PDA

View Full Version : Fs - 2002 Red Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor 6spd $9,900!!!

EK9Hatch
11-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Vehicle Details
Year : 2002
Make and Model : Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor
Exterior Color : Red
Interior Color : Black
Auto or Manual? : 6 Speed Manual
Odometer Reading : 123xxx
Location of Vehicle : Edmonton
Description :

Hi guys, after a lot of thought, I decided to sell my 2002 Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe

PLEASE READ THE FULL AD BEFORE REPLYING

I'm the 2nd Owner, No accidents
123,XXX KM
2.3L 4 Cyl Supercharged Engine, RWD and 6 Speed Manual Transmission
Red Exterior, Black Interior
8 Way Adjustable Bucket Seats
Dual Climate Control
ALL Power Options (Windows, Door locks, Trunk, Mirrors, Keyless entry)
Cruise Control
Traction Control
260 KM/H Speedo
8 Air bags...yes, thats correct, 8!
Fog lights
Auto Dimming Mirrors
Tilt and Telescopic Steering, Steering wheel has Volume Control and Menu Select buttons
Blue tooth equipped, Electric Garage door opener built in (up to 3 separate garage doors)
Factory 6 disc Changer
40/60 Rear Split seats
4 new GoodYear Eagle Tires
4 Dunlop Winter tires (Used for one winter)
Big 4 wheel Disc Brakes

The Supercharger makes passing on the Highway a breeze. Most of the Mileage is Highway miles. Gets over 750KM Per Tank!

Overall the car is great, but it currently has a few problems. This sale would be best suited to someone who wants to fix it up and sell it or as a mechanics special.

Problems
-Last year a brand new 6 Speed transmission was installed by Mercedes. After being in the car for just over 1 year, I now have problems downshifting into second gear. It happens only once in a while. I believe its the Synchros. Shifting from 1st to 2nd works everytime.

-The wipers recently stopped working. I believe the wiper motor failed. Priced out the parts from Mercedes....its under $150.

-Struts are shot. Good news, I have four new struts ready to be installed. New struts will come with the car.

- Rear bushings squeek. New bushings including labour was quoted at $600.

I know I could get a lot more for the car if these problems were fixed first, but I honestly just don't have the time to do so. I just want to pay off the rest of my loan.

Overall the car runs perfect, it has low mileage and the motor runs very smooth and strong. Always garage stored.

Please only reply if seriously interested. Price is firm.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TRIPtych2/benz1.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TRIPtych2/Fort_Howe.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TRIPtych2/benz.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TRIPtych2/benz-006.jpg

$9,900

Jamie

Asking Price : $9,900

Contact Information
E-Mail : [email protected]
Phone : 780 984 7803

aych
11-12-2008, 12:05 AM
dang. this is a good deal. any chance you'll be down in calgary soon?

EK9Hatch
11-12-2008, 01:19 AM
I don't have any plans. But there is a S2000 I'm interested in, which is in Calgary...so who knows.

If someone was SERIOUS about buying, I would be willing to meet half way in Red Deer.

Jamie

crewchaud
11-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Question regarding your tranny....

If you just had a new one put in about a year ago, would there not be some sort of warranty on it?

Especially if it were new compared to re-furbished. I would be a little upset if it was failing already, wouldn't you?

If this transmission problem could go away for good, I would certainly be interested in this car.

EK9Hatch
11-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by crewchaud
Question regarding your tranny....

If you just had a new one put in about a year ago, would there not be some sort of warranty on it?

Especially if it were new compared to re-furbished. I would be a little upset if it was failing already, wouldn't you?

If this transmission problem could go away for good, I would certainly be interested in this car.

Believe me...it was a HUGE headache. Mercedes, along with just about every other dealership out there have a 1 year warranty on parts installed by the dealership.

This issue occurred about 14 months after the installation. Since it was over the one year period, it was no longer under warranty.

But on the positive side, the transmission is pretty much BRAND NEW (Has about 14k on it) and its just the Synchro that has a problem. Any transmission shop could just crack it open and replace the faulty part. It would be A LOT cheaper than replacing the whole transmission.

I also have the receipt when the new transmission was installed.

Jamie

aych
11-12-2008, 03:31 PM
I was just going to ask about the reciept. can you pm me your location (neighborhood?) i may get my cousin who lives up there to look at it.

EK9Hatch
11-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Pm'd.

Jamie

EK9Hatch
11-14-2008, 05:12 PM
All PM's replied. Car can be viewed until Tuesday, then I'm out of town until Dec. 2nd.

Jamie

EK9Hatch
11-16-2008, 08:02 PM
I'm out of town now, so if interested, please call me at 780 984 7803. Leave a message and I'll return your call ASAP.

Thanks,

Jamie

Jlude
11-16-2008, 08:24 PM
the picture of the car overlooking the harbour was taken in Saint John, New Brunswick. That's quite the drive.

How much to replace the synchros?

EK9Hatch
11-17-2008, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Jlude
the picture of the car overlooking the harbour was taken in Saint John, New Brunswick. That's quite the drive.

How much to replace the synchros?

Yes, that's the good thing about this car...even though it is low mileage for the year, its pretty much ALL Highway miles!

As for the transmission fix, I'm not sure. Most of the cost would be labour. I'm sure the synchro set would be under $200.

Jamie

EK9Hatch
12-06-2008, 01:10 AM
Bump

Jamie

EK9Hatch
01-12-2009, 09:08 AM
Bump! Still for sale. Its been parked for the winter.

Jamie