PDA

View Full Version : death trap

Moe Man
09-23-2003, 08:52 PM
the other day me and redline 13000 where driving on 16th ave by 68th going towards 52nd and the sun was very low to the ground so your visers didnt do much in blocking out the sun and visability was like 2 metres infront of you.....anyways there was a gmc savana driving next to us and we where in the left lane and the van was in the right lane.as you get closer to 52nd there is a median on the far right that starts low and has an incline,next thing you know the right side of the van hits the beging of the median and the right side of the van starts to rise up untill the driver realises the van is about to flip over she turns the van to the left and it jumps off the median....if she,yes,she left the van on there for a sec it would have fliped right over and we would have had a one tone van on our heads.i have never seen the sun that low before. anyways it was frighting street encounter :nut:

rice_eater
09-23-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Moe Man
i have never seen the sun that low before.

of course...it's the end of the world dude... the sun is starting to SET :nut: WE"RE ALL DOOMED!!! OH LOOOOOORD!!! :nut: :nut: :nut: wwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeee

roopi
09-24-2003, 01:04 AM
looks like mr burns and the sun blocker would have been handy in this situation.

NautiuB
09-24-2003, 02:23 AM
this only happens to people who suck at driving

redec
09-24-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Moe Man
i have never seen the sun that low before

don't get out much in the evenings I guess?.....it happens every single night :P

Hakkola
09-24-2003, 09:58 PM
It's only that low because we just passed the fall equinox I believe. The sun isn't like that every night.

rice_eater
09-25-2003, 12:19 AM
what? the sun sets at different hights? it might get there at a diff time of day but as far as i've seen it's been setting over the mountains for as long as i've lived in calgary.... Maybe you mean you haven't seen it that low at that time of day

EG STyLeZ
09-25-2003, 12:22 AM
no, it doesn't set at different heights... that would make no sense lol it sets in slightly different directions throughout the year

Hakkola
09-25-2003, 10:26 AM
hard to explain, the angle changes, the sun is higher in the summer than it is in the winter, so before sunset it's going to seem brighter because it will be right in your face, during the summer you don't have the same problem when driving west.

You know what i mean, of course it can't set at different height, it wouldn't 'set' then.

Weapon_R
09-25-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater

of course...it's the end of the world dude... the sun is starting to SET :nut: WE"RE ALL DOOMED!!! OH LOOOOOORD!!! :nut: :nut: :nut: wwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeee

The Reds are attacking!! Man the nukes!

accordboi_02
09-25-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

The Reds are attacking!! Man the nukes!

Where's GTS-Jeff?????????

:dunno:

hjr
09-25-2003, 07:16 PM
well i suggest that she or you or both get a good set of polarized sun glasses. There not just for looks anymore. Turns out they are usefull for blocking sun.

Weapon_R
09-25-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by accordboi_02

Where's GTS-Jeff?????????

:dunno:

He's probably busy laying siege to 16th avenue right now. Eyewitness reports above have already confirmed this.

accordboi_02
09-25-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

He's probably busy laying siege to 16th avenue right now. Eyewitness reports above have already confirmed this.

LOL

Last I heard, he was in that shitty town called Edmonton!!!
;)

Man, commies do move fast, don't they???