youtube and you can download and convert it to AVI, Ipod compatible video, or just mp3.. or anything you want really. It is an amazing program.

However, I think vDownloader doesn't work on vista, you would have to get the adult version called VxDownloader lol.

Its amazing how it can download stuff from youtube and convert it to whatever you want. I've been using it for a few months now. It does have a few bugs though, so just restart it if it gives you an error message or something. It's a simple .exe program. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mibz
11-12-2008, 03:07 PM
I find torrents and just don't download every file of it, then if I ever feel like something similar I can pop back into uTorrent and find them easily. It also ensures some level of quality when on a private site... God knows what you're downloading from Rapidshare or P2P services.

em2ab
11-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by avishal26
Get vDownloader ... look up any song on Youtube and you can download and convert it to AVI, Ipod compatible video, or just mp3.. or anything you want really. It is an amazing program.

However, I think vDownloader doesn't work on vista, you would have to get the adult version called VxDownloader lol.

Its amazing how it can download stuff from youtube and convert it to whatever you want. I've been using it for a few months now. It does have a few bugs though, so just restart it if it gives you an error message or something. It's a simple .exe program. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I find the quality on YouTube makes my ears bleed.

revelations
11-12-2008, 03:30 PM
Cabos is an open source P2P app.... works pretty good for me (use it once or twice a mo. )

sea of ash
11-12-2008, 03:36 PM
soulseek has everything, especially good if you're looking for rare stuff and 320 kbps

GQBalla
11-12-2008, 06:12 PM
soulseek seems decent,
thanks

igniz
11-13-2008, 12:53 AM
iTunes would be a great pick to purchase solo songs. :)