PDA

View Full Version : Living in Lethbridge

Delbert
11-20-2008, 05:03 AM
How is it like living in Lethbridge? (cost of living, jobs and others)
Thanks

JordanAndrew
11-20-2008, 05:24 AM
http://www.chooselethbridge.ca/chooselivability/costofliving.php

google it up. This search took me 2 seconds to find, I'm sure you can find more if you search more. :dunno: :dunno:

2002civic
11-20-2008, 08:27 AM
cheap, plenty of jobs when i was there last, but after four years you will be bored and ready to leave

ianmcc
11-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Hope you like wind....

DJ_NAV
11-20-2008, 10:26 AM
the wind was the only shitty part there.. but i found it sooo cheap living there compared to calgary. Partying is cheeaaap!!... I was there last friday and drinks were only $3 for beer/hiball. I'm used to racking up bills to 150-200, but it was only like 65$ in lethbridge.

Rent is cheap... when I lived there I was paying between 300-350 depending on the place... it might have gone up now(specifically on the west side).

Also, gas is cheaper there!

I didn't notice this until my parents came to visit, but they said grocery stores are cheaper too in leth... i'm not sure why??

Rat Fink
11-20-2008, 10:28 AM

FlamingC19
11-20-2008, 01:47 PM
Yea i go to school down at UofL and for me I love it down there. Like previously said before you can get across town in 10-15 min the most a cab ride has ever costed me was $20 and the wind isn't even that bad. Its a smaller city with the abundance of people being either University/College students or older people. It is more of a party town...hence the college/university students. But prices have gone up a bit, nothing compare to Calgary but rent is atleast $400-450 per month.

Delbert
11-21-2008, 07:55 AM
Thank you. Appreciate it. Keep them coming.

psycoticclown
11-23-2008, 05:02 AM
I live in Lethbridge and it's a pretty nice city. Moved from Calgary this year. I pay a bit more than most people for rent, but I have a 2 bedroom basement suite in a completely brand new house in a brand new community with garage parking for $1200/month incl utilities, cable and internet and 5 appliances. Ya, I know it's pricey but my friend is moving down in January which is perfect. My place is 5 min drive from the Uni and 10 to downtown, community is fantastic, quiet at night, most of the houses haven't been finished here though.

As for other costs, I just filled up today for 0.76/L, 7 cents off at a Safeway station and groceries are pretty cheap if you go to Wal-Mart or Superstore. It's a pretty big party town though, but theres lots of jobs and the mall has pretty much everything you need in it, other than really high end stuff like Harry Rosen, etc. Bars are nice, no cover in most of the places and cheap drinks, although if your looking for trendier upscale places, there aren't many other than one club down here. You'll find that not too many people dress up going to the clubs. Went tonight to stop by and say hi to friends, costed me $5 and that included coat check and a couple of drinks. Better than paying cover at somewhere like Tantra just to say hi to somebody.

Great town overall, no traffic and pretty much everything you need. Anything that there isn't down here, Calgary is only 2 hours away, me and my buddy go back about twice a month. Windy as hell, but pretty warm other than that, no snow yet.

ercchry
11-23-2008, 05:21 AM
after im done school i want to move back down there... i enjoyed it and homes are way cheaper then calgary for what you get. only problem is going to be talking the girlfriend into moving haha.

Delbert
11-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Is the weather colder than Calgary? Does winter lasts that long too?

psycoticclown
11-23-2008, 10:22 PM
Warmer imo, when the wind comes, its fucking cold but without wind, definitely warmer. Still no snow down here, we had snow for only one day 3 weeks ago.

cycosis
11-24-2008, 12:56 AM
Less snow than Calgary, this is my fourth year down here. Winters last just as long though and it does have a mighty wind chill. Its a good town for school but just moving down here for the sake of it? Nope

Delbert
11-24-2008, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by cycosis
Less snow than Calgary, this is my fourth year down here. Winters last just as long though and it does have a mighty wind chill. Its a good town for school but just moving down here for the sake of it? Nope

Moving my family to Lethbridge if opportunities and standard of living there are much better.

Kavy
11-24-2008, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Delbert

Moving my family to Lethbridge if opportunities and standard of living there are much better.

The job market is very different in lethbridge, there 40k is a good salary, sure cost of living might be less so it feels like its cheaper but you make less money.

I have a lot of friends who live in lethbridge and I was there for 6 years and the wages in lethbridge suck. If you are opening a business in lethbridge do er up, if not expect to be underpaid.