PDA

View Full Version : Corkage fees???

ekguy
11-13-2008, 12:41 AM
I know Beat Niq charges a corkage fee which means I can bring my own wine. Are there any other places in Calgary that will let ya bring a nice bottle of wine of your own there???

And what is entailed in the corkage fee??? Will they still open your bottle for you and everything??? I have very specific taste in wine and most places don't carry Chassela Blanc. Or even Pinot Gris. Most places just have the regular wines so and so from the Okanagan or Australian wines which are fine but I wouldn't mind going for dinner somewhere and paying the corkage fee to bring a bottle of something I know I will enjoy...

Any thoughts...

dannie
11-13-2008, 01:00 AM
Off the top of my head; Escoba, The Met, Wildwood, Mercato, Chianti, Teatro and Cilantro all have Pinot Gris. Unless its a special occasion, bringing your own isnt usually common practice here....

colsankey
11-13-2008, 01:14 AM
I think most restraunts are happy to accomadate you if you want to bring in your own bottle of wine, but sometimes the corkage fees make you want to go :eek:

If theres somewhere you want to go, just give them a call.. each place will be diffrent anyways.

ekguy
11-13-2008, 01:18 AM
Well Beat Niq charges 15$ which is a joke since a bottle there would be much more...But I wouldn't just be drinking wine so I would pay the corkage fee and probably buy a few drinks there as well...Just with dinner I like to have a bottle I know and like versus paying 100$ plus for a bottle that may or may not be good.