PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know Any Good House, Techno, Trance Artists

mrcoolawesome
11-13-2008, 12:22 AM
And please don't say Tiesto because I find he is over-rated.

jav_
11-13-2008, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by mrcoolawesome
And please don't say Tiesto because I find he is over-rated.

:werd: his songs makes me fall asleep

mrcoolawesome
11-13-2008, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by jav_

:werd: his songs makes me fall asleep

Me too.

Dave P
11-13-2008, 12:27 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/207992/your-current-favourite-vocal-trance/

vadeit
11-13-2008, 12:28 AM
I am a big fan of Marco V of the early 2000s vintage. Look for his live sets, I find them much better than his studio recorded stuff. I really liked some of his live sets from Qontact and Energy, also some of the broadcast he did for ID&T. Saying that I have never heard a bad set of his.

mrcoolawesome
11-13-2008, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by vadeit
I am a big fan of Marco V of the early 2000s vintage. Look for his live sets, I find them much better than his studio recorded stuff. I really liked some of his live sets from Qontact and Energy, also some of the broadcast he did for ID&T. Saying that I have never heard a bad set of his.

I've heard of him. I'll check him out thanks.

Isaiah
11-13-2008, 12:37 AM
Besides the obvious, Armin van Buuren, Paul Oakenfold, Digweed & Sasha, I really dig Danny Tenaglia.

Also check out Pete Tong and Erick Morillo if you're looking for something you've never heard before.

The Essential Mixes are really good live house sets that blend different styles and will keep you busy for 3 hours.

Southfest Buenos Aires is one of the best 4 hour sets I've heard.

kerry
11-13-2008, 01:44 AM
Tiesto is amazing regardless of what you guys say. Now on to the helpful part of my post. Carl B, Goldenscan, Andy Moor (who was at Tantra recently), Andy Duguid, Signalrunners, Lange. I've been an Lange fan for a while now, and a Tiesto fan forever.

gd3_kid
11-13-2008, 02:20 PM
for electrohouse:

diplo (i love his hip-hop/house hybrid style)
hoxton whores
david eckenback
santiago and bushido
deadmau5
DJ Bazuko
avici

many more I can't think of right now

n1zm0
11-13-2008, 03:05 PM
for house, well it'll be long

-Axwell
-Armin van Helden
-Bassment Jaxx (old school)
-Bob Sinclair
-Bookashade
-Buy Now
-Carl Cox
-Chicane
-Cicada
-Chicken lips
-Daft Punk
-DAnny Tenaglia
-David Guetta
-David Morales
-Dave Spoon
-Dennis Ferrer
-Desyn Masiello
-Deep Dish (you can also search Dubfire and Sharam)
-Deadmau5
-Dirty Vegas
-Dirty South
-Eric Prydz (also search his label Pryda)
-Erick Morillo
-Fedde le Grand
-Felix da Housecat
-Frankie Knuckles
-Freemasons
-Gabriel and Dresden (no longer together but they have done tons of shit together, you can also search Josh Gabriel or Dave Dresden.)
-Hernan Cattaneo
-Hed Kandi
-James Zabiela
-Jerry Ropero
-Joachim Garaud
-John Dahlback
-j.u.s.t.i.c.e
-Kaskade
-Laidback Luke
-Martin Solveig
-Miguel Migs
-Murk
-Pete Tong
-Robbie Rivera
-Roger Sanchez
-Rui da Silva
-Satoshi Tomiie
-Sander Kleinenberg
-Stonebridge
-Steve Angello )you can also search Angello and Ingrosso)
-Sebastian Ingrosso
-Steve Lawler
-Utah Saints

now, my cookie for alphabetical order j/k just had it arranged by name in my music folder, i may be missing more that are in my other ext harddrive from way back when but thats the gist of House music, almost all extremes of it too, tribal, vocal, progressive, deep, electro bla bla bla it's almost endless. Pete Tong's essential mix will usually give you the most up and coming house tracks.

Pick some! :thumbsup:

Isaiah
11-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

-Armin van Helden +1

-Bob Sinclair ???

-Carl Cox +1

-Danny Tenaglia +100

-Deep Dish (you can also search Dubfire and Sharam) +1

-Erick Morillo +1

-Hernan Cattaneo STRONG +1

-Pete Tong +1

-Steve Lawler +1

Pick some! :thumbsup:

OP, narrowed it down for you a bit.

JfuckinC
11-13-2008, 03:51 PM
housetime.fm
DI.fm - electro house

Thats where i get lots of ideas.. sometimes there will be a crappy DJ on so it will be sucky, and other times its amazing.

n1zm0
11-13-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah
-Bob Sinclair ???

OP, narrowed it down for you a bit.

you've never heard of Bob Sinclair?

in truth OP you're going to have to choose which type(s) of house genres you like, Isaiah stated all really good artists but they are all different, like Danny Tenaglia i would say is progressive-dirty/tribal house, then you get your David Guetta progressive-vocal club killer type of house.

some DJs wouldnt be caught dead playing another type of house while others play everything in between, find out what makes your neck hairs tingle when you hear it for the first time to see what you like, believe me some songs can do that :D

Isaiah
11-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Bob Sinclair as in "feel the love generation"?

01RedDX
11-13-2008, 04:17 PM

Spoons
11-13-2008, 05:54 PM
Lisa Lashes is easily one of my most favourite House artists ever.

I'm still super pissed I lost her Lashed album.

herragge
11-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Deadmau5.
Markus Shultz.
'nuff said.

Oldskool
11-13-2008, 06:53 PM
In my opinion.

I don't ever really like absolutly everything that one artist puts out, for the most part I like a song here, a song there. Some artists that put out my favorite music would be Armin Van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Paul Van Dyke, Deadmau5.

I'm not a big fan of Tiesto's song's that he composes, but I do love his 'in search of sunrise' albums, where he remix's other songs, or just pulls out other peoples songs.

mrcoolawesome
11-13-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

you've never heard of Bob Sinclair?

in truth OP you're going to have to choose which type(s) of house genres you like, Isaiah stated all really good artists but they are all different, like Danny Tenaglia i would say is progressive-dirty/tribal house, then you get your David Guetta progressive-vocal club killer type of house.

some DJs wouldnt be caught dead playing another type of house while others play everything in between, find out what makes your neck hairs tingle when you hear it for the first time to see what you like, believe me some songs can do that :D

Well, I like techno songs with lots of bass. I really like that old song Kernkraft 400 too, songs like that. Thanks again.

Dave P
11-13-2008, 07:53 PM
Its bob sinclar for god sake hahah

redrose
11-16-2008, 07:19 PM
bob sinclair - world hold on
awesome track

msommers
11-17-2008, 08:25 PM
This thread is exactly what I've been looking for. I love trance/house but really don't know any artists or sub-genres of each lol. I just pick up mix CDs, some State of Trance and Ultra Trance (I think 4 strings does some of them) and just enjoy. There was a sweet HiFi group on facebook that listed a bunch of local Djs that had great stuff as well, but it seems to be lost now. Just keep posting names! Or some of your fav songs of trance or house. I'm already on a searching spree (and spending spree on amazon lol)

kerry
11-18-2008, 02:51 AM
Check out anyone on Anjunabeats. One of my favorite labels.

6thGen.TUNER
11-19-2008, 04:59 PM
Anjuna 6 is off the hook so is A state of trance 2008, ferry corstens -twice in a blue moon and markus shultz the progression progressed..... check the link above there are more I posted in there.

http://forum.arminvanbuuren.com/index.php?showtopic=13016 Heres a list of masssive trance tunes this year.

mrcoolawesome
11-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by redrose
bob sinclair - world hold on
awesome track
That is a good song. What are some good mix albums?

n1zm0
11-20-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by mrcoolawesome

That is a good song. What are some good mix albums?

mix album is a really vague term, do you mean various artist kinda stuff, like Dance Mix 96' :rofl:

or an artists album?

n1zm0
02-08-2009, 08:51 PM
oops

DJ Lazy
02-08-2009, 09:20 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/251928/jdigital-vs-glassball-psy-fi-full-on-february-2009/

:D