PDA

View Full Version : u guys ever heard of this caR? isuzu impulse

EstoMax
09-23-2003, 08:33 PM
http://members.rogers.com/dpjames/impulse/impulse_rs01.jpg
here is a pic of one i searched on google..
it has a 1.6liter turbo awd engine.. 160hp 150tq

my friend told me his friend got one just now and i was like wtf is that car.. he also said that his friend's came with a 1.8 liter and that there was a limited run on those bigger engine ones..

first time i heard of this car.. front looks nice. back is a geo metro style

:dunno: :nut:

max

3G
09-23-2003, 08:35 PM
that is the Asuna Sunfire my friend

powerslave
09-23-2003, 08:36 PM
Asuna Sunfire and Isuzu Impulse is the same car... do some research.

EstoMax
09-23-2003, 08:38 PM
wtf is asuna? u mean pontiac sunfire?
ok i looked up pics and yes asuna sunfire is same.. but i never heard of that brand.. wth is that

max

nismodrifter
09-23-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by powerslave
Asuna Sunfire and Isuzu Impulse is the same car... do some research.

according to my research...its not possible to buy a car uglier than one of those:barf:

xkon
09-23-2003, 08:40 PM
it was back before they renamed the sunbird, i thought asuna was a GM brand as well, and I recall Isuzu teaming up with GM or being a brand of GM, eg the Hombre S-10?

xkon
09-23-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

according to my research...its not possible to buy a car uglier than one of those:barf:

you have obvoiusly never seen a studabaker lark :barf: :barf:

benyl
09-23-2003, 08:42 PM
Isuzu made the impulse for a number of years. Peppy little cars... handling by Lotus... The Asuna Sunfire is just a rebadged Impulse. GM did that when Isuzu was getting out of the car business. Isuzu only makes trucks now.

The AWD turbo versions are rare.

The Geo Storm is the same car with a different body.

Ben
09-23-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by xkon

you have obvoiusly never seen a studabaker lark :barf: :barf:

hahahaha

http://studebaker100.com/stu/Pg4/50champ.jpg

http://www.ritzsite.demon.nl/Lark/pics/hardtop3.JPG

powerslave
09-23-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

Oh man, you're lucky I ended up buying a DA9 instead of a turbo Impulse, because I would've flamed you bad for that comment :)

BLK_LBL
09-26-2003, 03:05 PM
quote"it was back before they renamed the sunbird, i thought asuna was a GM brand as well, and I recall Isuzu teaming up with GM or being a brand of GM, eg the Hombre S-10?"

the asuna sunfire, and the pontiac sunfire have NOTHING in common at all (other than the name)

im pretty sure GM had some influence in the building of those cars (impulse, storm, *asuna sunfire) but the pontiac sunfire and pontiac sunbird were build on completely different platforms

nismodrifter
09-26-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by powerslave

Oh man, you're lucky I ended up buying a DA9 instead of a turbo Impulse, because I would've flamed you bad for that comment :)

haha....flaming away wouldn't have changed anything...it would still be an ugly car :D :D :D

illeagle
10-16-2003, 09:03 PM
The impusle turbo is a wicked car. Most of them are rally cars now

DSM Power
10-16-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by benyl

The AWD turbo versions are rare.

Indeed, only about 600-700 made for 2 years.

shelbix2020
10-16-2003, 09:18 PM
Apparently no one has seen the crazy racing stylez of the Geo Metro GTi .... Convertable LMAO!!!!

http://www.joeld.net/metrozone/26Jan01.jpg
or stock ... BLING BLING :bigpimp:

http://www.nelautosales.com/cars/cars2128.jpg
These bad boys can run up to as much as $2,000!!!
"Metros carried a 1.0-liter, 3-cylinder engine that developed a modest 55 horsepower."

Idratherbsidewayz
10-16-2003, 09:21 PM
Heeey, don't hate on geo's and firefly's... :rofl: . Actually no those cars suck, thank god i sold mine.

shelbix2020
10-16-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Firefly/wRims
Heeey, don't hate on geo's and firefly's... :rofl: . Actually no those cars suck, thank god i sold mine. Fine lol heres a halfway decent 91 Impulse
http://www.isuzuperformance.com/gifs/carpix/adul01.jpg
http://www.isuzuperformance.com/isupage/feature/adul.html

GT2NV
10-16-2003, 09:40 PM
wouldnt they be slightly quick tho? turbo and AWD?

link785
10-16-2003, 10:25 PM
http://www.isuzu-mods.com/Images/Project/impulse/DSCN1131.JPG

Gotrek
10-17-2003, 07:55 AM
It's so wierd this thread came up because I'm looking for an impulse or asuna to replace my current vehicle.

Finding an impulse RS would be nice they aren't as rare on the east coast as in winnipeg.

But I'd be happy with a regular impulse or asuna sunfire. It's wierd I've started looking for one like beginning of this week and then this thread came up.

Basicly the Geo Storm is the replacement for the impulse/sunfire but the fornt end on the impulse/sunfire is soooo much nicer. Plus the impulse sunfire came in a "wagon back" and thats what I'm looking for but they are pretty hard to find. I have a bunch of links if you want them but you could also just do a search

link785
10-17-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Gotrek
Basicly the Geo Storm is the replacement for the impulse/sunfire but the fornt end on the impulse/sunfire is soooo much nicer. Plus the impulse sunfire came in a "wagon back" and thats what I'm looking for but they are pretty hard to find. I have a bunch of links if you want them but you could also just do a search

Geo Storm, Isuzu Impulse and Asuna Sunfire are all the same thing. They were all built between 1990, and 1993.

The Storm base model, in all 4 years of production, came with the 1.6L SOHC engine.

The Storm GSi model, in 90 and 91, came with a 1.6L DOHC engine.

The Storm GSi model, in 92 and 93, came with a 1.8L DOHC engine.

The RS was an AWD intercooled turbo car, and there aren't too many left around to be found for sale. The Asuna Sunfire is simply a re-badged Isuzu Impulse, and was only around for one year, 1993, which was the year Isuzu stopped importing cars.

Anyone who wants to know anything about these cars, just ask, I owned one.

-APEX-
10-17-2003, 12:52 PM
yea i seen a few of the isuzu impluse a few months back in the trader i was'nt to familliar with it but the guy was selling it for like 600 bucks kinda kicking my self for that one but is'nt the impluse like asorta rip-off of the nissan pluseare or something like that?

link785
10-17-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by -APEX-
but is'nt the impluse like asorta rip-off of the nissan pluseare or something like that?

No. The Impulse is not a T-top car, it is a hatchback, not a coupe, and it has a rear bench, can seat 4 people in the car. The Isuzu 4XET1 engine is Isuzu's own design, nothing remotely similar to the Pulsar. Not to mention that Isuzu came up with the whole "recessed" door handle idea, and the modern looking dash (at the time it was built).

pimpulse55
12-29-2003, 10:08 PM
well first off isuzu impulses came in 2 series the jr 83-89 and the ji 90-93.the jr was desighned by the famous italian desighner who also made the delorian.Gm had no input in making these cars nor the ji all by isuzu.Geo storm is a stripped down impulse and the asuna sunfire is what impulses were called in canada.The jr was designed in 1979 so no rippoffs here the and by 1987 no other import could touch the jr turbo.Not even the 89 supra turbo was a match for the rwd handeling by lotus car.I have owned a few in my time here is a pic of my 1988 impulse special edition.
www.cardomain.com/memberpage/485098 this is the jr.

1badPT
12-29-2003, 11:54 PM
PhillMacrevis :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

T5_X
12-30-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by pimpulse55
well first off isuzu impulses came in 2 series the jr 83-89 and the ji 90-93.the jr was desighned by the famous italian desighner who also made the delorian.Gm had no input in making these cars nor the ji all by isuzu.Geo storm is a stripped down impulse and the asuna sunfire is what impulses were called in canada.The jr was designed in 1979 so no rippoffs here the and by 1987 no other import could touch the jr turbo.Not even the 89 supra turbo was a match for the rwd handeling by lotus car.I have owned a few in my time here is a pic of my 1988 impulse special edition.
www.cardomain.com/memberpage/485098 this is the jr.

You got a pretty sweet car man. I always wondered about those, they looked awesome.

Anyone know anything about those I-Mark turbo sedans? They look pretty sweet.

K271
12-31-2003, 02:19 AM
I remember a guy once who had an impulse... also remember him slamming it right into a light standard. Then the light standard broke and fell on top of the car just as he got out! HAHAHAHA