PDA

View Full Version : Dog Crap.. Pick up after your own dog!!

hampstor
11-13-2008, 11:31 PM
For the people that own dogs, please - pick up your dog shit. Bring a bag with you, pick it up.

I like dogs, but it's fucking nasty when some peoples dogs shits on my lawn repeatedly and kills my grass. Not to mention i have to clean it up.

------------------
Dog Poop – Stinky & Dangerous
Stepping in dog poop is not only disgusting and smelly, it's dangerous. Did you know that the parasites and bacteria found in dog feces can be transmitted to people and pets, causing significant health problems? Bylaw Officers will be patrolling Calgary parks and streets this summer looking for people who don't pick up after their pets.

"Two new officers have been hired on a short-term basis to help patrol areas of concern", says Bill Bruce, director of Animal & Bylaw Services.

"There will be no first warnings issued and the old 'I don't have a bag' excuse will not be accepted."

The fine for not picking up after your pet is $250.

Keep your eyes on www.calgary.ca/animalservices for details on upcoming poop bag giveaways.

http://www.calgary.ca/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_723832_0_0_18/Dog+Poop+Stinky+and+Dangerous.htm

HP2133
11-13-2008, 11:40 PM
is this for real ?

-BAKFAN-
11-13-2008, 11:44 PM
Get laid or something man.. u need to relax

GT.....O?
11-13-2008, 11:46 PM
where do you live,
i might just go and borrow my friends dog(just because i dont have my own) and shit on your lawn just to laugh at you

and then i might shit on it myself :rofl:

Oldskool
11-13-2008, 11:50 PM
Wow, lots of hate.

People who don't pick up after their dog annoy me, i mean its just gross. I usually 'remind' people to pick up after their dog if they happen to miss catching their dog in the act, or just plain old don't care. Its surprising how upset some people get when you ask them to do something that they're supposed to do.

Isaiah
11-14-2008, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by HP2133
is this for real ?
Yes.

Originally posted by -BAKFAN-
What's wrong with you?

Originally posted by GT.....O?
where do you live,
i might just go fuck my friends dog(just because i dont have my own) and shit on my girlfriend just for fun

and then i might shit on myself :rofl:
Enough said.

This isn't a joke. Irresponsible pet owners make me sick. Don't be selfish. If you don't pick up after your pet you're just as bad as your pet.

GT.....O?
11-14-2008, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Isaiah

Yes.

What's wrong with you?

Enough said.

This isn't a joke. Irresponsible pet owners make me sick. Don't be selfish. If you don't pick up after your pet you're just as bad as your pet.

cool i guess,

its called a joke, try looking that one up in the dictionary. relax

hampstor
11-14-2008, 12:10 AM
where do you live,
i might just go and borrow my friends dog(just because i dont have my own) and shit on your lawn just to laugh at you

Are you sure you haven't shit on my lawn already? See pic below.

Yes, I really took a pic of the shit I collected off my lawn tonight. I do this weekly, usually on Thursdays before garbage night so I can throw it out with my garbage. Unfortunately, this nice lil collection was from Monday to today. Some of this comes from a big dog, or someone is really taking a shit on my lawn.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk71/hampstor/photo1.jpg

1997GSR
11-14-2008, 12:10 AM
:werd: to the OP

Isaiah
11-14-2008, 12:15 AM

cool i guess,

Joke definition (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/joke)

I really don't see how your lame shit applies.

Melinda
11-14-2008, 12:16 AM
I feel for you, Minh! I cant stand people who decide to get a dog yet take no responsibility to do what LEGALLY needs to be done to take care of it. Good god people, get a life. He has a new son at home, how great is it that because of people's blatent neglect, him and his family walk through their own yard to get to their home and end up bringing dog shit parasites into the house with his wife, son and two cats wandering around? And he's the one that needs to get laid? Good grief, the immaturity around here astonishes me.

:banghead:

mrcoolawesome
11-14-2008, 12:17 AM
This is funny.

Schwa
11-14-2008, 12:24 AM

cool i guess,

GT.....FO.

rc2002
11-14-2008, 12:36 AM
I side with the OP. If you're going to own a dog, you should take the responsibility that comes with it. There's dog crap in the alley right outside my garage, and it's not from just once - it's multiple times. I've almost stepped in it and driven over it when pulling my car out.

I almost thought about putting some rat poison wrapped in bacon (or similar) out there.

TomcoPDR
11-14-2008, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

I almost thought about putting some rat poison wrapped in bacon (or similar) out there.

Don't forget some cool, refreshing antifreeze in unmarked container left on city street property line.

Anyways, I concor what you're saying OP... Aside from the (not going to happen unless pushed to the limits tactics), I say you should stake out and report the bitch owners.

Hate it when bitches leave their shit for people to clean up.

hampstor
11-14-2008, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Don't forget some cool, refreshing antifreeze in unmarked container left on city street property line.

Anyways, I concor what you're saying OP... Aside from the (not going to happen unless pushed to the limits tactics), I say you should stake out and report the bitch owners.

Hate it when bitches leave their shit for people to clean up.

I'm not looking to punish the dogs, its not like they know it's wrong or anything. It's the fuckin owners...

I talked to a few of the dog owners that walk by my place regularly. I'm fairly neighborly and we shoot the shit, sometimes have a beer in my garage too. Some of those guys pickup other people's dog shit off my lawn as well when they go by.

Aside from bylaw enforcement coming by regularly, not really much I can do without harming the dogs.

kenny
11-14-2008, 01:40 AM
What you should do is figure out who it is, and follow them back to their house. Then, collect up a big bucket of shit and deliver it right in front of their door.

YamahaV8
11-14-2008, 07:48 AM
where do you live,

Douche bag.

Kona9
11-14-2008, 08:36 AM

cool i guess,

Clearly, you can see an age difference between yourself and the OP. It is called responsibilty. Apparently you have no concept of that. Your mother probably still makes your lunch so STFU!

I live in a corner lot in Killarney. People do this to me as well. Not nearly as much as the OP, but enough that it makes me want to catch them in the act and deal accordingly.

The second worst part are the retards that pick it up in a bag, and throw the bag on my garbage rack in the alley. Whatever is not bagged (garbage bags) the City won't take it. Therefore I am still cleaning up their dog shit! :banghead:

Oh the fine day once I catch them. :thumbsup:

As for rat poison comments. NOT COOL! No matter how much it pisses you off. As mentioned before, the dog doesn't know better. It's instinct unless the owner has done it's job in the training dept. I would sling shot rat poison down ones throat if I found out someone did that to a dog.

Good luck with the resolution Hampstor!

kertejud2
11-14-2008, 08:41 AM
I side with the OP. If you're going to own a dog, you should take the responsibility that comes with it. There's dog crap in the alley right outside my garage, and it's not from just once - it's multiple times. I've almost stepped in it and driven over it when pulling my car out.

Why kill the dog? Its just taking a crap, its natural. Its the owner who is the douchebag.

ZeroGravity
11-14-2008, 08:41 AM
I have two dogs and I want neither myself nor my dogs stepping into feces left behind by others. I don't know why other owners don't pick up after their dogs. And as daylight hours get shorter, the more feces you will find in the park and walking paths. It is sad. I now wear one of those head light when I walk my dogs just so that I can avoid stepping in other's feces and make it an easier job for me to pick up after mine.

I understand how the OP and others like him feel. But just afraid that if one day someone decides to do something bad / malicious in return... an innocent dog and owner might be the victim.

nobb
11-14-2008, 08:48 AM
Yea I always see dog crap in Kincora. Posting on Beyond isnt really going to do anything though. If I were in your shoes Id probably take one of my old computers + webcam and setup surveillance for a week, then post the pics of the irresponsible owner all over Kincora.

EM1FTW
11-14-2008, 08:51 AM
My old neighbors used to let their dog out into the alley to shit. I would always end up stepping in it or driving over it.

So I started going out there one afternoon a week with a shovel, scooping up the shit and flinging it over their fence. Needless to say the dog stopped pooping out there.

semograd
11-14-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by nobb
Yea I always see dog crap in Kincora. Posting on Beyond isnt really going to do anything though. If I were in your shoes Id probably take one of my old computers + webcam and setup surveillance for a week, then post the pics of the irresponsible owner all over Kincora.

+1

SJW
11-14-2008, 09:07 AM
I had the same thing happen in Cranston. I have a corner lot too. What I did is put up a note that said the following:

DO NOT LET YOUR DOG CRAP ON MY LAWN
I KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE
NEXT TIME YOU DO IT YOU'LL FIND IT ON YOUR
FRONT DOORSTEP OR SOME OTHER "FUN" LOCATION
ON YOUR PROPERTY OR CAR.

It stopped happening shortly thereafter.

hampstor
11-14-2008, 09:28 AM

hampstor
11-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by nobb

I never said I was posting on beyond to do something about it - I actually alluded to the fact I was going to call bylaw services.

This morning I called bylaw services, they needed to know this info:

1) If i know where the dog owner lives
2) If i have the license plate of the owner's vehicle
3) Time of day this happens

I know when this happens - so now they're going to within 1 day start sending bylaw officers out to watch for the owners who are letting their dogs just shit on my lawn. They give priority to those who have more than 1 dog shit on their lawn.

Canmorite
11-14-2008, 09:35 AM
It's great in the spring when everything thaws and theres dog shit everywhere. :thumbsdow

Pick up after your pet!

em2ab
11-14-2008, 09:50 AM
Wait until they're in the middle of a pinch and turn the sprinklers on. That's how I get rid of the windshield cleaners downtown, I just turn on the washer fluid.

bubbley
11-14-2008, 09:53 AM
I never pick up dogs crap..its good for the grass..dog piss kills the grass

BerserkerCatSplat
11-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by HP2133
is this for real ?

Originally posted by -BAKFAN-

where do you live,

08's and an 07 represent! :facepalm:

Melinda
11-14-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

08's and an 07 represent! :facepalm:
Another example of how noobs think they need to be dickheads for people to notice them on here. :rolleyes:

hampstor
11-14-2008, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by bubbley

Really? Well if it's good for the grass, you should pick it up off my lawn and put it on your grass then. :rolleyes:

Penis McNickels
11-14-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Melinda

Another example of how noobs think they need to be dickheads for people to notice them on here. :rolleyes:

What's wrong with being a dickhead?

anarchy
11-14-2008, 10:07 AM

:whipped:

I have a dog and agree with the OP that responsible dog owners should pick up after their pets, but PLEASE don't encourage poisoning the dogs. It's not their fault, it's the owners' fault.

There are a lot of other alternatives and solutions to this problem then potentially killing someone's pet.

Eleanor
11-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Schwa
GT.....FO.
I lol'd :rofl:

rc2002
11-14-2008, 10:13 AM
Yeah that's why I said I almost thought about it.

Maybe some ex-lax for dogs would work better. The dog would have diahorrea in the owner's house. Then they'd learn about cleaning up the mess. When I have a chance, I'm going to call up a vet and see where I can get my hands on some.

bubbley
11-14-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by hampstor

Really? Well if it's good for the grass, you should pick it up off my lawn and put it on your grass then. :rolleyes:

nope im not into grass and landscaping and all that cool stuff.. google dog shit compost

Kritafo
11-14-2008, 10:20 AM
yes..dog poop is a fertilizer, you can compost your dog poop is great fertilizer for your ornamentals. Just don't compost your dog poop with your regular compost. They sell dog crap composters, or you can bury a bin. Make sure they don't go near water supply or your fruits and veggie patches. We fee our dog organic so it's a great to compost.

http://www.uaf.edu/coop-ext/compost/dogs.html

D'z Nutz
11-14-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by kenny
What you should do is figure out who it is, and follow them back to their house. Then, collect up a big bucket of shit and deliver it right in front of their door.

Yeah that's why I said I almost thought about it.

Maybe some ex-lax for dogs would work better. The dog would have diahorrea in the owner's house. Then they'd learn about cleaning up the mess. When I have a chance, I'm going to call up a vet and see where I can get my hands on some.

These ideas I like.

gretz
11-14-2008, 10:24 AM
easy solution - make ribs one night - take all the fat from boiling.....
Let the dogs eat that - its almost involuntary.

i found out the hard way with my 2 monsters

codetrap
11-14-2008, 10:26 AM
ting some rat poison wrapped in bacon (or similar) out there.

It's comments like this that piss me off. If my dog got sick and/or died from someone leaving poison out, I'd make it my mission in life to find out who did it, and stuff same poison down thier throats. I'm very glad I trained my dog to not be a road mop.

Originally posted by bubbley

This statement is partially true. Dog pee because it's so high in nitrogen it burns the grass. Dog feces are bad for the grass because of the same reasons. This is a common misconception usually bought on by the fact that farmers use manure for fertilizer.. poo is poo right.. wrong. In order for the feces of a carnivorous animal to be used as fertilizer, it has to be composted with other materials, and allowed to break down over time. Leaving it on the grass will just kill the grass.

Now, as a responsible dog owner, I DO pick up my dogs crap, even though I have a weak stomach for that stuff and I usually almost vomit myself. But I still do it, because it's not only the law, but because I wouldn't want that crap on my lawn either, so why would I allow that to happen to some innocent person.. now the prick down the street that keeps throwing his timmy's cup's out the window of his van.. that's another story. I'm training Gracie to make that particular lawn her favorite pee spot..

Canmorite
11-14-2008, 10:32 AM
"We're in the eye of the shiticane boys."

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/2048/mrlaheyej9.jpg

GOnSHO
11-14-2008, 10:39 AM
fuck it annoys me when people dont pick up after there pet!! my dog takes some pretty big craps, but i always pick them up, when i take him out for walks i take 3 bags with me, JUST incase..

mark4091
11-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Another important dog related item I would like to put on the list is for people to get a damn leash for their dogs. I'm tired of seeing dog's running around, starting to think they may be lost, then see the idiot owner 100 feet back around the corner. I'm willing to bet these are the guys that would blame you if the dog ran onto the road and you hit it.

It's always sketchy driving around these dogs, and they can always do many other thing's while their owner isn't around to control them. If your in a residential area get a leash.

SScott
11-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Everyday afterwork i take my dog for a walk through a park that people use as their dog's personal toilet, its like walking in a fucking mine field, sometimes i think i'm the only one picking up my dog's shit out there.

I wouldn't be able to handle some other dog shitting my lawn.

A dickhead in my Mom's neighborhood trained their dog to shit on her lawn, so she hucked all the shit back onto his :rofl:

hampstor
11-14-2008, 11:09 AM
I just got a call from animal services, they're going to go down Kincora Drive a couple times in the evening starting Monday now to check on it.

She also mentioned that in Jan, there's a new bylaw where they will fine dog owners if they can not show their dog shit bag as it shows intent not to clean up after their dog - a small $25 fine but they think it will make a difference

benyl
11-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Intent not to clean shit...

hahahhaha

A790
11-14-2008, 11:17 AM
She also mentioned that in Jan, there's a new bylaw where they will fine dog owners if they can not show their dog shit bag as it shows intent not to clean up after their dog - a small $25 fine but they think it will make a difference
LOVE IT! That's a fantastic preventative measure.

hampstor
11-14-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by benyl
Intent not to clean shit...

hahahhaha

The way she was talking to me on the phone you'd think it was murder or something :rofl:

'We will be patrolling your area around these times, if you see any defecation on your lawn take a picture immediately, follow the owner and phone us. We will take care of it'

I was like ... 'uhhh... im not going to follow people around with a camera. That's a bit weird.'

D'z Nutz
11-14-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by A790

Not really. After the first time they get caught, they'll just carry the same bag with them when they take their dogs out even if they don't intend to use it. They'll only carry it so they don't have to pay a fine.

anarchy
11-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Not really. After the first time they get caught, they'll just carry the same bag with them when they take their dogs out even if they don't intend to use it. They'll only carry it so they don't have to pay a fine.

Although it may not be 100% effective, I think it will still work to some extent as a lot of dog owners don't do it simply because they forget or are too lazy to grab a bag.

This will at least force them to carry a bag around, and if it encourages at least some owners to use it, then it's better than nothing!

clem24
11-14-2008, 02:09 PM
I totally sympathize with OP. I hate it when dog owners don't pick up after their dogs. And it happens a lot in my neighborhood. It doesn't seem to matter who the owner is, though I do find that often younger people (like < 25) are most guilty. And it's especially bad if it's on common dog walking paths cause a lot of times my own dogs will step in it. Just too many times I see dog walkers without bags. Makes me mad.

And the bit about poisoning dogs... It's the dogs, it's the owner. If you must, give the owners a batch of poisoned cookies instead.

And hey.. With the $25 fine... sure why not. It's better than nothing. Except instead of $25 or the $250 fine for not picking up after their dog, they should have either a small fine or NO fine and instead be sentenced to do community service -- picking up left over dog poop from parks and people's yard.

Tik-Tok
11-14-2008, 02:22 PM
If you live in Kincora and own a corner lot like me, you know what I mean.

A friend of mine also has a corner lot in Kincora. He spent a lot of time outside his first summer there, just to catch people doing it. He just politely asked them to stop, as it's his property to take care of, even though it's on the city side of the fence.

He doesn't get many people doing it these days, but I guess it's because they all go down to your corner lot. :rofl:

TomcoPDR
11-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by codetrap

It's comments like this that piss me off.

Aside from the (not going to happen unless pushed to the limits tactics), I say you

Don't take me outta context dude. :thumbsdow

Kinda ironic you getting "pissed" if someone did blah blah blah to ur dogs... but when someone else rants about dog owners shitting on their lawn nobody's allow to make a COMMENT :dunno: (so you're allow to shove poision down someone's throat???)

So what's ur solution to this, you gonna help the OP find the dog owners? Then what are YOU or "suggest" the OP do? Shit in the owner's house? (eye for an eye right, using your shove poison back down someone's throat)

Tik-Tok
11-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by A790

Yeah, but our dog doesn't shit on walks. In 7 years he's only shit off our property twice, and both times I stood there while my wife went home to get a bag.

Rstar
11-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Maybe you made somebody mad and they're getting back at you via dog crap. Thats a pretty irregular amount of crap unless you live in a dog park.

Isaiah
11-14-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Rstar
Maybe you made somebody mad and they're getting back at you via dog crap. Thats a pretty irregular amount of crap unless you live in a dog park.

Is that what you do to your enemies? You train your dogs to defecate on their lawn. Your suggestion seems a touch unreasonable.

Amysicle
11-14-2008, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Kritafo
yes..dog poop is a fertilizer, you can compost your dog poop is great fertilizer for your ornamentals. Just don't compost your dog poop with your regular compost. They sell dog crap composters, or you can bury a bin. Make sure they don't go near water supply or your fruits and veggie patches. We fee our dog organic so it's a great to compost.

http://www.uaf.edu/coop-ext/compost/dogs.html Yeah, but if you don't even own a dog why should you have to spend your own hard earned money and time to clean up after some dipshit's dog?

It's kind of the whole principle of the thing. If you're going to have a pet, any pet, you should do the responsible thing and take care of it including cleaning up after it.

Edit: Not aimed at you specificly, just the people who think leaving dog shit around on public and other people's property is no big deal. It makes me want to throw the dog shit at them if I ever catch them in the act.

codetrap
11-15-2008, 03:42 PM

Don't take me outta context dude. :thumbsdow

Kinda ironic you getting &quot;pissed&quot; if someone did blah blah blah to ur dogs... but when someone else rants about dog owners shitting on their lawn nobody's allow to make a COMMENT :dunno: (so you're allow to shove poision down someone's throat???)

So what's ur solution to this, you gonna help the OP find the dog owners? Then what are YOU or &quot;suggest&quot; the OP do? Shit in the owner's house? (eye for an eye right, using your shove poison back down someone's throat)

I don't think that I took you out of context. You said it wouldn't happen unless pushed to the limits? but after those limits its ok to set out poison that some entirely innocent animal or child could drink. Having your dog poo on a lawn is one thing, but purposely setting out poison in an uncontrolled fashion is entirely another. Because of the nature of this medium, and the fact I don't know you personally, I don't know if this is something you could really do, or if you wouldn't think about the potential consequences of doing it. I have to take you at face value in your statement that you'd be willing to do something like this if pushed to the limits. Personally, I would NEVER do something like that, because it's not my nature to leave a loaded gun lying in the street where anyone can play with it. Now, having said all that, I'm completely on board with taking a shit on the guy's lawn that let their dog shit on mine. I do believe that people should have to reap what they sow, so if they inflict harm on someone, then that harm should come back to them in equivalent amount.

I don't have a proven solution, but one thing he could do is to attach a smoked plastic bubble to the front corner of his garage, like the camera kind, and put a small sign up along the lines of, "Area under Video Surveillance. Clean up your dog poo or face prosecution."

Also, I am a dog owner, and I still rant about other dog owners not picking up their shit. I don't like stepping in it any more than anyone else, and I will happily walk up to people who's dog just finished, say "Hello, here's a baggie for your dog's poo.", then stand there and watch them pick it up. I have poo bag holders attached to all my leashes, and the chariot, as well as my bike, and my wife's bike, in the car..... everywhere the dog goes.

TomcoPDR
11-16-2008, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by codetrap

I don't think that I took you out of context. You said it wouldn't happen unless pushed to the limits? but after those limits its ok to set out poison that some entirely innocent animal or child could drink. Having your dog poo on a lawn is one thing, but purposely setting out poison in an uncontrolled fashion is entirely another. Because of the nature of this medium, and the fact I don't know you personally, I don't know if this is something you could really do, or if you wouldn't think about the potential consequences of doing it. I have to take you at face value in your statement that you'd be willing to do something like this if pushed to the limits. Personally, I would NEVER do something like that, because it's not my nature to leave a loaded gun lying in the street where anyone can play with it. Now, having said all that, I'm completely on board with taking a shit on the guy's lawn that let their dog shit on mine. I do believe that people should have to reap what they sow, so if they inflict harm on someone, then that harm should come back to them in equivalent amount.

I don't have a proven solution, but one thing he could do is to attach a smoked plastic bubble to the front corner of his garage, like the camera kind, and put a small sign up along the lines of, &quot;Area under Video Surveillance. Clean up your dog poo or face prosecution.&quot;

Also, I am a dog owner, and I still rant about other dog owners not picking up their shit. I don't like stepping in it any more than anyone else, and I will happily walk up to people who's dog just finished, say &quot;Hello, here's a baggie for your dog's poo.&quot;, then stand there and watch them pick it up. I have poo bag holders attached to all my leashes, and the chariot, as well as my bike, and my wife's bike, in the car..... everywhere the dog goes.

Ok, good point and well said.

No, it was just a "let it roll" comment, not a face value... I don't have time to do much anyways.

Yes, then it's agreed, stake out and shit in that dog pooper owner's house... or a Beyond meet and everyone just shit on their lawn.

hampstor
03-05-2009, 01:14 AM
I noticed another thread about dogs barking and decided i'd update this one- before anyone jumps to conclusions, I have not physically seen a single dog shitting on my lawn/sidewalk since back in November. There is only dog shit and still lots of it, though the shit from the little dogs is less.

During the winter, people's dogs were shitting all over the sidewalk and not my yard (I was piling the snow on my yard). While shoveling the sidewalk, I started making big piles of it on the corner - i didn't take any pics this time...

My property is adjacent to ~8ft of city property between my fence and the sidewalk. With the snow melted, I was absolutely disgusted by how much shit was there. Maybe i'll take pics of this and post it later.

Reading back thru this thead, I made it sound like it was only my house that had this problem. The person on the other corner of the cul de sac has the same issue, and there is a ridiculous amount of shit along their sidewalk and by the mailbox. They stopped shoveling their sidewalk because of how disgusting it was.

Animal services did end up slapping a fine on one person, probably why there's less dog shit from small dogs.

Jonel
03-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Put a sign on your lawn; "This area is now monitored by a security camera - proceed at your own risk." And then make a fake camera from a box if you'd like and mount it. Just wanted to see if it'll work =P

kenny
04-01-2009, 10:23 AM
The City of Calgary is launching a new program to stop people from leaving their dog shit everywhere. They are building a DNA bank (all dog owners will have to submit stool samples when renewing their licenses).

They will be setting up DNA collection bins at parks so you can scoop up shit that someone has left on your lawn and send it into the city.

The owner of the dog will be sent a $500 fine.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2009/04/01/8960511-sun.html

:rofl:

benyl
04-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Dog shit CSI!!!!

bituerbo
04-01-2009, 10:43 AM
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9523/iloveyoumanh.jpg

Tik-Tok
04-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by kenny

They will be setting up DNA collection bins at parks so you can scoop up shit that someone has left on your lawn and send it into the city.

Sigh... if only it weren't april fools day :rofl:

Prelude_dude
04-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Sigh... if only it weren't april fools day :rofl:
Yea im starting to think that its fake too lol

"But another genetics expert, Dr. Jack Russell, questioned how successful the program will be."

The coincidence of Dr. Jack Russell?

Oldskool
04-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Prelude_dude

Yea im starting to think that its fake too lol

&quot;But another genetics expert, Dr. Jack Russell, questioned how successful the program will be.&quot;

The coincidence of Dr. Jack Russell?

There's no coincidence, Dr. Jack Russell was once a dog of that breed, but through genetic modification became one of the greatest dog scientists known to man.