PDA

View Full Version : Sugo

300rwhp
11-18-2008, 03:27 PM
I went to sugo last night after a few recommendations in this thread and from a friend. To be honest I have found any of the finer dining recommendations on chowhound to be disappointing, the cheaper rec's have been excellent. So back to sugo arrive at 8pm for our reso, the restaurant has three tables, one large party of 7, which is already on mains and two two tops. We sit down and water is brought shortly. We then make our decisions and place our orders, my two companions order flatbread pizzas with one substitution. I order the smoked pork tenderloin. After about 30 mins I am beginning to wonder where our food is and a few minutes later our server stops by saying the pizzas are being plated. About 10 mins after that the pizzas arrive and then she comes back with a third pizza for me. Now I know I ordered the tenderloin but instead I received the pork pizza they offer. A possible mistake that I can look past. I offer to eat the pizza as the pork tenderloin will likely take awhile given how long the pizzas took. I should be honest I was not so convivial and used the phrase " that will take forever so I will just eat the pizza". Our server took offense to my comment, and said very rudely "no! it wont" and proceeded to take the pizza away. She returned shortly after saying it would take 4 minutes to serve the tenderloin. Sure in my mind I thought how could it take 4 minutes to cook a pork entree and plate it when your pizzas take 40 mins. But anywas 4 minutes comes and goes then at about 25 mins as it is now 930pm my dish arrives, at which point my companions are completely finished. I ask for the bill when she sets my dish down and when it comes back I open it to see no discount or gratis pork tenderloin. After waiting over 1 hour for a main course I am not longer willing to eat this dish, and tell our server so, she then says "fine if that is the case I will take this away" referring to the pork tenderloin in a threatening manner. All in all after just short of $40 dollars for two mediocre flatbread pizzas that took 40 minutes to make along with very rude service noted by all in our party we agree sugo was not what it had been made out to be.