PDA

View Full Version : LF: Best Weight Gain protien

b18cr
11-19-2008, 08:55 PM
does anyone have any recommend any that you will gain in about a 2 months or so. im looking to put on about 10-20 pounds of mass. then cut it down to lean muscle mass.'

ive currently been using nitrotech
http://www.bodybuildingclub.gr/images/thumbnails/PRD_NTR_HC_bottle_jpg.jpg
this is my 2nd month in and it claims you'll gain 9 pounds in just 14 days.
i havent gained anything yet and i drink it every morning and right after my work out.

Trini
11-19-2008, 09:22 PM
I had used cytogainer..worked pretty well.

94boosted
11-19-2008, 09:23 PM
They will all work just make sure it's got lot's of protein the rest of the shit in weight gainers is just sugar so IMO it doesn't matter what brand you use.

zipdoa
11-19-2008, 09:39 PM
lean ground beef. :closed:

liquidboi69
11-19-2008, 10:15 PM
From SupplementsCanada.com reviews + what I would recommend:

1. Allmax Quickmass
2. BSN True Mass
3. CytoSport CytoGainer

take those, then eat alot of carbs and beef before and after workout/before sleep. Also I recommend obviously a lot of calories, but clean calories. No junk food.

kerry
11-20-2008, 01:35 PM
I've had a few friends use Muscle Juice and loved it.

LadyLuck
11-20-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by liquidboi69

1. Allmax Quickmass
2. BSN True Mass
3. CytoSport CytoGainer

take those, then eat alot of carbs and beef before and after workout/before sleep. Also I recommend obviously a lot of calories, but clean calories. No junk food.

+1 for Quickmass, helped me put on 7 pounds in less than 2 weeks.

and strawberry banana doesnt taste that bad either.

Prelude_dude
11-20-2008, 02:08 PM
back in highschool from GNC i bought this massive bucket called MEGAMASS 3000, gained about 13 pounds over the course of a week and a half, i continued to take it for the rest of the year but didn't gain anymore. Stuff was absolutely disgusting tho lol, had to mix it with yogurt, or peanut butter, or ice cream , or bananas or something

teggypimp95
11-20-2008, 02:12 PM
i use muscle juice from popeyes. like 60g of protein and 1200cal if you mix with milk.

I have gained 20 pounds in a few months. If you drive them twice a day religiously (not a meal replacment) that u will notice quick results.

If your not drinking them regulary or off and on, they wont do much for you.

Also if you take a pre and post work out creatine drink, it will help your muscles to absorb the protine better. But keep in mind u will gain 5 pounds in water weight.

teggypimp95
11-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by 94boosted
They will all work just make sure it's got lot's of protein the rest of the shit in weight gainers is just sugar so IMO it doesn't matter what brand you use.

Not always true my friend. The good thing about muscle juice, there is no added surgar.

KRyn
11-20-2008, 02:15 PM
To keep your gains as clean as possible you want a weight gainer with the highest ratio of protein to carbs. However weight gainers with a very high protein ratio are usually more expensive and contain fewer servings. Usually in the area of $80.00 per tub for 15-20 servings. If you can afford them go crazy. I know that Muscle Juice is 4 carbs to 1 gram of protein, Ultimate Nutrition's weight gainers are a 3 to 1 ratio. There are a few out there that have a 1 to 1 ratio, look for something like this if you can afford it. Also try and find something with a low sugar content. If I was not on my BB I would post some links to my favorite weight gainers.

Remember all you need to do to gain weight is intake more calories than you use in a day.

b18cr
11-20-2008, 07:07 PM
quickmass or megamass 3000 so far are my choices lol.

BigShow
11-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
i use muscle juice from popeyes........

A while ago I used this too, I gained 30lbs in 4 months it was crazy. And the chocolate flavour was good too! I'm sure everyone will have different results, but I would seriously consider this brand. Keep in mind if your not working out hard all the time you will get fat really fast from any weight gainer.

Redlined_8000
11-20-2008, 11:28 PM
You dont need all that flashy shit - waste of money. until you get your diet down 100% supps are pretty useless. This is your diet.

1.5g protein per pound of lean body mass
low glycemic carbs - berries, oats, yams, whole wheats, brown rice.
Healthy fats - nuts, steak, fish oil, eggs....

If you did want to buy some protein powders buy it online to save money and get good quality. This site is top notch - every other store (GNC) is rape....

http://www.trueprotein.com/

If you dont, start doing Deadlifts and Squats.

Good luck.

EDIT: By the way, for all you guys that bought your mass gainer 5000's and gained like 20 lbs in a month, read this article. Actually everyone should read it.

http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3389

civic_rida
11-21-2008, 12:19 AM
Great way to gain excess fat.

al-ti2d
11-21-2008, 12:26 AM
I've used muscle juice before.. if you drink it religiously, i'm sure it will show good results for you. I had to stop taking it half way into the tub because I couldn't bare to gulp down that disgusting taste in the mornings anymore (i bought strawberry and the taste was just way too sweet for my tastes.. blehh)

alot of my friends have been using quickmass as well.. that seems to be working well for them as i have noticed weight gains in them over the past year

Darkane
11-21-2008, 01:14 AM
What's with these weight gainers anyway? Seem like garbage to me..

Want a lot of calories fast? Drink a cup of heavy cream..

A cup of heavy cream has 6.6 grams of carbohydrate, and (get ready for it) 821 calories and 55 grams of saturated fat.

(Taken from: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/whattoeat/a/coffeecarbs.htm)

Mix that with 60g of a good chocolate, or whatever flavor cassein protein and you got 1060calories of delicious! It would be like chocolate pudding consistency.. Tell me how you can go wrong? Eat 2 tablespoon of peanut butter to push it over 1250cals.

Also by ingesting fat instead of sugary carbs, the excess cals will be put to muscle building duty rather than fat stores.

mowglee
12-11-2008, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
What's with these weight gainers anyway? Seem like garbage to me..

Want a lot of calories fast? Drink a cup of heavy cream..

A cup of heavy cream has 6.6 grams of carbohydrate, and (get ready for it) 821 calories and 55 grams of saturated fat.

(Taken from: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/whattoeat/a/coffeecarbs.htm)

Mix that with 60g of a good chocolate, or whatever flavor cassein protein and you got 1060calories of delicious! It would be like chocolate pudding consistency.. Tell me how you can go wrong? Eat 2 tablespoon of peanut butter to push it over 1250cals.

Also by ingesting fat instead of sugary carbs, the excess cals will be put to muscle building duty rather than fat stores.

:confused: would this actually work?

acmilano
01-10-2009, 10:00 PM
First piece of advice; get your diet / nutrition intake down. this will work better than any supplement out there.

Second piece of advice; do NOT buy anything from Muscle Tech. It is by far the worst company for supplements out there. Over priced and over rated. Go to forum.bodybuilding.com and look at the product review page. Almost all Muscle tech reviews are negative. I've used Gakic from them and it doesn't work. Just tasted like death. Save your money and stay away from MT.

Darkane
01-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by mowglee

:confused: would this actually work?

Logically, why wouldn't it?

Cals in VS Cals out

brentos
01-10-2009, 11:04 PM
I got a 10 pound tub of Quickmass Strawberry Bannana just siting around. Ill Wholesale it off to you if you want it lol
PM me if you want it.

Diesel2005
01-19-2009, 10:11 PM
how many scoops of allmax quickmass are you guys using?

Is it ok to use 1 scoop mixed with milk?

G-ZUS
01-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by liquidboi69

1. Allmax Quickmass

:werd: I swear by QuickMass

Joe-G
01-19-2009, 10:41 PM
Quick Mass gives me some pretty big gains in weight.
I didn't even take the full suggested servings, and i gained more weight. Then again, i gain weight pretty easily LOL

Toma
01-19-2009, 11:24 PM
There is not best. Excess protein will just go to fat anyway....

10-20 pounds gained in a month will be 10-20 pounds of fat.

May as well eat chocolate bars and ice cream all day.... probably cheaper too.

Joe-G
01-19-2009, 11:36 PM
I thought gaining the fat was part of the process? Then cutting it and making it into muscle was next?

I noticed that with proper exercise, i gained more weight, but with the weight i gained muscle as well. Without the proper exercise, it truly all just turns into fat.

theken
01-20-2009, 12:49 AM
gaining fat is gaining fat, fat does not magically turn into muscle, fat burns off, you want muscle gains eat lots of protein, work your ass off.

3500 calories=1 lb of fat if you want to gain weight have a excess off 3500 calories more then you burn off and you will gain a lb a week. keep in mind you probably burn 11-1500 a day just by being there.

Toma
01-20-2009, 02:25 AM
Excess anything will not make you gain muscle faster. But a deficiency will hinder. Hence the theory of dousing yourself in "nutrition" so you are never 'short'.

The only thing you can gain 20 pounds of in a month is fat and water, neither of which will make you gain muscle faster.

Eat healthy, eat often, eat good food. Skip the processed junk. Work out hard.

Kennyredline
01-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
i use muscle juice from popeyes. like 60g of protein and 1200cal if you mix with milk.

I have gained 20 pounds in a few months. If you drive them twice a day religiously (not a meal replacment) that u will notice quick results.

If your not drinking them regulary or off and on, they wont do much for you.

Also if you take a pre and post work out creatine drink, it will help your muscles to absorb the protine better. But keep in mind u will gain 5 pounds in water weight.

I used that once...not for me at all, I have a smaller build, and wanted to gain muscle mass...but that stuuf has so much fat...di you not find it was adding for fat mass than muscle mass?

BumbleBeeCivic
01-23-2009, 11:22 PM
If you want to be budget conscious, couldn't you just buy a whey powder and add your own fats and carbs?

it seems silly to be spending good money on sugar and fats, when they are so easily found in other places.

Things like rice and olive oil are reasonably cheap, and they don't come laced in 2000 unknown chemical additives.

IMHO, weight gainers are worth it, if the price doesn't matter, and you want the extra convenience.