PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th

89coupe
11-16-2008, 08:43 PM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/fridaythe13th/

Hopefully its as good as the Chainsaw remake.

tabouli
11-16-2008, 09:59 PM
It's about time!
I would love to see a more serious version of the script. Something like what they've done to Batman recently. The audience that grew up with 'Jason' is far more mature now, and ready to go beyond the cut & chop routine. :devil:

kerry
11-17-2008, 03:41 AM
I also am so stoked for this.

3g4u
11-17-2008, 09:57 AM
Great another remake of a classic that shouldnt be touched.:rolleyes: I'll probably still go see it.:poosie:

SpoonEK9@STRD
11-17-2008, 12:18 PM
the halloween remake by rob zombie wasnt bad at all. Or maybe your were hoping for another Jason goes to space flick?

3g4u
11-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by SpoonEK9@STRD
the halloween remake by rob zombie wasnt bad at all. Or maybe your were hoping for another Jason goes to space flick?

Jason X was stupid for sure. I did like the direction they were going with Freddy VS Jason. But to remake the story of Jason with a bunch of "hip" teens with skinny jeans and bad haircuts for no reason seems a bit redundant in my opinion.:dunno: Who knows it could be a great movie for all i know and as i stated i will be going to see it for sure.

403Gemini
11-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by SpoonEK9@STRD

I actually really liked Halloween (Rob Zombie one) - I like seeing the Origin of these villains.

signature7
11-17-2008, 05:54 PM
I didn't mind the Rob Zombie vision of Halloween, for the most part because I was pissed watching the Busta Rhymes one. However, the original is far better.

I'm not a big fan of Jason or Friday the 13th so this one may be a rental.

kerry
11-18-2008, 02:38 AM
I think with people pushing the "gore" envelope, this has potential to be pretty epic. I loved the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake and the prequel. That was fucking epic. They did a wicked job on those, IMO. If this ends up in the same direction, I think it'll be amazing. And Friday the 13th is probably my favorite horror series. The first one ruled. They all ruled until Jason X.

ZorroAMG
11-18-2008, 03:23 AM
Should be decent. Strong lead qualities in Jared Padalecki.

powerslave
11-18-2008, 09:07 AM
I was wondering if it will be a direct remake of the movie, since a certain someone doesn't really make much of an appearance in the first one, however it seems the film will take "elements from all three [of the first] movies."
Should be a good one, I've enjoyed the originals.

gd3_kid
11-18-2008, 03:27 PM
One simple thing i noticed in the trailer that I think makes Jason 100x scarier is that he actually RUNS!!

No more of this stupid pointless plodding along while bad actors scream for what seems like hours until Jason finally reaches them....I was actually scared seeing Jason rush his victim like that....makes him seem much more visceral.

r0g3r
11-19-2008, 02:57 AM
I didn't like friday the 13th series.

At least not the first 6 movies where it was slow as hell.

The later movies (up until Jason goes to hell) were good. Freddy vs jason was good too; not really scary or anything but good action.

This movie will be a gore flick for sure (texas chain saw massacre: the beginning...wow..the shittiest thing i've ever seen).

Hopefully they use the already awesome concept/story and make it better.

DNSRadio
11-19-2008, 09:32 AM
rOg3r... i agree... with you on the first 6 ...
but this looks pretty intense..

only one way to find out...
wait till feb 2009...lol

89coupe
01-15-2009, 12:34 AM
Trailer II is up

x.staygold.x
01-15-2009, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by kerry
I think with people pushing the "gore" envelope, this has potential to be pretty epic. I loved the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake and the prequel. That was fucking epic. They did a wicked job on those, IMO. If this ends up in the same direction, I think it'll be amazing. And Friday the 13th is probably my favorite horror series. The first one ruled. They all ruled until Jason X.

Jason Goes To Hell was terrible too...

But i am stooooooked for this movie. Jason looks way more bad ass in the trailer...i hated how he never ran ...he usually walks around like a zombie...but this looks fucking epic!

treg50
01-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Haha, good trailer that's for sure.... half the time the trailer is the best part though.

This could actually be a good movie. Bay involved is interesting. I hope they avoid the cheesey loud sound blasts for cheap scares.

n1zm0
01-15-2009, 10:34 AM
i've always enjoyed friday the 13th series, cept for the last few, i remember the first one i ever saw was the one on the boat, had the NES game and everything.

looks interesting, i just hope for no CGI.. at all lol we all know he's good at that.

also looks like hes also going to be the producer for reviving Freddy with a Nightmare on Elm st remake.

3g4u
02-12-2009, 09:49 AM
So I got to see Friday the 13th last night at a sneek peak preview. It was OK i guess, but I dont really see how it is supposed to be a remake, it was more like Friday the 13th part 11. Lots of titties and gruesome death though like any good Friday the 13th movie should have! Overall I think it sucks as a remake but is great as a part 11 of the series.

There were other things that did not flow with the movie but I dont want to spoil it for anybody who is going this friday.:nut:

Quiet10
02-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by 3g4u
So I got to see Friday the 13th last night at a sneek peak preview. It was OK i guess, but I dont really see how it is supposed to be a remake, it was more like Friday the 13th part 11. Lots of titties and gruesome death though like any good Friday the 13th movie should have! Overall I think it sucks as a remake but is great as a part 11 of the series.

There were other things that did not flow with the movie but I dont want to spoil it for anybody who is going this friday.:nut:

So going to see it now...

powerslave
02-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Quiet10

So going to see it now...

You can watch ANY Friday the 13th and you'll be sure to see titties and gruesome death.

r0g3r
02-12-2009, 02:29 PM
hey so can u give a proper review though? Was it a shitty gore flick like texas chainsaw massacre: the beginning or was it actually good?

TCM prequel sucked, there was nothing but gore. I didn't like that. I liked the remake, i was alota good action

3g4u
02-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by r0g3r
hey so can u give a proper review though? Was it a shitty gore flick like texas chainsaw massacre: the beginning or was it actually good?

TCM prequel sucked, there was nothing but gore. I didn't like that. I liked the remake, i was alota good action

In my opinion the first remake of the texas chainsaw massacre was way better than this movie. The movie was not scary at all, it had more of a comical approach with lots of gore. Good as a friday the 13th movie bad as a remake of the original classic.

civic_stylez
02-12-2009, 03:17 PM
I had advanced screen passes last night...

Pro's = gratuitous amounts of fake tittes appear numerous times between scenes of people being beheaded/dismembered.

Some funny parts and everyone loves the stoner asian and black guys.

Gore.

That sweet friday the 13th music with that "cha cha cha" sound effect.

Cons - same old tired story line... "baby, were being chased by a psycho with a machete... lets go into this abandoned cabin and make out."

Predictable jump outs.

IMO not worth the price of admission but if you are a Friday die hard fan, it lives up to the reputation.

r0g3r
02-14-2009, 01:11 AM
Not bad movie at all.

if you like friday the 13th, you will definitely like this.

The story isn't very well explained (if you're watching it for the first time) and yeah..the story development sucks.

But overall, its not bad. I liked it.

The gore level wasn't bad either. I liked this MUCH better than the Texas Chainsaw massacre prequel.

This movie had gore but it was jumpy sometimes so it was good.