PDA

View Full Version : Some metal shows coming in the next year

powerslave
11-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Just heard about these and thought I'd post them up here, Soilwork with Darkane coming February 26, and Kreator with Exodus, Belphegor and Warbringer coming April 21. Both shows 18+.

Tickets are on sale at Ticketmaster already.

kerry
11-12-2008, 01:34 PM
soilwork ftw

Mibz
11-12-2008, 01:39 PM
I was just listening to Disarmonia Mundi and was wondering if Soilwork was gonna come to town soon. Top drawer.

kerry
11-12-2008, 02:23 PM
I called you!!!!! Answer fool! lol

Mibz
11-12-2008, 03:16 PM
What! No you didn't! I'm looking at my call log right now!
I'm phoning you!

Exclamation point!

JfuckinC
11-12-2008, 03:23 PM
The holly springs disaster Dec 6th at sait!

hahaaahaha. i'm sure you guys hate them, but im pumped :D

Canmorite
11-13-2008, 11:50 PM
In Flames tomorrow night :D

kerry
11-14-2008, 01:44 AM
^^^ I'll see you there :)

Penis McNickels
11-14-2008, 10:12 AM
I am hitting up Iced Earth on Monday. Does anyone know where I can find some free parking around U of C? The only place that comes to mind is the area around the church just east of the C-train station. Anything closer?

Thanks!

Penis

MackDawg
11-14-2008, 10:23 AM
See you fools tonight for In Flames, but I am more pumped about seeing All That Remains.

b_t
11-14-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm going for Gojira and All That Remains.. will probably be giving In Flames a miss

Mibz
11-14-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm going for ATR and 36CF. I know I've said this in every metal thread but In Flames' live show has been getting steadily worse. I'll probably avoid traffic and leave early.

Penis McNickels
11-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
I'm going for ATR and 36CF. I know I've said this in every metal thread but In Flames' live show has been getting steadily worse. I'll probably avoid traffic and leave early.

You mean their albums, right?

Phil_McGraw
11-14-2008, 11:31 AM
When is Gojira gonna be here?

Mibz
11-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Penis McNickels

You mean their albums, right? Both.
I've seen IF four times in the last twoish years and their last two shows have been terrible.

Originally posted by Phil_McGraw
When is Gojira gonna be here? Tonight

ekguy
11-14-2008, 11:58 AM
fuck missed Gojira...Oh well next time.

Mibz
11-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by ekguy
fuck missed Gojira...Oh well next time. Tickets are still available. Doors at 7.

Phil_McGraw
11-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I saw In Flames at Gigantour and was extremely disappointed. They seemed to lack any character and sounded really bland.

Darkane
11-14-2008, 09:15 PM
The ever dying days of In flames are long gone. Man they used to be so awesome.

Canmorite
11-15-2008, 10:43 AM
I can't say I find them any worse. I saw them this summer and last night, I liked both shows...

Mibz
11-15-2008, 11:58 AM
tl;dr - 36CF was cool. Gojira sounded good from the beer gardens. ATR stole the show. In Flames was In Flames.

Well we got there for 3 songs of 36CF which were pretty good. Not gonna lie, that Wall of Doom or whatever was new to me, and kinda silly. Seems like a good way to crack some skulls. Maybe that's just my cynicism towards the people involved.

I was in the beer gardens for all of Gojira but they sounded pretty good and I regret not being there for them.

ATR was fucking wicked. It was the perfect setlist. I don't think I could've asked for any other songs. They had a ton of energy and the singer was surprisingly accurate. I thought it'd be like Disturbed where buddy just can't belt it like the studio but he was great. Guitar solos sounded pretty sloppy but I'm not a guitarist, I don't know how hard their solos actually are :P All in all, they stole the show. Got their setlist from the sound guy, so was pretty happy.

In Flames was the same as always. Insanely bright lights, seemingly random setlist aside from Highway, Alias, Mirror, Pinball Map, CC, Quiet Place and Take This Life. It was cool that they played Eraser and the medley. I think I went into it with a bad attitude and got exactly what I was expecting. Got the setlist for these guys as well and have a hard time looking at it because it makes so little sense to me. I haven't seen IF play Only for the Weak since Feb. 07 and I think it's one of the best live songs they have. In Vancouver the crowd went nuts, not sure why they stopped playing it. I would've skipped out early but it was only the second time my GF had seen them and she wanted to stay. I think this will be my last In Flames show unless they can pull out a good album.

b_t
11-15-2008, 02:03 PM
36 Crazyfists was kind of repetitive... Gojira was awesome, but from where I was standing the kick and bass were overpowering. By the end of their set, I felt deaf.. they picked some wicked songs to play though. ATR was pretty good, I stuck around to hear the one song I really wanted them to play (The Weak Willed) and then left. I thought their vocalist was AWESOME.. he was nailing everything