PDA

View Full Version : Sirius censoring their music.

digi355
11-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Anyone else here a Sirius subscriber? Apparently their US counterpart started selling to Sprint, and because of this, are piggybacking on the FCC’s spectrum. Read – they are censoring their music now. I’m hoping that this is only temporary but suspect it’s for good. Anyone know anything else about why they started beeping their music?

/fuckers..

5000Audi
11-14-2008, 10:03 AM
im not sure about them but i am XM and most of those channels are bleeped out also..i was told befor ei bought it it was un censored music but i was wrong.. the comedy channels arnt tho.. if they were then it would suck lol

tsi_neal
11-14-2008, 12:18 PM
It depends on the channel, unless that is changing. I remember any time ive turned on the hits stations there was some censorship going on but what i listen to doesnt seem to get any censorship at all and i hope it stays that way.

rage2
11-14-2008, 12:36 PM
Old news.

They've been doing this since '05 I believe. It's only a small # of channels thats available on Sprint.

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/ueContent.jsp?scTopic=sirius293

The only channel that affected me was Hair Nation, which means a few GnR songs stopped playing on the channel (but was played on Buzzsaw anyways). Honestly, the biggest "offending" channels would be the rap channels and Stern, and they are not available on the Sprint deal.

Look at the list of channels, really, how many songs in those genres need to be censored? Very little. Sirius choose the stations that don't really need to be censored.

digi355
11-14-2008, 02:17 PM
Everything on 40, 50, 21 and 28 just started getting the bleep. They also killed 43.. They ruined the 5 channels I used to listen to. I think Sprint has added to their lineup..

tsi_neal
11-14-2008, 02:30 PM
woah if ellis gets cencered they are going to piss off alot of people... think im gonna turn it on to find out.

tsi_neal
11-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Update Ellis, who is on afternoons on ch. 28 is definatly NOT censored, which hopefully means the channel isnt the rest of the time.

Pacman
11-14-2008, 02:59 PM
I've never noticed the censorship.

I'm more pissed that they cancelled my two favorite stations. Backspin and the Strobe.

How am I going to get my Disco fix now? I called today to complain and they said they have been getting lots of complaints about the new channel lineup

Tik-Tok
11-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Pacman
I've never noticed the censorship.

I'm more pissed that they cancelled my two favorite stations. Backspin and the Strobe.

How am I going to get my Disco fix now? I called today to complain and they said they have been getting lots of complaints about the new channel lineup

Yeah, I just got off the phone with them too. I thought they screwed up my subscription, because when I hit my preset buttons it would say "Not subscribed, please call 1-800blahblah"

So I called, and had a wonderful conversation with an old bat with no technical skills. She kept telling me to turn my ignition off, open my door for 20 seconds then try again.

I told her I have a Sirius Stilhetto, and it's hooked up to my house stereo right now.

She repeats her request to turn the ignition off and open my car door.

I say "oh look, it's working now" and hang up. Prepared to call back and hopefully get someone who knows what the frack they're doing. Then I fiddled with my Sirius and realized I couldn't get the stations, because they didn't exist anymore, and existing ones changed channel #'s on me, hence why my presets didn't work.

rony_espana
11-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Well I'm with XM and they actually cancelled the only 2 stations I listened to....called to complain and they simply said that there is no sign of the channels ever coming back due to there "improved channel lineup" since they merged with sirius.

:guns: :guns: :guns:

legendboy
11-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Faction isn't being sensored. Never has been either.

No way Ellis would stick around if they did that

sk8r3124
11-14-2008, 03:32 PM
This freaked me out at first, if I lost the Jason Ellis Show, Sirius would lose my subscription.

tsi_neal
11-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by sk8r3124
This freaked me out at first, if I lost the Jason Ellis Show, Sirius would lose my subscription.

:werd:

I know alot of people that feel that way

digi355
11-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Sorry, I made a mistake, 28 is not censored.

TurboMedic
11-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Left of Center is gone too....now Sirius XMU.....boourns.....And 21 is censored now? that blows.....

bubbley
11-14-2008, 04:04 PM
do they still have shady radio or whatever eminems station..those 2 dudes on there are hilarious..swear every second

rage2
11-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Guys take a look at the list of stations I posted in the Sprint link. Those are the only ones that are "clean".

rage2
11-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Pacman
Fuck, I've been listening to Sirius Blues the last week, and just realized some drastic changes after you mentioned Backspin (one of my faves too).

BUZZSAW is fucking gone. It's being replaced by Boneyard, which isn't live until mid January. WTF??!?@$?

At least they haven't fucked with Hair Nation... for now anyways. Christ, lots of huge lineup changes. WTF are they thinking?

New lineup as of Nov 12/08:

http://www.sirius.com/newlineup

Motherfuckers@$!@$%@

tsi_neal
11-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Im happy, 90% of my time is on faction (jason ellis), lithium, or hard attack... other than the name change to liquid metal it seems pretty much unchanged.

Ghettobaby
11-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Guys take a look at the list of stations I posted in the Sprint link. Those are the only ones that are "clean".

That list is not right, I know that has of Wednesday Hip-Hop nation is not censored. Everytime they play a song by the game or lil wayne it sounds like some god awful dj is scratching ontop of the song. It fucking sucks now and I've already called mulitple times to complain.

signature7
11-14-2008, 05:26 PM
XM still doesn't have Howard Stern or playboy. We got some NBA channels and the shady 45 one. I was listening to Opie and Anthony, they're not bad. Wish I had Stern though.

digi355
11-14-2008, 05:32 PM
OK, now Hip Hop nation is playing swears... Life's good again, we can shut this down... I still miss 43, but I'll get over it.

mr2mike
11-14-2008, 06:10 PM
Relax, they'll be bankrupt in no time.

$4.8B loss with a stock worth $0.25

1997GSR
11-14-2008, 06:11 PM
They sent out an e-mail talking about some of the station changes. :banghead:

kvanderlaag
11-14-2008, 06:37 PM
Hooray for competition.

Ghettobaby
11-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by digi355
OK, now Hip Hop nation is playing swears... Life's good again, we can shut this down... I still miss 43, but I'll get over it.

are you on crack. Turn it on, you can hardly hear the lyrics to my president is black right now.

digi355
11-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Ghettobaby

are you on crack. Turn it on, you can hardly hear the lyrics to my president is black right now.

Yep.. They were playing swears for about an hour this afternoon and then it switched back. Funny you mention my president is black, that's when I got up and turned it off.

This explains it a little, except it says 28 is censored and Ellis wasn't censored this afternoon.

Blog (http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/technology-and-science/sirius-censorship.asp)

Supa Dexta
11-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Damn just noticed this thread.. I'm looking at the XM linup and now and it only lists 2 channels as uncensored..! wtf... shade 45 = eminem and raw dog comedy.. I want curse words! fuck.. :guns:

:rofl:

Cooked Rice
11-15-2008, 12:37 AM
Always hated XM. Loved Sirius. Really sucks, I've noticed a change in the type of music now played. And I'm pretty PO'd that Sirius' The Beat is gone and replaced with XM's retarded BPM which keeps playing some cheesy remix of Pink's, so what, every hour.

Also, even the existing Sirius channels are starting to suck with this XM collaboration. Crappy tunes, old tunes, trashy basement remixes. I don't think I'm renewing my subscription in the spring.