PDA

View Full Version : My Job Is Trying To Fuck Me Over!

mrcoolawesome
11-17-2008, 06:52 PM
I won't name names, but when I started I was told I would be making so much and later on I realized I was making less, so I talked to the manager and he told me he would look into it, then when I got paid again, nothing was changed, it was still the same amount, so I talked to him again and he told me that since there was nothing on record, I don't get payed to what I was told I would. Further more, I won't be reimbursed for what I am missing, etc.

Is this not illegal? What do you guys suggest I do about this?

Kona9
11-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Quit!

If there is no written and signed contract then I don't believe you have much of a fight.

Go work for someone that will pay you what you are worth.

A situation like this would leave a bad taste in my mouth. Therefore waking up daily to go a cheap shit hole would not enthuse me.

Move on. ( If it is easy enough for you)

dannie
11-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Unless you have it in writing as an offer of employment, its your word against theirs. If you should be getting paid more than you are, build your case and go talk to your boss. Show him your background, training and abilities and ask for a raise.

Grogador
11-17-2008, 06:58 PM
You were hired without signing an offer letter, which you have a copy signed as received by the manager? Uhmm... stop coming in, then ask them why.t.f. you're not still getting paid? haha.

1997GSR
11-17-2008, 06:59 PM
To the batcave!

mrcoolawesome
11-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
Quit!

If there is no written and signed contract then I don't believe you have much of a fight.

Go work for someone that will pay you what you are worth.

A situation like this would leave a bad taste in my mouth. Therefore waking up daily to go a cheap shit hole would not enthuse me.

Move on. ( If it is easy enough for you)
Well, I will be quitting for sure as soon as I get another job, but I will be left with a sick feeling if I don't get reimbursed! I will feel like I worked all that time fore nothing. I'm missing hundreds of dollars!

xLostx
11-17-2008, 07:04 PM
hundreds of dollars?! oh shit!!!!

mrcoolawesome
11-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by xLostx
Like I said I won't name any names but I will say this, I have been there for 2.5 months and I was told I would start at $13.50 and I didn't realize till about a week ago I was only making $11.50 so you do the math. Nevermind, I just did it and I am missing $680 if I did the math right. Fuck!

krazykhoja
11-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by xLostx

Not everyone on beyond is a millionaire...even though it might seem like that....so hundreds of dollars is still a lot of money to some people...if its not an issue for you then great....but to others it is...

To the OP hopefully you can either get it sorted out with your current job or find another job that will pay you what you deserve to get paid.

dr_jared88
11-17-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by mrcoolawesome

Like I said I won't name any names but I will say this, I have been there for 2.5 months and I was told I would start at $13.50 and I didn't realize till about a week ago I was only making $11.50 so you do the math. Nevermind, I just did it and I am missing $680 if I did the math right. Fuck!

Don't you check your pay stubs? You should have noticed your first pay cheque.

Jlude
11-17-2008, 07:20 PM

Who told you that you would be making 13.50? Was it the manager you mentioned?

I would talk to that person directly if you haven't already.

And if you still get nowhere.... fuck their shit up and quit.

Find yourself another job. What do you do?

Kloubek
11-17-2008, 07:21 PM
Sorry OP, but there will be no way to recover the difference. Just find another job, and when they ask you why you are quitting tell them your mind. Working there only 2.5 months, it's not like you'll likely use them as a reference anyway...

mrcoolawesome
11-17-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by dr_jared88

Don't you check your pay stubs? You should have noticed your first pay cheque.
I know, and I am kicking myself for it believe me!

Originally posted by Jlude

Who told you that you would be making 13.50? Was it the manager you mentioned?

I would talk to that person directly if you haven't already.

And if you still get nowhere.... fuck their shit up and quit.

Find yourself another job. What do you do?
Here's the thing, the person who told me I would be making that much was the old manager of my department but due to circumstances he is no longer there, so talking to him about it is impossible.

mrcoolawesome
11-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Sorry OP, but there will be no way to recover the difference. Just find another job, and when they ask you why you are quitting tell them your mind. Working there only 2.5 months, it's not like you'll likely use them as a reference anyway...
This fucking sucks, I won't get over this for awhile.

Jlude
11-17-2008, 07:29 PM
ya, so just pack it in.

go to another company that does the same line of work.

mrcoolawesome
11-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Well, thanks for listening to my problems guys.

Rat Fink
11-17-2008, 09:11 PM

mrcoolawesome
11-17-2008, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
with only being there 2.5 months, you don't have to give any notice.

Just get another job and the day you start your new job, call fuckface at your old work 15 minutes into your scheduled shift and tell him to take a step back and try and fuck his own face.
I'm not making enough there anyway, even if I was making what they said I would.

mugen6
11-17-2008, 10:45 PM
i was told alot of shit when i got hired . i always knew employers say crap to make you feel more interested. but since recession has come companies are more tight with money well thats what i found at my job n-e ways.

FiveFreshFish
11-17-2008, 10:53 PM

I know, and I am kicking myself for it believe me!

Here's the thing, the person who told me I would be making that much was the old manager of my department but due to circumstances he is no longer there, so talking to him about it is impossible.

Is he in a different department or did he leave the company?

mrcoolawesome
11-17-2008, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Is he in a different department or did he leave the company?
He quit/got fired so the manager already hates him let alone take his word for what he told me I would get payed.

dj_rice
11-17-2008, 11:46 PM
That sucks dude, quit McDonalds and hop over to Burger King then

Graham_A_M
11-17-2008, 11:50 PM
Interesting, that the OP went from a 14 post per day average as of yesterday, to a 1.64 post per day, as of one day. :dunno:

broken_legs
11-18-2008, 09:31 AM
ummmmm

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Work.... :dunno:

SScott
11-18-2008, 09:50 AM
This problem is peanuts, go stock shelves at Superstore for $18/hour

dr_jared88
11-18-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by SScott

Or find a job like mine and get paid a lot more to sit here on beyond haha.

SScott
11-18-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by dr_jared88

Or find a job like mine and get paid a lot more to sit here on beyond haha.

He doesn't really seem qualified for that

Jlude
11-18-2008, 10:17 AM

He doesn't really seem qualified for that

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You're an asshole :rofl:

anarchy
11-18-2008, 10:20 AM

Just get another job and the day you start your new job, call fuckface at your old work 15 minutes into your scheduled shift and tell him to take a step back and try and fuck his own face.

:rofl:

This made me lol!

Yeah for the OP, it does suck but probably not much you can do. But 2.5 months isn't too bad at all, just find a new job ASAP.

picmerollin
11-18-2008, 10:20 AM
go to superstore (pick up an application) , buy big fish, hide it somewhere warm where nobody will find it~ preferably in a location where it will affect the highest percentage of lying managers. Drop ceilings are great for this- just make sure you put a plastic bag under the rotting fish so it dsnt drip through the panels.

work for a day or two after this, or as long as you can stand the smell- then quit

also you can be creative, cant find fresh fish- try canned, or dinner leftovers, road kill~ you know think outside the box.

its a small amount of money, and it doesnt sound like you have a paper trial- so ........fuckem!!!!

Kona9
11-18-2008, 10:44 AM

This fucking sucks, I won't get over this for awhile.

By the sounds of things you are somewhat younger. Even though this sucks for you, it is something you would have to deal with in life anyways. Just think of how bad things could really be. This is truly a drop in the bucket for a life lesson/experience. All in all, even though it is a big deal to you. It is really not all that bad.

By no means am I trying to belittle your situation, as 680 dollars at one point in my life was a HUGE amount of money. Move on to bigger and better things. This situation will be nothing to you in no time. Letting the fact that you got humped out of 680 bucks bother you to no end is a waste of time. Take the lesson out of what happened, and move forward. It's all you can do. Worrying about shit you can not change will eventually kill you.

Trust me, being taken to the hospital in an ambulance for an overnighter for what was thought of as a heart attack at the age of 31 makes you see things different. FAST! You realize what is, and what is not important rather quick! (it was all stress related)

Good luck!

mrcoolawesome
11-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Do they really pay that much?

By the sounds of things you are somewhat younger. Even though this sucks for you, it is something you would have to deal with in life anyways. Just think of how bad things could really be. This is truly a drop in the bucket for a life lesson/experience. All in all, even though it is a big deal to you. It is really not all that bad.

By no means am I trying to belittle your situation, as 680 dollars at one point in my life was a HUGE amount of money. Move on to bigger and better things. This situation will be nothing to you in no time. Letting the fact that you got humped out of 680 bucks bother you to no end is a waste of time. Take the lesson out of what happened, and move forward. It's all you can do. Worrying about shit you can not change will eventually kill you.

Trust me, being taken to the hospital in an ambulance for an overnighter for what was thought of as a heart attack at the age of 31 makes you see things different. FAST! You realize what is, and what is not important rather quick! (it was all stress related)

Good luck!
Thanks man, you are right!

Super_Geo
11-18-2008, 02:35 PM
What exactly do you do?

I think it's time to get your last paycheque and then see how many days you can skip work and still be on the payroll... it's not like you're going to use this job as a reference anyway. Or, show up to work and just intentionally fuck up your tasks...

Look at the silver lining... work can be real fun for a couple of weeks ;)

A790
11-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
What exactly do you do?

I think it's time to get your last paycheque and then see how many days you can skip work and still be on the payroll... it's not like you're going to use this job as a reference anyway. Or, show up to work and just intentionally fuck up your tasks...

Look at the silver lining... work can be real fun for a couple of weeks ;)
Yea, he could do that, but in reality it will do nothing than burn a few bridges and possibly close doors down the road. You never know who knows who these days, especially with things like Facebook making it nice and easy for everyone to know everyone else.

Give your 2 weeks notice, work your time, and find a different job and make sure you have the employment terms in writing,

AndrewMZ3
11-18-2008, 02:41 PM
Don't forget to use up all your flex and vaca before you quit. Based on how they didn't honour the wage commitment, I doubt they'd pay out your accrued vacation.

Look on the bright side though, at least you learned this lesson early on in your career and only missed out on $680 vs. down the road where it could have been thousands.

Isaiah
11-18-2008, 02:43 PM
I was working corporate in Toronto and my employer was supposed to pay me $500/month car allowance included in my compensation package. I didn't realize it was missing until my 14th month on the job. Spoke to payroll and got the $7000 by cheque the following week.

A790
11-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah
I was working corporate in Toronto and my employer was supposed to pay me $500/month car allowance included in my compensation package. I didn't realize it was missing until my 14th month on the job. Spoke to payroll and got the $7000 by cheque the following week.
That's pretty sweet, but I don't think the OP is going to get the same benefit :(

Kloubek
11-18-2008, 03:21 PM

Actually, you don't have to give ANY notice - regardless of how long you've worked, or where you work. It's accepted that 2 weeks is the "polite" timeframe, but there is no law to dictate that.

cet
11-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

Actually, you don't have to give ANY notice - regardless of how long you've worked, or where you work. It's accepted that 2 weeks is the "polite" timeframe, but there is no law to dictate that.

The only thing it could affect is when you get your final paycheque.

mrcoolawesome
11-18-2008, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by A790

That's pretty sweet, but I don't think the OP is going to get the same benefit :(
No, I already spoke to payroll and they said they can't do anything about it because they get all that info from the prick manager I spoke about.

Originally posted by A790

Yea, he could do that, but in reality it will do nothing than burn a few bridges and possibly close doors down the road. You never know who knows who these days, especially with things like Facebook making it nice and easy for everyone to know everyone else.

Give your 2 weeks notice, work your time, and find a different job and make sure you have the employment terms in writing,
There is not a hope in hell I would give them any notice. Fuck them, I'm going to fuck up as much shit as I can before I find a new job, then when I do, I'm out of that shit hole.

Jlude
11-18-2008, 06:32 PM
ok ok

where the hell do you work/what do you do?

mrcoolawesome
11-18-2008, 06:41 PM
ok ok

where the hell do you work/what do you do?
I think it's best if I keep that to myself as I don't know any of you.

Jlude
11-18-2008, 06:46 PM
I don't think anyone on beyond is gonna kill ya...

but suit yourself...

mrcoolawesome
11-18-2008, 06:49 PM
I don't think anyone on beyond is gonna kill ya...

but suit yourself...
Not that, it's just someone on here could know someone from there.

xmattx8
11-18-2008, 06:50 PM

fuck their shit up and quit.

Eleanor
11-18-2008, 06:54 PM
So you didn't sign anything when you started?

Were/Are you getting paid under the table?

mrcoolawesome
11-18-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor
So you didn't sign anything when you started?

Were/Are you getting paid under the table?
I signed a few things in the employee booklet but they kept that.

Kavy
11-18-2008, 07:00 PM
I don't think "fucking their shit up" is a good idea.

Like A790 said, Calgary is way smaller then you think and you never know who knows who.

My suggestion is man up and act like a grown up.
Ask to speak to the manager tell him what was agreed upon when you started and explain why you feel you deserve this money (how much work you do not because you were told you would get it) and let him know its important to you that you are fairly compensated for said work. If the manager is any type of professional he will respect your honesty and come to a mutual agreement that benefits both parties, if this does not happen let him know you will actively be seeking employment with another company.

This is what men do.

Little kids "fuck shit up" and will always be the guys asking you if you want fries with that or if you want the extended warranty.

mrcoolawesome
11-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Kavy
I don't think "fucking their shit up" is a good idea.

Like A790 said, Calgary is way smaller then you think and you never know who knows who.

My suggestion is man up and act like a grown up.
Ask to speak to the manager tell him what was agreed upon when you started and explain why you feel you deserve this money (how much work you do not because you were told you would get it) and let him know its important to you that you are fairly compensated for said work. If the manager is any type of professional he will respect your honesty and come to a mutual agreement that benefits both parties, if this does not happen let him know you will actively be seeking employment with another company.

This is what men do.

Little kids "fuck shit up" and will always be the guys asking you if you want fries with that or if you want the extended warranty.
Well I think he fucked my shit up when you stole my fucking money from me so I feel like I should return the favor.

integra_xsi
11-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Im surprized how many people have posted a reply to this. Regardless how much money you earn, its still your money, and you worked hard for it. There will always be people in this world who will take advantage of you. It doesnt matter what reason it may be. Empty promises and they lie to you, to get you in the door. They tell you the earning potential the positon may have. Athou its not really true. I guess its good that you realized this while working there for only 2.5 months. If you see yourself having a future and moving up with this company, stick with it. If not move on. There's alot of jobs out there, but you have to like what your doing to make it worth your while.

Kavy
11-18-2008, 07:28 PM

Well I think he fucked my shit up when YOU stole my fucking money from me so I feel like I should return the favor.

I stole your money? I think you are confused

From the story you have told no one stole your money, instead a miscommunication existed that you let continue for 2.5 months. Every job must provide you with a offer letter which has your salary and start date listed on it (this is defined in Alberta's labor law). If you signed this paper and it said 11.50 you my friend "stole" the money from yourself with your lack of reading comprehension.

You can go ahead and "fuck shit up" and continue with that attitude for your career; like i said before we can always use more people in the drive through so I get my coffee quicker in the morning.

mrcoolawesome
11-18-2008, 07:38 PM

I stole your money? I think you are confused

From the story you have told no one stole your money, instead a miscommunication existed that you let continue for 2.5 months. Every job must provide you with a offer letter which has your salary and start date listed on it (this is defined in Alberta's labor law). If you signed this paper and it said 11.50 you my friend "stole" the money from yourself with your lack of reading comprehension.

You can go ahead and "fuck shit up" and continue with that attitude for your career; like i said before we can always use more people in the drive through so I get my coffee quicker in the morning.
That was a typo, I meant to say he stole my money and there was no offer letter at all.

Kavy
11-18-2008, 07:42 PM

That was a typo, I meant to say he stole my money and there was no offer letter at all.

If there was no offer letter then talk to the companies HR and tell them the wage you agreed upon at hiring has not been paid to you and that you will be talking to the Alberta Labor Board about the poor practices of the company. Additional let them know that any time and wages lost that you endure do to resolving this issue they will be responsible for.

mrcoolawesome
11-19-2008, 12:48 AM

If there was no offer letter then talk to the companies HR and tell them the wage you agreed upon at hiring has not been paid to you and that you will be talking to the Alberta Labor Board about the poor practices of the company. Additional let them know that any time and wages lost that you endure do to resolving this issue they will be responsible for.
Okay I will try that, thanks again!

Melinda
11-19-2008, 01:40 AM
There is not a hope in hell I would give them any notice. Fuck them, I'm going to fuck up as much shit as I can before I find a new job, then when I do, I'm out of that shit hole.
You sound very mature :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

Seriously, what job is paying you $11 an hour that is making you this upset? Drive through workers at Dairy Queen make $12 an hour, and they're still hiring like crazy. Best buy had a hiring fair this past weekend too. There's tons of jobs a kid could enjoy doing that would pay better than $11 an hour in this city. Some even better than the 12 or 13 you were hoping for. Stop with the entitlement attitude that seems to affect so many young people these days, realize this is just as much your error as anyone elses, then put aside the petty crap and go out and make the situation better for yourself. Honestly, "fucking up shit" isn't going to get you any money back, in the long run it won't do anything to make you feel better or make the situation any more or less resolved and you'll be the prime suspect in any "fucked up shit" because of your past complaints coupled with the timing of your leaving. Just let it go and move on.

Isaiah
11-19-2008, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Melinda

...put aside the petty crap...

:thumbsup: Live and learn kid. Now you know for next time.

wiggaplz
11-19-2008, 02:42 PM

don't you ever look at pay stubs? what the hell....it's your fault for not getting it sooner.

mrcoolawesome
11-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by wiggaplz

don't you ever look at pay stubs? what the hell....it's your fault for not getting it sooner.
How the fuck is it my fault, they should have payed me what was agreed upon in the first fucking place.

Melinda
11-19-2008, 03:57 PM

How the fuck is it my fault, they should have payed me what was agreed upon in the first fucking place.
It's your responsibility to make sure they are doing what they said. In 2.5 months, you would have gotten 5 pay stubs. You really don't look at your "books" to make sure everything's in order? Wow, harsh lesson learned for you. Hopefully you know better for the future.

Kona9
11-19-2008, 04:03 PM

Here is one of those lessons. I bet every job from now on you will be looking at how much is getting put in your account. especially on the first stub.

This is the type of responsibility you are going to have to obtain. You are only opening yourself up to more situations like this in the future. Unfortunately it's your attitude that is costing you money. Learn to look after yourself and people won't fuck with you or your monies.

"Fucking shit Up" is easy. There is no effort when retaliation is your only answer. Put some thought into it. Learn some morals and respect (yes even though they didn't respect you with their word and your pay) You will realize that being the bigger man will pay you back ten fold in the future.

As they say.."What you focus on Expands." If you waste your time finding stupid shit to do to retaliate, you can expect that kind of life and situations in the future. If you take the high road and do what is right continually, your life will be a lot more fun and easy to live. The respect you will get alone will be worth it.

Stop posting and go get a new job.

7thgenvic
11-20-2008, 07:01 AM
steal

7thgenvic
11-20-2008, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Melinda

It's your responsibility to make sure they are doing what they said. In 2.5 months, you would have gotten 5 pay stubs. You really don't look at your "books" to make sure everything's in order? Wow, harsh lesson learned for you. Hopefully you know better for the future.

True!!! IT took you 2.5 months to realize you were only getting paid 11.5

You deserve the 11.5 you were paid and I hope because of your stupidity that they continue to pay you 11.5.
JESUS

mrcoolawesome
11-20-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic

You deserve the 11.5 you were paid and I hope because of your stupidity that they continue to pay you 11.5.
JESUS Who the fuck are you talking?

wiggaplz
11-20-2008, 03:03 PM

c'mon brother.....just by using simple logics you should pretty know what you make a cheque.

if i had 100 dollars missing from every cheque i'd be fuming too. that shit goes a long ass way.

seriously, who in their right mind doesn't look at pay stubs?

mrcoolawesome
11-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by wiggaplz

c'mon brother.....just by using simple logics you should pretty know what you make a cheque.

if i had 100 dollars missing from every cheque i'd be fuming too. that shit goes a long ass way.

seriously, who in their right mind doesn't look at pay stubs?
I know you guys are right to say I should have noticed sooner, but to say I deserve 11.50 because of my stupidity is fucking ludacris.

yoda124
11-20-2008, 03:18 PM
the same thing happened to my buddy.He applied at superstore.They advertise 15.40 to start on their front window.He was told he was hired fulltime.When he got his pay he was only making $9.40 and told he was only part-time.:bullshit:

mrcoolawesome
11-20-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by yoda124
the same thing happened to my buddy.He applied at superstore.They advertise 15.40 to start on their front window.He was told he was hired fulltime.When he got his pay he was only making $9.40 and told he was only part-time.:bullshit:
That sucks, did he get it fixed?

Destinova403
11-20-2008, 03:51 PM
^^

no he quit and moved on with his life and found a new job....

11.50 is decent money wtf is with the entitlement attitude.

QuasarCav
11-20-2008, 03:54 PM
Reading the fine print will usually prevent these situations.

The higher dollar value quoted will include such things as retention bonuses, shift premiums and so on.

Kavy
11-20-2008, 04:03 PM
Steal
:facepalm:

JESUS

it took you 3 minutes to flip flop, im glad you did however as "stealing" from your employer is about as stupid as buying a hyundia.

mrcoolawesome
11-20-2008, 04:18 PM

:facepalm:

it took you 3 minutes to flip flop, im glad you did however as "stealing" from your employer is about as stupid as buying a hyundia.
Unless you get away with it, lol.

Kona9
11-20-2008, 04:22 PM

Unless you get away with it, lol.

Don't look for help and expect serious answers if you are going to act like a stupid punk kid.

Kavy
11-20-2008, 04:28 PM

Don't look for help and expect serious answers if you are going to act like a stupid punk kid.

QFT

Mrcool you piss off enough people with your post whoring and now your pissing off people with your stupidity. I tried to help you on several instances but it seems all you want to do is act like a 6 year old.

I do hope you steal, and I do hope you get caught and i do hope you get a cozy cell with a guy named bubba who specializes in brown eye enlargements.

mrcoolawesome
11-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Whatever.

Kona9
11-20-2008, 05:54 PM
Whatever.

That's all I fugured you'd have to say. Have fun suckin the under 13 dollar an hour dick for a while princess.

mrcoolawesome
11-20-2008, 06:35 PM

That's all I fugured you'd have to say. Have fun suckin the under 13 dollar an hour dick for a while princess.
What a big man you are talking shit on an internet forum.

drtoohotty1
11-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Whatever.

What a big man you are talking shit on an internet forum.

E THUG FIGHT!!!!

:thumbsup:

n1zm0
11-21-2008, 10:40 AM

Well, I will be quitting for sure as soon as I get another job, but I will be left with a sick feeling if I don't get reimbursed! I will feel like I worked all that time fore nothing. I'm missing hundreds of dollars!

plan your 2 weeks to leave on pay day, that way you will probably only miss out on 2 days worth of pay (at all the places i've worked pay cutoff day is usually 2-3days before you get your cheque) :dunno: