PDA

View Full Version : Good MMA gyms

wiggaplz
11-14-2008, 02:02 PM
so I'm planning on going to a good MMA gym?

What is the best one with the best instructors and overall atmosphere? I am really looking for the best atmosphere that is TEAM-oriented. I really want instruction, not just the more experienced guys getting all the attention, and the new guy jerking around for the practice session.

I went to a boxing (I LOVE boxing) gym for a little while a year ago and couldn't stand it. Because i was the new guy, no one would work with me, no instruction, nothing, basically just me hittin the bag and then i'd get a little instruction...but it seemed like they alienated me and EVEN my first day made me pay the drop-in fee....WTF is that?

I've called a bunch of places like BDB, Canuckles, Mike Miles gym, etc, but haven't decided.

Anyway, rant over....anyone got a good one?

Marsh
11-14-2008, 06:03 PM
Im interested in this as well..as a side note, do you mind if I ask which boxing club was it that you went to last year?

wiggaplz
11-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Marsh
Im interested in this as well..as a side note, do you mind if I ask which boxing club was it that you went to last year?

It was Impact Boxing Club.

From what I hear there are some good fighters, first couple weeks I was trained by some little kid. The trainer wouldn't even give me a second look. I was a good athlete too....felt shafted to even when we were doing conditioning drills I was one of the top guys because of my soccer experience....

but yeah whatever. wouldn't reccomend.

Datsun-Fever
11-14-2008, 08:44 PM
BDB

nj2Type-S
11-15-2008, 03:11 PM
there's been tons of threads about this, man, but i always try to recommend bdb. i love it there, hehe.

1-Bar
11-15-2008, 03:46 PM
bdb is good, not everyone tried to knock your head off when your a n00b....very friendly atmosphere too, I don't know of any dick-heads at the gym....

kerry
11-15-2008, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar
bdb is good, not everyone tried to knock your head off when your a n00b....very friendly atmosphere too, I don't know of any dick-heads at the gym....

I'll be the first.... or Vedran hahaha.

nj2Type-S
11-15-2008, 10:39 PM
lol, vedran's hilarious...how come i've never met any of you guys yet?? haha..i know kerry switched gyms (boo!! haha jk)

TurboD
11-16-2008, 12:38 AM
i dont think anyone has mentioned this one yet, but golds gym in the NE has a "fighters nation" mma training area with octagon and trainers.

might be worth looking at?