PDA

View Full Version : ..U-haul trailer.. low car?..

funkedelic2
11-20-2008, 12:29 AM
For those of you that have ever used a u-haul vehicle trailer, would you recommend using it to transport a lowered car? Can't seem to find a place that rents trailers suitable, u-haul is my cheapest and best bet right now.

240drifter
11-20-2008, 03:04 AM
Ive done it before but would recommend having lots of lumber it helps a lot.

ExtremeSi
11-20-2008, 03:13 AM
Yup same here. I did it with my car, but I had to use some old lumber to extend the ramps even further so my car wouldnt scrape. Also, the deck is not completely flat; there is a 2-3" lip that sticks up on the inside track of the car's wheels that you have to watch out for.

And I had to crawl out the window of my car to get out. Even though they have foldable wheel covers (that block the car doors), they didn't fold low enough.

But in the end it did the job. And my car is really low.

SpoonEK9@STRD
11-20-2008, 12:11 PM
Theres tricks for getting a really low car on that trailer. Get the truck and trailer on a lower level than where the car is... 1 foot lower... so you might have to look for steep drive way. Put the ramps down, then you can drive the car onto it perfectly straight.

If its on a level surface, the ramp incline will be too much and you will high center the car.

Jlude
11-20-2008, 12:13 PM
where you taking your car?

zieg
11-20-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm gonna have to do this in a couple months too. I was thinking I'd remove the lip and then it should be fine. But mine's only 2" lower than stock..

funkedelic2
11-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Jlude
where you taking your car?

Edmonton

I think im going to give the trailer a shot and see how it goes.

dr_jared88
11-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Yea just get the full trailer (not one of those half dollys) and bring some wood to extend the ramps to a more gradual incline. I got an rx-7 on one no problem.