PDA

View Full Version : Anyone crossed the border with a DUI offence?

sevewone
11-19-2008, 05:03 PM
Got a little issue here, Im set to go to Mexico for a month in Feb, but I got a dui when I was like 18 :thumbsdow . I cant get a pardon cause I hasnt been over 3 years. Thing is when I took the driver training to get my license back, about 20 of us wanted to know if we would still be able to travel in the states. She said it should be no problem at all but I was just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with this. Thanks

Stunt66
11-19-2008, 05:07 PM
Mexico will let anyone in.

sillysod
11-19-2008, 05:09 PM
if they ask you if you have ever been finger printed... etc. just say no.

they never check. I have buddies that go all the time to the US with impaireds and they always say no and have never had a problem.

rinny
11-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by sillysod
if they ask you if you have ever been finger printed... etc. just say no.

they never check. I have buddies that go all the time to the US with impaireds and they always say no and have never had a problem.

But get checked while lying and be banned from the country for 5 years - Life...

ryder_23
11-19-2008, 05:25 PM
I have a few buddies with recent DUI's, i guess somewhat recent, and they goto vegas all the time :dunno:

Eleanor
11-19-2008, 08:37 PM
You need a Delorean capable of traveling at 88mph.

When you find that, punch yourself in the face for getting a DUI and expecting people to help you.

kthxbye

5000Audi
11-19-2008, 08:41 PM
man you can go to mexico with a armed robbery record.. i know because a stupif family friend married a guy that did such a thing.. just take a direct flight there if you think there will be a problem in the states

1997GSR
11-19-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor

When you find that, punch yourself in the face for getting a DUI and expecting people to help you.

kthxbye

:whocares:

babyblueg2
11-20-2008, 02:06 PM
go direct flight and ull b ok

Sophal
11-20-2008, 10:09 PM
An impared is considered a misdemeanor not a felony. You'll be ok.

sevewone
11-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor

kthxbye

Delorean going 88? wow buddy, Did you think of that knee slapper all by yourself?! Oh and my bad, I wasnt aware that getting a DUI excluded you from ever being able to get advice from people ya tool.

kthxbye

sevewone
11-21-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Sophal
An impared is considered a misdemeanor not a felony. You'll be ok.

It doesnt matter though, Any Record being misdemenor or not can affect you from entering there country. My old emplyee had a assault charge he forgot about cause he got into some fight like 10 years back, They brought that up with him. But I think I just have to contact the American counsellet and see what they will allow.

HiTempguy1
11-24-2008, 07:00 PM
A pardon might not help you either. I went on a trip with some friends (and some of their friends came along) this year and one was turned away at the border due to some charges that had been pardoned. Border officials stated that the US wasn't observing Canadian pardon's.

SRT8
11-26-2008, 01:18 AM
Canada does not share any criminal information with Mexico. We do share with the USA and they share information with us (CPIC for NCIC and vice versa).

US inadmissibility is for "crimes of moral turpitude". A Canadian with a DUI conviction is not inadmissible to the USA.

I have no idea what makes a person inadmissible to Mexico. I tried looking, but at the end of the day, it probably isn't a DUI, and even if it is, they will not have that info.

DO NOT LIE TO THE AMERICANS ABOUT MINOR CONVICTIONS!! That will get you in a heap of it. They do not care about a DUI. Any drug conviction is a different story, but they do have access to Canadian Police Information.