PDA

View Full Version : car issue

5000Audi
11-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Well i got a 86 Audi 5000 QT..

So the problem is..

some times when im hitting higher RPM's the car sputters really nicely...untill i let off the gas and press it down again... but it only dose this sometimes not always.. noticed it today when driving...

Could it be the Dizzy? like as in needing a new cap and rotor? i know its not my plug wires as they are brand new since one of them broke when i cheaked a spark plug...

So what you guys figer? cap and rotor is my thought...

One other thing that happend but i seemed to fix it...

my car was sitting from 10 AM till around 9PM and when i jumped in and went to go on my jolly ol way it seemed like my back brakes were rubbing.. so i pulled over after driving from 16th ave at 52nd to barlow then to the mcdees there and had a look and one of my rotors was a beautiful orange glowing color.. :facepalm:so i grabbed my tire iron and hit my calipers and it free'd them up so they were not rubbing.. drove right home and they were not lovely orange again BUT question is.. will i need to replace the pads and rotor now? since it got that hot?

last question about the brakes... why would they stick like that? is it because it was colder or somthing? im not sure.. any input would be great thanks guys!