[GaGe]
11-14-2008, 04:46 AM
And they have dimsum there now too. :drool:

ExtraSlow
11-14-2008, 08:28 AM
Atmosphere?

n1zm0
11-14-2008, 08:54 AM
BS, it should've stayed downtown in a new location, see what happens when you let other ethnic groups trespass into Chinatown, your building burns down lol j/k

but was that the determining cause that the shop downstairs had bad electrical?

GQBalla
11-14-2008, 09:50 AM
no wayyyy

thats awesome finally good chinese up in the NW

GQBalla
11-14-2008, 09:50 AM
no wayyyy

ga16i
11-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by [GaGe]
And they have dimsum there now too. :drool:

Is it open now? and what's the new address? They've had dimsum for quite some time while at the Chinatown location.

Kloubek
11-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Never heard of this place. I thought by the title this was about an Asian gang member vacating the NE in favor of a safer neighborhood..... :)

Artega
11-14-2008, 09:57 AM
damn it
why do they have to go so far?
but then they'll have free parking now
that should bring in more business

buh_buh
11-14-2008, 10:06 AM
mmmmm Bobby Chao... I haven't been there since he was working out of the hood :drool:

D'z Nutz
11-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Never heard of this place. I thought by the title this was about an Asian gang member vacating the NE in favor of a safer neighborhood..... :)

That's Bobby Chao's, not Bobby Chaos! And they started off in Forest Lawn, so if they could hack it there, they can hack it anywhere :rofl:

DJ_NAV
11-14-2008, 01:06 PM
hes in edgemont by the lower macs.. right next door to manhattans...

at first i thaught it was some no name guy opening a place.. but heard from my asian buddies that he is well known.

the location is kinda shitty imo.....

jwslam
11-18-2008, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by ga16i

Is it open now? and what's the new address? They've had dimsum for quite some time while at the Chinatown location.

yea it's at the bottom of the hill
across WHC where macs is
like if you go up 53rd st past john laurie (yes i know it's edgemont but i forget what the street is called)

^ yea i think that location is pretty shitty too
are they doing like U&Me where they open til like 4am? cuz THAT would make it an awesome hangout for NW

al-ti2d
11-18-2008, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by jwslam

are they doing like U&Me where they open til like 4am? cuz THAT would make it an awesome hangout for NW

only until the place gets shot up by gang members having beef with each other...:thumbsdow

FiveFreshFish
11-18-2008, 12:55 AM
Is that where Wok Inn is (or was)?

http://maps.google.ca/maps?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&q=calgary+wok+inn&fb=1&view=text&latlng=3562690935792143898#

gkAeris
11-18-2008, 11:26 AM
omg lol its even closer to you guys (rage2) now!!

van
11-18-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
mmmmm Bobby Chao... I haven't been there since he was working out of the hood :drool:

Yeah I haven't gone there since the time I went with you guys..wayyyy back in the day haha.. straight up hood style

turbotrip
11-18-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek

haha thats what i thought too. i read the title and thought who the hell is this bobby chaos character and why does he have to move to my neighborhood LOL

Neil4Speed
11-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by DJ_NAV

the location is kinda shitty imo.....

hmm, I don't think so, Edgemont is the largest neighborhood in Calgary and the NW is severely lacking good chinese.

Originally posted by al-ti2d

only until the place gets shot up by gang members having beef with each other...:thumbsdow

Funny Choice of Words

DJ_NAV
11-18-2008, 04:28 PM
^There are other locations that are better in NW. That strip mall is ghetto!!

cloud7
11-20-2008, 12:34 AM
How big is the new place? I hope it is smaller than their Chinatown restaurant... The best Bobby Chao's food I have ever tasted was when he was on 36 St SE in the ghetto. I think they just gotten too big and the quality of food went down hill.

It is good that they moved to Edgemont, it gives the other restaurant (next to Esso) some competition...

JordanAndrew
11-20-2008, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
no wayyyy

Yeah they have some good chinese for sure. I thought I'd also mention though that Peking Garden by shaganappi trail and varsity also has some awesome Chinese food. :thumbsup:

rage2
11-20-2008, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by cloud7
How big is the new place? I hope it is smaller than their Chinatown restaurant... The best Bobby Chao's food I have ever tasted was when he was on 36 St SE in the ghetto. I think they just gotten too big and the quality of food went down hill.
It's probably a tad bigger than their ghetto startup. I agree, BC's was awesome in Forest Lawn. We used to drive there daily for lunch haha.

jwslam
11-22-2008, 06:48 PM
so a brief summary of my experience this morning

the place is like 1/2 the chinatown place
and it's been open for a week

got there at 1120
sat at like 1157
didn't get out til 140ish

that place is DEFINITELY disorganized
our bill was lost after they sent out 5/14

then the owner said she'd look into it
after another 5 came we were there waiting again

i don't suggest going for another month til they're organized
but if and when you go definitely have the french baked oyster. it's $3.50 a pop but definitely worth it

on another note: we ordered 2 things to go on the bill. those came 15min after we got sat. so we should have just written to go on everything. haha

szw
11-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Since you're talking NW there is a really good Chinese restaurant called PAvillion That is attached to a husky gas station in hawkwood. Not sure the street someone else should know. Well, haven't been there for a couple years but it used to be very good.

jwslam
11-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

hmm, I don't think so, Edgemont is the largest neighborhood in Calgary and the NW is severely lacking good chinese.

i thought edgemont was biggest community in all of CANADA.. unless that's changed in the past 3/4 years...

^^
http://www.c2mall.com/BView.asp?id=105475
hard to believe you don't know where it is unless you live no where near there cuz it's on hawkstone drive

szw
11-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Thanks. I lived in edgemont and only knew it as turning left after superstore but not at the big road...I lived there for like 18 years and I don't even know what that road is...stoney trail?

What happened to bobby chao in Chinatown? Was there a fire? Anything else go down? (this is just what I gather from reading this thread)

max_boost
11-24-2008, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by szw
Since you're talking NW there is a really good Chinese restaurant called PAvillion That is attached to a husky gas station in hawkwood. Not sure the street someone else should know. Well, haven't been there for a couple years but it used to be very good.

Yep. The Pavillion is still very good. Odd location but fine food.

Originally posted by szw
Thanks. I lived in edgemont and only knew it as turning left after superstore but not at the big road...I lived there for like 18 years and I don't even know what that road is...stoney trail?

What happened to bobby chao in Chinatown? Was there a fire? Anything else go down? (this is just what I gather from reading this thread)

The word in the restaurant circle is another fire. Another questionable insurance claim. Not sure how accurate that info is.

malcolmk14
11-24-2008, 08:58 AM
Anyone have the address to the new location?

szw
11-24-2008, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by malcolmk14
Anyone have the address to the new location?

This is the old restaurant in that location:

Wok Inn Restaurant -
34 Edgedale Drive Northwest 18 (Map), Calgary, AB, T3A 2R4 ((403) 239-4587)

jwslam
11-24-2008, 09:08 AM
34 Edgedale Dr NW
Calgary, AB T3A

well.. that's the address to manhattan's
it's like right next door
i'm assuming it's the plaza address
either way you'll find it

badseed
11-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Yeeeeah! Right near my place, I'll be hittin up Dim Sum every weekend!