PDA

View Full Version : Digital Camera

CarFan411
09-23-2003, 04:09 PM
I want to buy a good digital camera....Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should buy?? And where is the best place to buy it at???

GTS Jeff
09-23-2003, 04:22 PM
well it depends on your needs, like what sort of pictures ure taking, the level of manual control u want, your price range, where you will be using the camera, who else is going to use it, etc etc

CarFan411
09-23-2003, 04:57 PM
The main use for the camera is mostly just for fun....but i want a good quality one. I will be the only one using it and my price range is 300-500.

GTS Jeff
09-23-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by CarFan411
The main use for the camera is mostly just for fun....but i want a good quality one. I will be the only one using it and my price range is 300-500. what sort of manual features do u need?

szw
09-23-2003, 05:27 PM
pm'ed you

thich
09-23-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
what sort of manual features do u need?

not everyone uses manual features .... ;)
i'm sorta annoyed i didn't get an digi-SLR...

GTS Jeff
09-25-2003, 12:23 AM
well yea, but there is a different camera for everyone...

not everyones perfect camera is an a70!

Manguish
09-25-2003, 01:36 AM
Fujifilm s304 Owns........

thich
09-25-2003, 09:08 AM
I personally like the Powershots :)

Melinda
09-25-2003, 10:02 AM
Whatever camera you get, I highly recomend Canon! :thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
09-25-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Manguish
Fujifilm s304 Owns........

Originally posted by Melinda
Whatever camera you get, I highly recomend Canon! :thumbsup:

what if this guy wants an easier to use camera?

CarFan411
09-25-2003, 11:36 AM
I would like a camera that is easy to use and takes great pictures.....i do not know that much about camera's so that is why i am asking about them.....what should i want in the camera???

thich
09-25-2003, 11:50 AM
proper question should be what types of images are you planning to take?

it's hard to ask you what you "want".. b/c it's:
1)subjective
2)easy for us to persuade you to "want" something else

i'm not one for simple cameras.
i've grown up using the Canon A-1 and now switched to the Powershot S45 and sorta regretting i didn't just get the G3 or higher...
for ease... look for one with a good auto function or something of the like but also giving u the option to use the TV or AV modes.
if you're not gonna be like a crazy photographer like some of the guys and gals here then don't look for something too high end either.

3.2MP apparently has decent resolution, so you might want to look in that range.

you might want to check out www.dpreview.com (http://www.dpreview.com) and see what cameras they have out there.

i do suggest you stick with good brands like Nikon, Canon( :thumbsup: ), Olympus... (any other ones?)
also stick to something that you find would be convenient in terms of batteries as well.
some ppl like the whole AA battery idea where you can easily replenish your battery supply, whereas there are those like myself who just like the lithium-ion batteries that come with the camera which are rechargeable (you end up buying like 2-3 of these)..
also keep your media format in mind as well; i don't like Sony b/c it uses the proprietory MemoryStick which no one else uses... :nut:
there's SD, CF, etc. etc.

GTS Jeff
09-25-2003, 02:16 PM
CF is nearly proprietory too....only canon uses it

3G
09-25-2003, 02:44 PM
get a Sony Mavica

GTS Jeff
09-25-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo
get a Sony Mavica this guy said he wants good image quality

Melinda
09-25-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo
get a Sony Mavica

this guy said he wants good image quality

:rofl: so true! haha good one jeff!

I dunno, canon's arent rocket science, and i'm sure if he had any questiosn that his instruction manual couldnt answer, there'd be an abundance of help here...

GTS Jeff
09-25-2003, 03:23 PM

:rofl: so true! haha good one jeff!

I dunno, canon's arent rocket science, and i'm sure if he had any questiosn that his instruction manual couldnt answer, there'd be an abundance of help here... heh, ive had more than 1 customer return a canon cuz they were too hard to use!

Melinda
09-25-2003, 03:26 PM
heh, ive had more than 1 customer return a canon cuz they were too hard to use!
:eek: are you joking me? Haha thats hilarious! Canon is the only camera I ever plan to use

RC-Cola
09-25-2003, 03:50 PM
Canon's are a great starting point for almost anyone. They have a great line up cameras accross any range of user. However, I wouldn't look past Nikon's or minolta's either. Read up on the 'net. There are a lot of review sites and guys who have opinons about what you should be getting!

Just to make the camrea guys on the board jealous, I just received my Canon Digital Rebel today. :poosie:

GTS Jeff
09-25-2003, 04:04 PM

:eek: are you joking me? Haha thats hilarious! Canon is the only camera I ever plan to use heh u should see how userfriendly the kodaks and HPs are...

Melinda
09-25-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by RC-Cola
Just to make the camrea guys on the board jealous, I just received my Canon Digital Rebel today. :poosie:
Bah, I've had my D-60 for more then a year already :poosie:

heh u should see how userfriendly the kodaks and HPs are...
User friendly, sure but you exchange good quality in return

GTS Jeff
09-25-2003, 04:34 PM

User friendly, sure but you exchange good quality in return well yea, but a lot of ppl that are too dumb to figure out a digicam are also too dumb to tell the difference in image quality.

Melinda
09-25-2003, 04:35 PM
well yea, but a lot of ppl that are too dumb to figure out a digicam are also too dumb to tell the difference in image quality.
Haha very true, very much agreed :D

RC-Cola
09-25-2003, 05:53 PM

Ok you win, I can't afford $3000 for a camera and lenses on top of it. I was looking seriously at the Nikon Coolpix 5700 until I heard about the Digital Rebel. I had to sit on my hands so I didn't buy the 5700. Boy am I ever happy that I waited for it!!!

szw
09-25-2003, 07:24 PM
buy mine come on...i wanna get a cameraphone!

Melinda
09-25-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by RC-Cola

Ok you win, I can't afford $3000 for a camera and lenses on top of it. I was looking seriously at the Nikon Coolpix 5700 until I heard about the Digital Rebel. I had to sit on my hands so I didn't buy the 5700. Boy am I ever happy that I waited for it!!!
Haha yeah at the time it was more then $3000, been a lot of investment but WELL worth it ;) I might invest in one of the new rebels as my 'Fun back up camera'...dad keeps telling me I need one of those