PDA

View Full Version : well now that is good timing (osama found)

finboy
11-14-2008, 06:06 PM
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/11/13/binladen.cia/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1085752/CIA-claims-Bin-Laden-isolated-Al-Qaeda--hes-greatest-threat-U-S.html

so any bets they kill him right before january? :dunno:

01RedDX
11-14-2008, 06:52 PM

1997GSR
11-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by finboy
so any bets they kill him right before january? :dunno:

no

stretch
11-14-2008, 11:52 PM
"U.S. intelligence agencies believe Osama bin Laden is isolated from al Qaeda and spending much of his energy merely surviving."

jdmSiR
11-15-2008, 12:20 AM
i still cant believe its been 8 goddamn years.

HondaRice
11-15-2008, 11:19 AM
i think they really don't care to find him. they say he is a caveman. 8 years? they are "chilling" with his family i mean if something was going to happen it would of been a long time ago...

tabouli
11-15-2008, 11:24 AM
Lame thread, waste of time. :whocares:

No where does it say they found him. :closed:

Xtrema
11-15-2008, 11:25 AM
Al Qaeda already took on a life of its own. Just like all different sects of every religion.

Killing Osama now will do nothing other than seemingly justice for people who died on 911.

Isaiah
11-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by tabouli
Lame thread, waste of time. :whocares:

No where does it say they found him. :closed:
+1

Sorry Fin, you shit the bed with this one.

D'z Nutz
11-15-2008, 11:41 AM
This is nothing more than an article to make the American public feel better for themselves and justify military spending. They're no closer to catching him now than they did 7 years ago.

randedge
11-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Osama bin Laden remains deeply isolated and has been forced to devote much of his energy to his own security,

says the article ^^^^^

So, He's not making the decisions for Al Qaeda at large....

OOooOOooohHH! Big news!!!!

wtf???? really, after the invasion of Afghanistan, has Osama ever made any decision in the day to day operations of most terror groups linked with Al Qaeda?
Who the hell still thinks that global terrorism is still driven by a small leadership plotting shit from one central location in the mountains of Afghanistan and Pakistan? I thought this became apparent immediately after the coalition landed in the region and immediately drove them to the mountains?

Ever since they put them "on the run" shit still blew up in Spain, London, and Indonesia.

pinoyhero
11-15-2008, 12:30 PM
= FAIL, no real find confirmed

finboy
11-15-2008, 12:30 PM
can't win them all i suppose :dunno:

1997GSR
11-15-2008, 12:52 PM
if anyone wants some insight into the bin Laden mission, a great read is Kill Bin Laden by Dalton Fury. He is an ex US commando sent in to Tora Bora to capture or kill him.

DF believes that bin Laden was wounded in a US airstrike, carried over the border into Pakistan on horse, treated in a safe house and now is in a tribal region in Pakistan, protected (also surrounded by women and children, mind you). The highest chain of al Qaeda command hate eachother allegedly, and BL is merely a figurehead.

It is a tough situation as Pakistan really doesn't give a shit. Each time there is some intel on BL or a known person and the US sends in a Predator drone or forces to check up on it, the world gets into a titzy.

The won't get him unless Pakistan cooperates or they go in themselves and hurt a ton of people. :banghead:

5000Audi
11-15-2008, 12:58 PM
25 million for his capture...shit beyond CSI up for a challenge? haha

Redlyne_mr2
11-15-2008, 01:24 PM
McCain would have milked this for all it's worth if he had been voted in.

finboy
11-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by 1997GSR
if anyone wants some insight into the bin Laden mission, a great read is Kill Bin Laden by Dalton Fury. He is an ex US commando sent in to Tora Bora to capture or kill him.

DF believes that bin Laden was wounded in a US airstrike, carried over the border into Pakistan on horse, treated in a safe house and now is in a tribal region in Pakistan, protected (also surrounded by women and children, mind you). The highest chain of al Qaeda command hate eachother allegedly, and BL is merely a figurehead.

It is a tough situation as Pakistan really doesn't give a shit. Each time there is some intel on BL or a known person and the US sends in a Predator drone or forces to check up on it, the world gets into a titzy.

The won't get him unless Pakistan cooperates or they go in themselves and hurt a ton of people. :banghead:

saw an interview with him, funny how those who were supposed to help them kept them far away when they were closest.

1997GSR
11-15-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by finboy

saw an interview with him, funny how those who were supposed to help them kept them far away when they were closest.

yep. in the book he really tears into the government in all levels. some of the stuff is pretty interesting.

initially, they were given orders to covertly enter two countries in the region and kill two leaders. one, bin laden, and the other, while he cannot say, was obviously Saddam.

max_boost
11-15-2008, 03:40 PM
epic fail finmeister. :facepalm:

beyond csi has skills, but this one is out of their league :D

revelations
11-15-2008, 04:49 PM

Another good book on the entire history of Al Qaeda, Pakistan, House of Saud.... "ghost wars" (CIA).

You have to back to 1979 to really see the grass roots movement - along with the Iranian revolution (one of CIAs biggest mistakes was the Shah).

finboy
11-15-2008, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
epic fail finmeister. :facepalm:

beyond csi has skills, but this one is out of their league :D

meh, it's turning out alright now :dunno:

theken
11-15-2008, 05:27 PM
when i was listening on sirius bubba the love sponge was talking to a troop member, and apparently, the troop that he was in had found bin ladens place, and was ordered by bush to back down. straight from troops mouth, this was 2-3 years ago. I believe it, bin laden still at large, no "war" going on.

1997GSR
11-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by revelations

Another good book on the entire history of Al Qaeda, Pakistan, House of Saud.... "ghost wars" (CIA).

You have to back to 1979 to really see the grass roots movement - along with the Iranian revolution (one of CIAs biggest mistakes was the Shah).

word! That is next on the 'to buy' list of mine. It is referenced in the Kill Bin Laden book as a must read.

tabouli
11-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by theken
when i was listening on sirius bubba the love sponge was talking to a troop member, and apparently, the troop that he was in had found bin ladens place, and was ordered by bush to back down. straight from troops mouth, this was 2-3 years ago. I believe it.......

Me too!

I remember listening to a talking clam shell when I was scuba diving in Hawaii. He told me that Bin Laden and Bush were scuba diving together in the exact same reef a week earlier. Can you imagine?!? What rotten timing .... If I had gone a week earlier, I'd have blown the whole case wide open.

revelations
11-15-2008, 09:04 PM

word! That is next on the 'to buy' list of mine. It is referenced in the Kill Bin Laden book as a must read.

Its one of the longest books I've ever read (still reading) - but it keeps things moving well.

I have a hard time remembering all the names it refers too sometimes - mind you that was the same with when I read a book about Operation Anaconda "Not a Good Day to Die" (waaay too many names) - that book showed how much the US forces CENTCOM fucked up royally (why were Navy SEAL frogmen chosen to climb a 12000ft mountain when there were Deltas sitting around) during the operation.

After reading all this, it seems very unlikely that 9/11 was an "inside job".... but rather was ALLOWED to happen.