PDA

View Full Version : Anyone at back alley last night??

JfuckinC
11-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Some kid got one punched, and as he was going down broke his leg super bad and his foot was like backwards! Then he like layed there KO'ed for half an hour until EMS came.. it was fuckin wack! felt so bad for the guy. Apparently at one point he had stop breathing.. one of the bouncers was also an EMS i think so they took care of it....
Man it was fuckin wierd to see though.. i've seen alot of fights and alot of people get hurt, but this was just fuckin wierd!
I'm just wondering what happened to the guy after they took him..

mdeluxe
11-13-2008, 11:02 AM
im not surprised that shit goes down there, so grungy there lately (or all the time i mean).

+1 hope the guy is ok.

5000Audi
11-13-2008, 11:08 AM
back ally FTL.... never go there...such a gong show..

+2 for guy being alright

civic_stylez
11-13-2008, 11:09 AM
i was standing like 5 feet away when it happened.. i have never seen a human leg look like that and after playing hockey and racing DH mountain bike, i have seen some really bad injuries but that was the worst. I felt bad for the guy too... his leg really was like a pretzel....

JfuckinC
11-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
i was standing like 5 feet away when it happened.. i have never seen a human leg look like that and after playing hockey and racing DH mountain bike, i have seen some really bad injuries but that was the worst. I felt bad for the guy too... his leg really was like a pretzel....

wasnt it fucked how he just layed there though?? i dunno, he must have been in shock or something.. :(

BigShow
11-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Why would it take EMS 30 mins to get there? That is a pathetic response time for someone who isnt breathing.

HyperZell
11-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by mdeluxe
im not surprised that shit goes down there, so grungy there lately (or all the time i mean).

+1 hope the guy is ok.

Now do you see why I keep telling you not to go there? Because you can't help but punch kids in the face!

mdeluxe
11-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by HyperZell

Now do you see why I keep telling you not to go there? Because you can't help but punch kids in the face!

its whos quicker to sucker punch someone else.. sooo brutal.

reiRei
11-13-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by BigShow
Why would it take EMS 30 mins to get there? That is a pathetic response time for someone who isnt breathing.

I live down the street from the hospital, we called for an ambulance when my dad was experiencing trouble breathing, had stomach problems.. and he suffers from High Blood Pressure.. we waited for 20 Minutes for an Ambulance to come from the PLC at 3 AM

Chris88CL
11-13-2008, 02:56 PM
Yup, welcome to Calgary. There are times when there are 7-8 buses on the road for the entire city. The rest are tied up at scenes or in the hallways waiting for their patients to get a bed before they can get back out on the road.

civic_stylez
11-13-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

wasnt it fucked how he just layed there though?? i dunno, he must have been in shock or something.. :(

at first when he wasnt breathing, i seriously thought he was dead.... people were freaking out... i know its not EMS's fault but I couldnt believe how many cops were there and EMS still took 30+ mins to get there...

Speedy
11-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Must have been a bad night for EMS to have such a long response time, they will call a code red when no ambulances are available to respond to calls and you will be surprised how often it happens with the long hallway wait times.

They have enacted some new procedures to try and reduce the wait times like you no longer have a choice what hospital you go to, its all computer controlled now...you could have an accident in front of the rockyview and if there is free beds at the foot that's where you are going.

It had some problems in the beginning but it seems to be making a difference now.

If there was no fire pump there then the city must have been jumping with medical calls last night.

Hopefully the guy has a quick recovery.

JfuckinC
11-13-2008, 03:27 PM

at first when he wasnt breathing, i seriously thought he was dead.... people were freaking out... i know its not EMS's fault but I couldnt believe how many cops were there and EMS still took 30+ mins to get there...

it's an eye opener eh. just one punch..
Ya EMS clearly wasnt taking there time or anything, but its just suprising.

Do you know what actually happened? i was just chillin and this kid like superman punched the other guy and ran i think? i don't remember, i was bombed.

HyperZell
11-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by mdeluxe

its whos quicker to sucker punch someone else.. sooo brutal.

That's why you gotta bring a chair with you...

mdeluxe
11-13-2008, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by HyperZell

That's why you gotta bring a chair with you...

you mean two chairs, one to throw at someone and one to sit on

BigShow
11-13-2008, 03:42 PM
In regards to EMS response time, I have nothing but respect for them and I appreciate the constraints our city has, etc.

but its still hard to swallow!

Out of curiousity, what were Back Alley staff doing to handle the situation?

JfuckinC
11-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by BigShow
In regards to EMS response time, I have nothing but respect for them and I appreciate the constraints our city has, etc.

but its still hard to swallow!

Out of curiousity, what were Back Alley staff doing to handle the situation?

I agree, i'm sure it takes alot of mental and physical strain to be EMS, great people.

The back ally staff was standing around looking at the guy, one random dude was like supporting the guys head, and one back alley guy was checking his vitals and shit, like i said one bouncer told me the bouncer attending to the guy was EMS also. I dunno, they handled the situation as best they could i guess. the cops didnt do a thing really lol.. but i guess it was kind of under control when they came.

sneek
12-18-2008, 03:59 AM
Any one catch that fight at Back Alley tonight?

That was pretty intense. In summary some guy and a girl were going at it pretty intensely. The girl was actually holding her own pretty well, but her head was bleeding quite a bit. She got blood on A LOT of people. The girl I was dancing with got pretty upset that she had some random girls blood all over her arm.

I have no idea why a guy would ever try to fight a girl..but wow super classy on that guys part. :facepalm:

Dumbass17
12-18-2008, 07:44 AM
ugh
this stuff just makes going out sketchy
you never know when you might get randomly punched/stabbed/shot etc....but you also can't live our social life in fear :banghead:

i wonder what the new years celebrations will bring
maybe i'll just get drunk in my basement.....alone haha

best of luck to the dude's recovery

civic_stylez
12-18-2008, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by sneek
Any one catch that fight at Back Alley tonight?

That was pretty intense. In summary some guy and a girl were going at it pretty intensely. The girl was actually holding her own pretty well, but her head was bleeding quite a bit. She got blood on A LOT of people. The girl I was dancing with got pretty upset that she had some random girls blood all over her arm.

I have no idea why a guy would ever try to fight a girl..but wow super classy on that guys part. :facepalm:

one thing ive noticed more recently is girls are really becoming the aggressors... i mean who doesnt like to watch a good cat fight from time to time but girls know that guys wont hit them back... i have seen alot of girls swinging at guys ( alot of them deserve it) but man, these girls are getting violent!!

Eleanor
12-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Wow, another fight at a bar?

NO WAI!

Tik-Tok
12-18-2008, 10:50 AM

one thing ive noticed more recently is girls are really becoming the aggressors... i mean who doesnt like to watch a good cat fight from time to time but girls know that guys wont hit them back... i have seen alot of girls swinging at guys ( alot of them deserve it) but man, these girls are getting violent!!

The worse part, is if a random "chivalrous" meathead sees a guy throwing a punch at said violent girl, the guy's gonna get his head knocked off, even though the girl started the shit.

supe
12-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Sounds like the zombies are attacking already...