PDA

View Full Version : You know why Nigerian scams are still around?

Tik-Tok
11-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Because sometimes they work.

http://www.katu.com/news/34292654.html

There isn't enough :facepalm:'s for this lady.

SScott
11-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Greed!

Destinova403
11-14-2008, 02:47 PM
:facepalm:

there's always someone.

TomcoPDR
11-14-2008, 02:49 PM

Well, Janella SPEARS doesn't surprise me

chkolny541
11-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Well, Janella SPEARS doesn't surprise me
:facepalm: weak.

toyboy88
11-14-2008, 03:03 PM
"Spears received just such an e-mail, promising her that she’d get $20.5 million if she would only help out a long-lost relative – identified in the e-mail as J.B. Spears – with a little money up front. "That's what got me to believe it," Spears said."

:facepalm: :facepalm:

SJW
11-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Fuckin idiot. She deserves to be broke.

A790
11-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Oh wow. She kind of deserves it, especially with EVERYONE she knew telling her to stop.

Jlude
11-14-2008, 03:18 PM

EK 2.0
11-14-2008, 03:20 PM
You know, there will be ONE time that this actually pays out.

Think about it, they have scammed so much money that maybe, JUST, maybe they will give back...

broken_legs
11-14-2008, 03:21 PM
When Spears began to doubt the scam, she got letters from the President of Nigeria, FBI Director Mueller, and President Bush. Terrorists could get the money if she did not help, Bush’s letter said. Spears continued to send funds. All the letters were fake, of course.

She wiped out her husband’s retirement account, mortgaged the house and took a lien out on the family car. Both were already paid for.

For more than two years, Spears sent tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars. Everyone she knew, including law enforcement officials, her family and bank officials, told her to stop, that it was all a scam. She persisted.

Well gee If President bush sent me an email personally I would have went along with it too!

2jzgte
11-14-2008, 03:26 PM
I'm gonna email her saying i need money for a heart transplant.

Kloubek
11-14-2008, 03:30 PM
I always wondered if someone would be so stupid as to fall for this. Question answered....

khtm
11-14-2008, 03:31 PM
O

M

G

JRSC00LUDE
11-14-2008, 03:45 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

AWESOME! :clap:

LadyLuck
11-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Spears said it would take her at least three to four years to dig out of the debt she ran up in pursuit of the non-existent pot of Nigerian gold.

Ha! She must make 100K a year to pay the 400K off within 4 years.

I didn't think there was people that fell for that shit.
The fact that this went on for years, I don't feel sorry for her.

I'd understand if its a couple of grand that someone lost, but 400K??

dumbass!

QuasarCav
11-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Judging from some of the posts on this forum I can only assume that this scam would be somewhat successful among some of our members.

White van speakers anyone?

SJW
11-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by LadyLuck

I didn't think there was people that fell for that shit.
The fact that this went on for years, I don't feel sorry for her.

I'd understand if its a couple of grand that someone lost, but 400K??

dumbass!

I can't even understand a couple of grand. Hell i have a hard time giving money to my little nephews let alone some stranger.

bubbley
11-14-2008, 04:11 PM
:bigpimp:

TomcoPDR
11-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Well, maybe she was using Jesus' money from the church. Reverend Spears: "God told me to do it"

anarchy
11-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Wow!

I don't feel sorry for her at all. You have to be a collossal idiot to fall for this. President Bush telling her the money will go to terrorists?!

Nigerian scammers must be :rofl:

And especially when everyone told her to stop, INCLUDING bank officials and authorities, and she didnt? Brutal!

B17a
11-14-2008, 04:25 PM
The Greater Fool Theory in full effect here.

banned3x
11-17-2008, 01:20 PM
is it really impossibe to catch these guys?

TomcoPDR
11-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by banned3x
is it really impossibe to catch these guys?

There was a dateline or W-five type of speical about this question, it's not about trapping or catching these guys, it's about the LAW (which country) can penaltize them and which country's system will pay for the cost of doing such.

Think it was the dateline Chris Hansen show, where instead of online pedators they did it to these scammers... where they tricked the tricksters... they set up an appointment and everything in a hotel room in their (scammer)'s country... and they did the whole: "Why don't you have a seat over here, we're from TV show, why are you doing this scam, etc..."

Eleanor
11-17-2008, 02:29 PM
:rofl:

"Terrorists are going to get the money otherwise"

:nut:

GQBalla
11-17-2008, 02:52 PM
wow can't believe this women kept goin even after everyone told her to stop...

vipstyle2
11-17-2008, 07:35 PM
:facepalm: <- thank god for this new smilie.

:rofl:

pyroza
11-17-2008, 07:42 PM
:facepalm: ?

Nah, a facewall is more appropriate

:banghead: :banghead:

googe
11-18-2008, 11:20 AM
what kind of guy would let his wife bleed his money and retirement account for so long? how she managed that is the part i dont get. if she is alive, he is a very patient man.

yoda124
11-18-2008, 02:48 PM
When I get an email like this, I always reply from a specially made Email I use just to wind them up.

I recently befriended Song Lile who promised millions of Dollars.

MY FIRST REPLY

OMG does this mean I get all that money? This sounds too good to be true! What do I have to do?!?!?!

---------------------------------------

Dear James Luke ,

I want to let you know of myself so that you will be rest assured of whom you are transacting with. I am married with two children Liu my daughter and Lee my son, I have sent you my family picture now for you to see. My address is #1, Fortune Garden, 20 Wing Ting Road, Ngan Chi Wan, Kln, Hong Kong. i have lived here for the last 13years.

I have really invested much in this transaction so I will please tell you to accept the 30% of the total funds that I have intend to give to you. For your information I will be coming over to your country for my share of the funds, once the funds credits your account at the bank that we will be using for this transaction.

Please endevour to keep this transaction confidential, Please do not discuss it with anybody, I have a 22year career with my bank (Hang Seng) and I don? intend to ruin all that. I really cant wait till the funds leave my bank because I have not been able to sleep nor eat properly for the past days. Attach to this email is my work ID and my family pictures for your reference.

Well if I may remind you again, you are required to send at least a copy of your Driver's License 'or' a copy of your International Passport as an attachment to my email or fax +85230157075. Besides, it is this copy of your Driver's Licence or International Passport that will be be used by the Attorney have all the necesary documentations perfected.

The most important issue is that I want to be sure I am transacting with the correct person, I believe these information would be enough to confirm you interest.

Best Regards,

Song Li

Hi Song!

How do you? Have you recieved my drivers lincensing yet? I have been suffering from necrophillia recently and have only recovered yesterday. I hope my license has not been lost in the post, it is off much value so it would be awful if it fell into the wong hands. I lost £1337 last year from a Nigerian credit card scam so I am reluctant to trust many people online. However after having seen your magnificent photos and reading about your distinguished carreer with your bank I realise I am dealing with a good person.
By the way you may not realise but I am a man of the cloth. I have shown your pictures with my congregation who would also like to transact with you. Do you have a phone number I could provide them with. How about some more photos?

Kind regards

The Reverend James Luke

Dear James Luke ,

I am in receipt of your mail and your identification.This is to also let you know that I feel comfortable transacting with you even though we have not met but I believe pretty soon we are going to meet. Please do not let me down. I have forwarded your details to the attorney who will put together the perfected paper work to be sent to the bank for the release of the funds, this should take not longer than a day or two working days. In this light, I am sending you the information of the bank so that you can make enquiries on offshore/on-line account opening.

I advice like I said earlier that you open an account with the bank so that once the funds are released, they will be moved straight into your account and the transfer will not attract the monetary bodies, as the transfer will be seen as in-house.(same telex type with my Bank).You can then transfer the funds in safe bits to your main account for both of us.

Please find below the bank information.

Post Bank NL
Amsterdam Branch
Kruithuisstraat 52
1018 WW Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Tel.:+31 61 7337059
Fax.:+31 84 7198406
Email:[email protected]

Opening Hours monday till friday:
9.00 - 17.00
Saturday:
9.30 - 13.30

Please contact them with the following informations, your Full Names, Contact Telephone Numbers (Home, Office and Mobile Number and also Fax Number). Note, that you are to inform the bank that you wish to open an offshore account with their reputable bank that can accommodate the sum of US$19.5M for further transfer, and they should advice you on such account. I will await an update. Please do make contact with the bank so that the account opening can be fast.

I am hereunder forwarding to you the certificate of deposit as issued to Col Sadiq Uday.

God Bless you for your positive resolve to affect our lives. As soon as the funds hit your account, I shall come over to your country for the investment which you will assist me in managing.

Your brother,
Song Lile

What is it that I am meant to do? I have sent my driving licence and am awaiting your response.

Dear James Luke,

Good day to you my friend and partner.Why is it taking so long to hear from you?Please kindly direct me on what to do as i am in a very advanced stage of confusion.Your quietness is bothering me and i can no longer cope as time is no longer on my side.

Mr Song Lile

... and since then he's just been sending this same email, over and over again, as if he's some kind of bot or something. WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?!

Eleanor
11-18-2008, 05:06 PM
^ Solid :rofl:

Boosted Gtir
11-18-2008, 06:23 PM
:bigpimp:

rumeo
11-21-2008, 05:55 AM
photoshop some documents and send it his way see what happens lol

rumeo
11-21-2008, 05:57 AM
also i think darwin needs to come and make a special visit for this lady

Supa Dexta
11-21-2008, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by LadyLuck

thats not quite how it works..

sneek
11-21-2008, 07:37 AM
"When Spears began to doubt the scam, she got letters from the President of Nigeria, FBI Director Mueller, and President Bush. Terrorists could get the money if she did not help, Bush’s letter said. Spears continued to send funds. All the letters were fake, of course.

She wiped out her husband’s retirement account, mortgaged the house and took a lien out on the family car. Both were already paid for.

For more than two years, Spears sent tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars. Everyone she knew, including law enforcement officials, her family and bank officials, told her to stop, that it was all a scam. She persisted."
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Tik-Tok
12-16-2008, 12:28 PM
I just got this one in my email, I hope she doesn't receive a similar one, or else she be in even more trouble!

- BENEFICIARIES.REF/PAYMENTS CODE: 06996 $300,000.00. UNITED NATIONS SCAMMED VICTIM COMPENSATION PAYMENT.Dear Victim On the faithful recommendations, we want you to know that during the last U.N. meetings held in West Africa, Asokoro Villa, Abuja, Nigeria, it was alarmed so much by the world in the meeting on the loss of Funds by various individuals to the Nigerian scam artists operating in syndicates all over the world today. In other to compensate victims, the U.N Body in conjunction with the Federal Government of Nigeria is now paying 150 victims of this operators $300,000.00 each in accordance with the U.N. recommendations.Due to the corrupt and inefficient Banking Systems in Nigeria, the payments are to be supervised by the United Nations' Officials and the Minister of Finance of Nigeria, the corresponding paying bank is Central Bank of Nigeria This is to bring to your notice that I am delegated from the United Nations to pay 150 scam victims $300,000.00 (THREE HUNDRED THOUNSAND UNITED STATE DOLLAR)each; you are listed and approved for this payment as one of the scammed Victims to be paid this amount. His Excellence the PRESIDENT OF FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA (MUSA YARADUA) has Instructed this Department to send your funds through our westernunion money transfer, for easy receive of your funds without any further delay to avoid paying money to the fraud stars that is going on through internet now ,You are required to send your name and address Where you want your fund to be send to you through WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER. The maximum amount you will be receiving per day starting from tomorrow is $800.00) and the MTCN NO# will be sent along with the Text Questions & Answers for you to receive your fund through any Western Union Location in your Country, Send your inforrmation to Mr Peter Adeyemi Tel; +234-8032066447 Email;[email protected] westernunion money transfer in LAGOS NIGERIA. WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER. Full Name : Martial status: Date of Birth: Sex: Test Question: Answer: Phone: contact address: Email: Contact Person: PeterAdeyemi:[email protected] According to the number of applicants at hand, 87 Beneficiaries have been paid, half of the victims are from the United States, and we still have more 14 left to be paid the compensations of $300,000.00 each.Your particulars was mentioned by one of the Syndicates who was arrested as one of their victims of the operations, you are hereby warned not to communicate or duplicate this message to him for any reason what so ever as the U.S. secret service is already on trace of the other criminals. So keep it secret till they are all apprehended. Other victims who have not been contacted can submit their application as well for scrutiny and possible consideration. Right now we have arranged your payment through our western union money transfer, which is the latest instruction by Central Bank of Nigeria.so if you like to receive your fund this way please let us know by contacting the western union office. Yours faithfully, Prof Richard Smith. Public Relation Officer,Minister of Finance

Jeremiah
01-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Check out this article.

i :rofl:'d hard

http://www.windsorstar.com/Leamington+loses+Nigerian+scam/1173799/story.html

n1zm0
01-19-2009, 03:07 PM
bahaha he deserves it for being so greedy, oh my long lost uncle that i've never heard of signed my name to inherit 12.8 millions dollars.

The man then told him he had to pay $2,500 to transfer the money into his name.

right there i would've been like i have to pay you for you to give me $, i dont know the processes of wiring money but that sounds completely retarded

Toma
01-19-2009, 03:14 PM
I got one in my email of some hot looking chick looking for true love etc... I played a long for a bit, where she tried to woo me etc...

Then, after a few emails, she asks for money to help her out so she can come to Canada and see me... lols!

core_upt
01-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
Check out this article.

i :rofl:'d hard

http://www.windsorstar.com/Leamington+loses+Nigerian+scam/1173799/story.html

Amazing! He actually met with these people, in London, and they showed him how to make money with a 'cleansing formula'!!

At 22, how the FUCK do you not know how the internet works!

rumeo
01-19-2009, 05:31 PM
that guy is a total fail, but i still cant help but feel bad for him. how the hell did his family not stop him from doing this stuff?

Xtrema
01-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0
bahaha he deserves it for being so greedy, oh my long lost uncle that i've never heard of signed my name to inherit 12.8 millions dollars.

The man then told him he had to pay $2,500 to transfer the money into his name.

right there i would've been like i have to pay you for you to give me $, i dont know the processes of wiring money but that sounds completely retarded

That right there is stupidity. Just take it off the money you're going to give me.

He got what he deserved. But that's quite a bit of work for $150K.

Redlyne_mr2
01-19-2009, 06:04 PM
Someone in Nigeria is rolling around in a Maybach because of this lady.

msommers
01-19-2009, 06:11 PM
*Quits school and starts a Nigerian "business"*