PDA

View Full Version : Diets

Gorilla
11-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Any one have any FAT Loss, Build Mass Diets that they would like to share?

wiggaplz
11-13-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Gorilla
Any one have any FAT Loss, Build Mass Diets that they would like to share?

lol you can't do both...it's either lose some fat, or gain some mass.

JWL
11-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by wiggaplz

Yep I agree... you might want to gain mass first before losing the weight. Then again, it all depends on what your true goals are. Weight gain or fat loss.

wiggaplz
11-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by JWL

Yep I agree... you might want to gain mass first before losing the weight. Then again, it all depends on what your true goals are. Weight gain or fat loss.

me personally, i'd gain as much muscle as possible. do a heavy compound lifting regimen for a couple months, gain about 10 lbs, lose some fat and instead gain muscle, AND then start to cut.

that's in theory....what body builders do. They're experts at gaining/losing weight.

mdeluxe
11-13-2008, 01:14 PM
its possible to do both, but you need to be on a very strict diet. Id say talk to a trainer at your gym and they can right you up a tailored diet, but it will cost you some coin

wiggaplz
11-13-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by mdeluxe
its possible to do both, but you need to be on a very strict diet. Id say talk to a trainer at your gym and they can right you up a tailored diet, but it will cost you some coin

or you can look up some information regarding this on the internet, for a grand total of 0$

seriosuly...who the fuck hires PT's these days?

mdeluxe
11-13-2008, 01:32 PM

or you can look up some information regarding this on the internet, for a grand total of 0$

seriosuly...who the fuck hires PT's these days?

I agree I would never, it was just a thought. The best place to figure out a good diet is online!

kutt3r
11-13-2008, 02:01 PM
It is possible, but it is tough & slow... My best luck has been with the 'Anabolic Diet' (keto type).
Currently I am on low carb (not keto low...75-100g/day with 2-3 cheat meals) and that is working fine for me as 30g carb kills me.

So far:
3 months > Down 2%bf LBM up 4#'s.
This is daily measurement in the mornings averaged out over a week. BF measured daily with a handheld and weekly with calipers. This has also been with limited suppliments (fish oil, multi, ECA stack cycled every 2weeks, buzz saw every other 2 weeks while off ECA)

8-10% more bf to go before St. Kitts :D

Another book I enjoyed was 'Burn the fat, Feed the Muscle' both have 'E' versions that can found if one looks hard enough, but they are both worth the $$$.

Oh and go to a dietitian for diet information...they are well worth it if you are just starting out.

Gorilla
11-13-2008, 02:59 PM

Thats not what I meant.. I wanted to know if you had one or another.

GQBalla
11-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by kutt3r
It is possible, but it is tough & slow... My best luck has been with the 'Anabolic Diet' (keto type).
Currently I am on low carb (not keto low...75-100g/day with 2-3 cheat meals) and that is working fine for me as 30g carb kills me.

it the 75 - 100 g of carbs a day with or without the cheat meals?

caus e damn even that is impressive.

i might try to start a keto diet in february but damn i dunno if i can even go under 30 g's of carbs a day let a lone 1 meal... this anabolic diet interests me care to post more details?

kutt3r
11-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

it the 75 - 100 g of carbs a day with or without the cheat meals?

caus e damn even that is impressive.

i might try to start a keto diet in february but damn i dunno if i can even go under 30 g's of carbs a day let a lone 1 meal... this anabolic diet interests me care to post more details?

That is regular intake... cheat meals are usually pasta and dessert.. still love the stuff....I still go out for dinner/lunch etc... and I like to enjoy myself, I am fine with blowing a couple meals completely. I am not hardcore enough to think I want to get to 2%bf, I am happy with 10-11%. Just about all carbs are morning/lunch, remembering that you can subtract fibre from carbs for a total number....

LOL under 30g carbs sucked so bad for me the first week until I got to loading... you get used to it (napped a lot) and you eventually feel bloated eating carbs..well I did. I only lasted about 3 months as I was sick of eating full fat hamburger and cheese...but the results were great, and the colesterol actually lowered a tad.. (I was concerned about the diet so I had my doc run full blood work up before and after)

You can torrent Anabolic Diet and you should find the e-book, its a few hundred pages... hard to summarize everything.

GQBalla
11-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Great thanks Kutt3r

civic_rida
11-13-2008, 07:53 PM
i think the lowest a person can get down to is 3 or 4 percent bodyfat

wiggaplz
11-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by civic_rida
yup that's what a bodybuilder gets down to, which the average person with average genetics has about a zero chance of ever achieving.

plus, bbers are masters of gaining/losing weight. Masters...i don't think i'll ever get below 7 or 8 lol lol.

mdeluxe
11-14-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by civic_rida

maybe run that by Lee Priest and see what hes at during competition

civic_rida
11-14-2008, 02:49 PM
For men, the minimum amount of body fat to stay alive is 2 to 4 percent. The lean range of body fat typically found in athletes is 6 to 13 percent, while the ideal body fat range is 14 17 percent. The average male has 18 to 25 percent body fat, and anything at or above 25 percent is considered to be overweight or obese

civic_rida
11-14-2008, 02:52 PM
http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4566478_person-calculate-body-fat-percentage.html

Oz-
11-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Look around for a Recomposition, Timed Carbed Diet or even a half Timed Carbed Diet. A few good ones for sure.

kutt3r
11-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Sarcasm lost....??

Diet thread.... not bf%....

*sigh*

:dunno:

Paleo
Zone... couple more to keep on topic...

broken_legs
11-14-2008, 04:51 PM
TKD - Targeted Ketogenic Diet.

Stay below 20-30g of carbs per day, but eat a measured amount of high impact carbs before your work outs so you have enough strength to lift heavy for growing muscle yet can stay in Ketosis

civic_rida
11-14-2008, 05:10 PM
one muscle milk shake has 19 grams of carbs