PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here work at Futureshop/Bestbuy?

mrcoolawesome
11-17-2008, 08:03 PM
What is it like?

Tarrantula
11-17-2008, 08:12 PM
In car audio.... AWESOME

Any other departments suck. Especially media.

dr_jared88
11-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Holy shit every thread I open you are asking a question haha. Anyway its decent short term but really gets annoying fast. Their cult like tactics are enough to drive someone off the edge. Only thing I miss is the discount. That and having a job I don't give a fuck about haha.

Kavy
11-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Before you ask

http://www.sciencemadesimple.com/sky_blue.html

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meaning_of_life

This should prevent you from making a thread for a hour or so.

qbnb
11-17-2008, 08:58 PM
Yes.
Decent.

dj_rice
11-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Hello new teg_boya

BrknFngrs
11-17-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by dr_jared88
Their cult like tactics are enough to drive someone off the edge.

Agreed! Unless you are the kind of person who is really into the whole "having a best friend at work", etc the culture there will drive you insane.

mrcoolawesome
11-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs

Agreed! Unless you are the kind of person who is really into the whole "having a best friend at work", etc the culture there will drive you insane.
What do you mean exactly?

xLostx
11-17-2008, 09:38 PM
worked at future suck for a year and a bit in IPG, found that pretty much everyone at future shop only hangs out with people from future shop and thinks it's the best place ever but really it sucks balls lol. all they care about is numbers

04es
11-18-2008, 12:43 AM
i work at best buy and its not to bad slack at the sunridge location. I work in car audio, i dont have a bffae at work haha i try to stay away from that stuff. discount isnt bad on somethings.

dr_jared88
11-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by xLostx
worked at future suck for a year and a bit in IPG, found that pretty much everyone at future shop only hangs out with people from future shop and thinks it's the best place ever but really it sucks balls lol. all they care about is numbers

Yea this is so true even at Best Buy. If you do happen to chill with someone from the store, manager or not, all they talk about is what happened that day or who they screwed into purchasing PSP that day. The politics there is so ridiculous. I live a province away yet I still get the daily update on who was canned and what happened. It's disgusting.

Also if you have a blackberry make sure NO ONE gets your pin or the next thing you know everyone and their dog has it and you get pinned the stored closing numbers EVERY FRICKING NIGHT.

Zewind
11-21-2008, 02:55 PM
I cant seem to make it past the stupid online career questionaire.

prae
11-21-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Zewind

Then you've got bigger problems my friend.

dr_jared88
11-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Zewind

Trick is to answer truthfully. The take off the top and bottom meaning that if you score to high you won't get looked at because you are assumed to be not answering truthfully.

calgary350z
11-25-2008, 10:16 PM
honestly right now we are pretty much calling everybody as we are hiring a ton of seasonals and giving them a chance to have a interview over the phone to weed out all the people that dont make sense to hire. The online questionare is just a guideline and is not how most managers at FS base it on.....unless you get pretty much a zero score.

Donmega
11-25-2008, 11:07 PM
It's not that bad actually. I've been there for a bit but learned a lot at the same time, it's pretty chill. Worked in Tcomm (cell phones and cameras) and IPG (computers) which I'm in at the moment. I know there's a lot of hate for the commissioned sales approach, but there are some legit people that will make sure your happy whether or not you purchased something. A lot of people don't know that if they end up returning their purchase the commission leaves as well, so in the end we or at least I make sure the customer is happy and comfortable with their purchase prior to the sale and after as well.

All in all, it's not a bad place to work. give it a try :)

2jzgte
11-25-2008, 11:39 PM
My 3 months working at Bestbuy was either a good time or really boring. I left to go to California for a month. Boss wasn't happy when he found out.

-Meetings are usually at the crack ass of sunrise (7:00am)

-Working for 3 months gets you a discount(which is something called on cost, whatever bestbuy buys that item at) eg. hd cables cost 10 dollars they sell them for 60, you get them at 10 dollars

-Usually one or two guys who's been there for 5 years+

-Pay never gets screwed up

-Some reason Car/audio guys are really cool

any other question just Pm