PDA

View Full Version : Review: Direct2You's Detailing Services - Pics of Work Incl.

Pages : [1] 2

A790
11-20-2008, 11:39 AM

Price: $150

Package: Interior-only detail w/ carpet and leather treatment

Score: 5/5

Summary: Renee took great care of my vehicle and it shows. Her meticulous attention to detail is evident in that every nook and cranny of my *very* dirty car is clean, polished (where appropriate), or shampoo'd.

She went far beyond what I'd expect a detailer to do, going so far as to pick up and drop off my vehicle to suit my schedule. Yes, she's a friend of mine and that may seem as if it creates bias, but when it comes down to business it's a whole different game and she knows the score.

I'm very impressed.

Comments: She picked up my car at approximately 4:00pm yesterday and told me that she'd be a few hours with it. While she was gone I was able to get down and work on some projects that I'd been putting off, head out to the local pub with my roommate, and generally do other things aside from waiting for my vehicle to be ready.

Since Renee is a good friend of mine I was under the impression that the quality of work may not be as good as I'd experienced with other detailers. This isn't to be a knock at her, because I've discovered that she's as detail oriented with my vehicle as she is with other customers, but something that I've discovered about doing business with friends. I am very happy to see that my vehicle was treated the same way, with the same attention to detail that a "regular" customer would have received. I like.

One of my ideas was to make her life a little difficult. I planted things in my car, which was already quite dirty, to see if she'd get them. You know, small things that
aren't obvious or really all that noticeable unless, of course, you're looking for them. Convinced that my evil plan would "catch" her and give me something to harass her about later, I went about putting things in or on the interior of my vehicle. You know, small things: a blotch of cigarette ash over there, a dab of ketchup over here, some garbage shoved waaaaaay back there, etc.

I want to say that I'm surprised that Renee found and cleaned it all, but I'm not. Actually, in hindsight (and after seeing how Renee treats her own, highly polished vehicles), I'm not surprised at all that she not only found and cleaned my "traps", but also removed spots and stains that were there from the last time I had the car detailed.

As I said, meticulous.

She dropped the car off a few minutes past 8, and unfortunately it was too dark to take pictures at that point. I'll get some a bit later today when I head out again to get some winter tires. Until then, suffice it for me to say that she's done a very good job- better than any interior detail I've ever had, to be honest.

7thgenvic
11-20-2008, 11:43 AM
nice nice! how are the air vents? and the cracks. The best place to look is between the seats and the center console. I think what makes a clean interior perfect is making sure that the cracks are sprayed with de-greaser and then air gunned out. It would be nice to see some pictures

A790
11-20-2008, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
nice nice! how are the air vents? and the cracks. The best place to look is between the seats and the center console. I think what makes a clean interior perfect is making sure that the cracks are sprayed with de-greaser and then air gunned out. It would be nice to see some pictures
Dude, it's like a clean room in there. Not a speckle of dust to be found. Believe me, I looked for anything that I could use to harang her later and perhaps coax free drinks out of.

Not a damn thing.

There is ONE spot left in my car, on the drivers a-pillar, but I knew beforehand that she wasn't getting that out. Nothing can seem to get that little fucker out... :( It's like a cling on, you know, that one piece of shit that just won't wipe away.

Tarrantula
11-20-2008, 11:48 AM
You should post a pic of the spot that wont come out..

A790
11-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Tarrantula
You should post a pic of the spot that wont come out..
Will do.

Pics will come in a few hours as I have some running around to do this afternoon.

Crymson
Looks good! Be callin' her pronto.

SoSlowDx
Is there a website to check out her services? or just PM? :)

inline6turbo
11-20-2008, 11:50 AM
Thanks Cam for your wonderful review.

And I know that spot you're talking about. I think I went at it 3 or 4 times with different stain removers and scrubby brushes. Very frustrating :banghead:

But I'm glad you love your car. It was very challenging, one of the dirtiest I've seen in a long while. But I love a good challenge :)

QuasarCav
11-20-2008, 11:54 AM
I might as well review my girlfriends cooking.

A790
11-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
Understandable opinion, but since Renee is not my girlfriend it's only half relevant. Why don't you give her a shot and see for yourself? You can be a cynical all you want, but unless you actually have a legitimate reason to question my review (or the reviews of others that will be popping up her quite soon I'd imagine) you're just trying to be a troll.

So... good for you, for that, I guess :)

LowRiderHD2000
11-20-2008, 12:25 PM
I'm booked for Saturday. I will write a full review after work is completed.

Complete Stage 2 package + Shampoo

Thanks Reene

inline6turbo
11-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Look forward to seeing you :)

A790
11-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Pics :)

Keep in mind that the car had been used lightly since Renee dropped it off. I think it's fantastic :)

http://www.salvomedia.com/beyond/IMGP1867.JPG
http://www.salvomedia.com/beyond/IMGP1868.JPG
http://www.salvomedia.com/beyond/IMGP1869.JPG
http://www.salvomedia.com/beyond/IMGP1870.JPG
http://www.salvomedia.com/beyond/IMGP1871.JPG
http://www.salvomedia.com/beyond/IMGP1873.JPG
http://www.salvomedia.com/beyond/IMGP1874.JPG

gpomp
11-20-2008, 06:07 PM
I might as well review my girlfriends cooking. is it good?

Team_Mclaren
11-20-2008, 09:28 PM

can she cook for me too? I will do a positive review i promise :rofl:

adam c
11-21-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
... spring rolls...

mmm:drool:

gkAeris
11-21-2008, 10:06 AM
great, i was hopign someone can write a review before i use her.

thanks

inline6turbo
11-21-2008, 10:28 AM
I look forward to working with you :)

Originally posted by max_boost
I've always been one to support local forum members. I'll bring Renee my 3 cars once spring rolls around. :thumbsup:

inline6turbo
11-21-2008, 10:32 AM
I pm'd you back a little while ago. Hope you got it :)

Originally posted by gkAeris

thanks

Crymson
11-21-2008, 10:37 AM
I think i'm going to get her to do my car before it either a) gets sold/traded in, or b) goes into winter storage.

Looking forward to it, i've never had a pro detail done before.

A790
11-21-2008, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Crymson
I think i'm going to get her to do my car before it either a) gets sold/traded in, or b) goes into winter storage.

Looking forward to it, i've never had a pro detail done before.
LOL it's a good investment... ESPECIALLY the leather treatment :)

BerserkerCatSplat
11-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by gkAeris

thanks

I take it you bought the Buttsecks? ;)

JRSC00LUDE
11-21-2008, 02:04 PM
Edited for Renee - Sorry babe! :cry:

Kona9
11-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Nice work Renee, looks like you really polished that knob. :D

:rofl:

Do you (Renee) remove seats (front) when doing interiors?

adam c
11-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Nice work Renee, looks like you really polished that knob. :D

she gave it quite a hand job, looks like a good ol spit and shine to me

inline6turbo
11-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

:rofl:

Do you (Renee) remove seats (front) when doing interiors?

If the job require that I do, then yes. Ie: lots of pet hair or a large spill.

Originally posted by adam c

she gave it quite a hand job, looks like a good ol spit and shine to me

I'd appreciate it if threads that are work related can remain mature please and thank you.

Not to ruin all the fun or anything :thumbsup:

adam c
11-21-2008, 02:47 PM
^^
:(

i was just complimenting you on your abilities, i don't think you used a machine to get that job done

inline6turbo
11-21-2008, 02:54 PM
mmmhmmmm :whipped:

lol just please try to be respectful :)

ekguy
11-22-2008, 10:58 AM
How are you with leather interiors?? My Legend could use a nice cleaning come spring...Would now but there is no point winter is here and she'll get all dirty again...Seems like there is dirt on my leather I can get some out but I don't have anything leather specific to clean em with...

Crymson
11-22-2008, 11:07 AM
inline6 picked up and delivered my car last night , i'm really happy with it. The exterior didn't leave her alot to work with but she took the extra time to get it looking fantastic. DEFINATELY the best value for a detail i've ever found and the evening pick up and drop off makes it infintely better.

Thanks.

inline6turbo
11-23-2008, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by ekguy
How are you with leather interiors?? My Legend could use a nice cleaning come spring...Would now but there is no point winter is here and she'll get all dirty again...Seems like there is dirt on my leather I can get some out but I don't have anything leather specific to clean em with...

I have specific leather cleaner and conditioner.
I just completed a full leather reconditioning tonight, he's a member on the forums here and should have pictures for me to show you soon. It's definitely a huge investment. I wards off any kind of discoloration and cracking if done on a regular basis.
Stay tuned :)

inline6 picked up and delivered my car last night , i'm really happy with it. The exterior didn't leave her alot to work with but she took the extra time to get it looking fantastic. DEFINATELY the best value for a detail i've ever found and the evening pick up and drop off makes it infintely better.

Thanks.

Thanks for your kind words. I absolutely loved your car
:love:

Carlton
11-23-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by A790

LOL it's a good investment... ESPECIALLY the leather treatment :)

Do I need to wash your mouth with soap?

A790
11-23-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Carlton

Do I need to wash your mouth with soap?

Uhh... sure?

5000Audi
11-23-2008, 12:07 PM
inline6turbo, Your ext polishing.. will its remove my clear coat fade? my hood is slowly turning white from red haha

inline6turbo
11-23-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by 5000Audi
inline6turbo, Your ext polishing.. will its remove my clear coat fade? my hood is slowly turning white from red haha

I would have to look at it first but in most cases if the clear hasn't started peeling I can get back to almost like new condition. :)

Crymson
11-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Did any of those pics turn out any good?

5000Audi
11-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by inline6turbo

I would have to look at it first but in most cases if the clear hasn't started peeling I can get back to almost like new condition. :)

yeah theres no pealing at all on the car.. its more or less just the hood and front fenders i need done.. the rest of the car is good.. how much would a front hood/ fenders cost me.. Thanks!

inline6turbo
11-23-2008, 11:33 PM
Did any of those pics turn out any good?

I'll be checking them out tomorrow. I've been so crazy busy I haven't had a chance to get to them!
Did you want me to just post them in your thread or email them to you?

Originally posted by 5000Audi

yeah theres no pealing at all on the car.. its more or less just the hood and front fenders i need done.. the rest of the car is good.. how much would a front hood/ fenders cost me.. Thanks!

PM'd

LowRiderHD2000
11-24-2008, 12:37 PM
I dropped off my Range Rover Sport to Renee on Saturday morning for a Complete Stage 2 Detail Package + Shampoo + Leather Clean/Condition + Deodorize.

Renee did a Great job!! Any concerns or problem that I had with my truck she resolved. (Stains in the interior, Damaged paint, Smoke smell). The interior on my truck was in very bad shape and needed a serious cleaning. Renee detailed the interior, shampooed the carpet and headliner and clean/conditioned my leather seats. It looks great. Renee also did a 4 step wax/polish on my trucks paint. I live outside the city and must drive on a country road with lots of gravel trucks. My paint showed the abuse the country roads. Renee got my paint back to an amazing like *new* shine. The paint and chrome look really great!!! Renee runs a great operation that goes out of her way to make sure her clients leave very happy.

I will be using Direct2You Imports again very soon. :thumbsup:

I will be sending Renee over some pictures soon.

inline6turbo
11-24-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks for very kind review! I absolutely loved your truck! Can't wait to see pictures. I look forward to seeing you soon!

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-26-2008, 09:59 PM
I can vouch for Renee's hard work when it comes to vehicles, especially when cleaning them. Renee, I will be pm'ing you this spring hopefully for a detail on a new vehicle... :thumbsup:

inline6turbo
11-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Thanks Jory!
Sometimes I think I shouldn't be doing this. I'm way to OCD when it comes to this. :rofl:
Can't wait to see your new whip and shiny it up for you!

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-27-2008, 10:07 AM
I wasn't going to mention the OCD part... but yea haha. I still remember you washing the GTR. We weren't even allowed to breathe near the trunk of the damn car hahaha.

inline6turbo
11-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
I wasn't going to mention the OCD part... but yea haha. I still remember you washing the GTR. We weren't even allowed to breathe near the trunk of the damn car hahaha.

Hahaha :facepalm:

Thanks Jory now I seem just weird lol

Tomaz
11-27-2008, 12:19 PM

Hahaha :facepalm:

Thanks Jory now I seem just weird lol

It's not weird! it's a great quality to have to offer such a service! If you did apartments, i would hire you on! :D

inline6turbo
11-27-2008, 12:52 PM
LOL I wouldn't do your apartment because I know the second I left you would destroy it again haha

GQBalla
12-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Just booked an appointment tomorrow -

I just picked up a 99 civic coupe for my new project and yeah...needs to be detailed there is scratches but no rust!!

my next review is goin to include before and after pics

A790
12-01-2008, 05:05 PM
LOL I wouldn't do your apartment because I know the second I left you would destroy it again haha
LOL aint that the truth?

Weapon_R
12-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Anyone have any pics of her work yet?

A790
12-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Anyone have any pics of her work yet?
There are some of my interior on the first page.

Crymson
12-01-2008, 05:07 PM
She took some of mine, but never sent them or posted them up. It's a good job.

inline6turbo
12-02-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm sorry I had left my camera at my mom's house accidentally and then forgot that I had left it there, thought I lost it lol

Anyways!

Here's the ones I have from your 7

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/IMG_0573-2.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/IMG_0574.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/IMG_0575.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/IMG_0576-1.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/IMG_0580.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/IMG_0581-1.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/IMG_0582-1.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/IMG_0583-1.jpg

Jeremiah
12-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Where are the after pics?

inline6turbo
12-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Couple things to note that your car received that are visible in the pictures

- Shampooed interior and detail
- Door jams and rubbers
- Polishing chrome exhaust
- Acid treated rims cleaning and tire shining
- Plastic outer trim on front lip and rear bumper polishing and plastic treating
- 3 step paint cleaning, polishing, waxing

and more

300zxfairlday
12-02-2008, 12:47 PM
nice work !!

gpomp
12-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
Where are the after pics? :rofl:

inline6turbo
12-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Trust me it looks great. It was somewhat difficult to get quality pictures with all the shadows being cast over the car.
And as I've said to every one of my customers, if anything is ever missed or needs touching up, I will gladly come and redo it at no cost. Even though that's never been needed, we stand by our work 100%.

Crymson
12-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Thanks Inline!

Yeah, it looks fantastic, and it smells like a dream too!

I'm super impressed with her work. I don't know what she uses for the exterior plastics but it REALLY brought them back to life.

I hope jeremiah is joking, becasue for a 15 year old car, i think it looks fantastic.

Stupid me put a bag of onions on the passenger seat though, and got onion flakes on it!

inline6turbo
12-02-2008, 01:25 PM
Thanks Inline!

Yeah, it looks fantastic, and it smells like a dream too!

I'm super impressed with her work. I don't know what she uses for the exterior plastics but it REALLY brought them back to life.

I hope jeremiah is joking, becasue for a 15 year old car, i think it looks fantastic.

I use a two step system for the exterior plastic.
First I use a plastic trim cleaner then follow it with a black rejuvenation polish from Turtle Wax for the shine. I've tried other kinds before but I found nothing else lasts quite as long as this. It makes a huge difference.

GQBalla
12-04-2008, 01:18 PM

Price: $123

Package: Interior-only detail w/ Shampoo treatment

Summary: I just purchased my project car, and despite being in pretty good condition and how good Cathy 3 runs, (yes I named her Cathy 3, because I have another civic (Cathy 1) and a CBR600RR (Cathy 2) who is for sale btw :D) she was quite dirty....

And by dirty I mean like smelt like someone smoked in it countless years with the windows up, drinking beer and spilling it everywhere and not bothering with personal hygiene.

The trunk smelled like they used it to carry countless bottles or cans of empty beer to be recycled. Let me tell you words cannot describe it.

After I let it air out for 12 hours at night was it somewhat bearable but still gross none the less.

Service: Renee picked up my car from my house a little before 4 :00 pm as discussed, prompt pick up and she was quite cheerful. BTW nice winter beater as you said Renee. Asked if it was okay that my car would be dropped off late, which was perfectly fine if I needed to go anywhere I had another car (can’t ride the bike it’s too cold for me).

She informed me that she had to go all the way across the city from where I was to get the car done, also very professional because yeah it’s a far drive and some people would be wonder to themselves where has their car been since XXX amount of KMs have been added to the odometer.

Renee called me back at approximately 9:30 pm letting me know my car was ready and gave me about when she was coming to my house for drop off. Dropped off my car and she explained a few things. Also let me know that whatever is missed she’ll redo it.

Overall im very impressed, Renee somehow got rid of the dirty ass smell and grunginess. The trunk and carpets look amazing. I could see she is really detailed in her work and takes pride, you can tell.

Im also very impressed that Renee even did the outside and engine bay, just a quick detail but none the less a very nice touch :D

Pictures:

Trunk Before
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011572.jpg

Trunk After
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011587.jpg
Very impressed with this

Passenger Before
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011568.jpg

Passenger After
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011619.jpg

Back Seats Before
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011570.jpg

Back Seats After
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011597.jpg
Little things like just doing the back seatbelts are very nice

Engine Bay Before
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011577.jpg

Engine Bay After
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011579.jpg

Passenger Side Before
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011571.jpg

Passenger Side After
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011604.jpg

Cluster Before
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011567.jpg

Cluster After
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011623.jpg

GQBalla
12-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Random After Shots
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011586.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011593.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011596.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011598.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011599.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011600.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011602.jpg

GQBalla
12-04-2008, 01:19 PM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011608.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011609.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011613.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011614.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011610.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011611.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011615.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011617.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011618.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011635.jpg

GQBalla
12-04-2008, 01:20 PM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011625.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011620.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011621.jpg
Even cleaned the glove box
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011629.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011627.jpg
Under the Seat
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011637.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011636.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011635.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011644.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011643.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011640.jpg http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h88/shiftjdm/S4011641.jpg

cityhunter2501
12-04-2008, 01:25 PM
damn nice cleaning and sick ride matt, let me ride it when you have time :poosie:

CausalInfluence
12-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Renee always does alot of good work +1

4doorj
12-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Wow that looks sooooooooo clean!

Jeremiah
12-04-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

Price: $123

Package: Interior-only detail w/ Shampoo treatment

Summary: I just purchased my project car, and despite being in pretty good condition and how good Cathy 3 runs, (yes I named her Cathy 3, because I have another civic (Cathy 1) and a CBR600RR (Cathy 2) who is for sale btw :D) she was quite dirty....

And by dirty I mean like smelt like someone smoked in it countless years with the windows up, drinking beer and spilling it everywhere and not bothering with personal hygiene.

The trunk smelled like they used it to carry countless bottles or cans of empty beer to be recycled. Let me tell you words cannot describe it.

After I let it air out for 12 hours at night was it somewhat bearable but still gross none the less.

Service: Renee picked up my car from my house a little before 4 :00 pm as discussed, prompt pick up and she was quite cheerful. BTW nice winter beater as you said Renee. Asked if it was okay that my car would be dropped off late, which was perfectly fine if I needed to go anywhere I had another car (can’t ride the bike it’s too cold for me).

She informed me that she had to go all the way across the city from where I was to get the car done, also very professional because yeah it’s a far drive and some people would be wonder to themselves where has their car been since XXX amount of KMs have been added to the odometer.

Renee called me back at approximately 9:30 pm letting me know my car was ready and gave me about when she was coming to my house for drop off. Dropped off my car and she explained a few things. Also let me know that whatever is missed she’ll redo it.

Overall im very impressed, Renee somehow got rid of the dirty ass smell and grunginess. The trunk and carpets look amazing. I could see she is really detailed in her work and takes pride, you can tell.

Im also very impressed that Renee even did the outside and engine bay, just a quick detail but none the less a very nice touch :D

OK. SRSLY? You could have done the same if you took 30 minutes of your time. The stains are still very apparent. The seats still look dirty, the plastic parts in the engine bay got wiped down big deal. You must have picked the car up when it was dark. This was a terrible interior clean dude. Get her to redo it. I know I quoted all of the pictures but its so you can look at them again and do a better comparison.

Originally posted by 4doorj
Wow that looks sooooooooo clean!

LOL WAT

If you want to see a clean detail, take a look at some of "Sneek's" work!

inline6turbo
12-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Actually I agree. That trunk didn't come out very well. Would have been much easier to do if the mat actually came out of the car, but it doesn't. I'm sure if I did it over it would come out much better. It's hard to tell if it's come out while it's wet. But after drying it becomes much more apparent. Some stains just take a second shot.
Would have no trouble touching it up :)

Jeremiah, I'd love for you to see it during the day. I'm sure you'd change your mind. And You'd see most of those marks on the seats are actually burn holes or actual fabric damage. There was not much else that could of been done.

Jeremiah
12-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Hi Renee is it?

Im not trying to be on your case, just from the pictures it didn't look too hot. But I can appreciate that you don't take the comments to heart and go all defensive.

GQBalla
12-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
Hi Renee is it?

Im not trying to be on your case, just from the pictures it didn't look too hot. But I can appreciate that you don't take the comments to heart and go all defensive.

no sorry those "stains" you say are actually burns - so yeah lick crap.

the trunk? IMO i think it looks good, in person the trunk looks a lot better, i might let Renee have at the trunk again but once its dry not much circulation in that trunk and its cold out. Still damp to the touch.

i will still go to Direct2YouImports.

inline6turbo
12-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Yes it's Renee.
Of course I won't get all defensive. I really put my heart into every car and will always do whatever it takes to make it 100%. I will never try to pass something off as perfect if it's not. I just wish I had a way to dry everything quicker so I knew if it needed to be redone.

GQBalla
12-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Yes it's Renee.
Of course I won't get all defensive. I really put my heart into every car and will always do whatever it takes to make it 100%. I will never try to pass something off as perfect if it's not. I

+1 if you actually saw the car you would know Renee didn't do a sloppy job

Jeremiah
12-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

no sorry those "stains" you say are actually burns - so yeah lick crap.

the trunk? IMO i think it looks good, in person the trunk looks a lot better, i might let Renee have at the trunk again but once its dry not much circulation in that trunk and its cold out. Still damp to the touch.

i will still go to Direct2YouImports.

lick crap?

what are you twelve?

For a "GQ BALLA" you certainly portray that imagine with your Honda Civics :rolleyes:

inline6turbo
12-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Please don't fight :(

Weapon_R
12-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Let's keep this thread devoted to comments and constructive criticism. Keep the childish insults to PMs, or better yet, grow up.

Toms-SC
12-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Thread cleaned. Nice work Renee.

A790
12-05-2008, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Thread cleaned. Nice work Renee.
<3 Oh you're just the bestests ever Toms-SC, or should I say, Toms-SXE ;)

Carlton
12-05-2008, 01:26 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

95EagleAWD
12-09-2008, 12:23 AM
I guess I'll bring my S2K down in the spring for a polish and interior clean.

shynepho
12-09-2008, 08:15 AM
Just got my car detailed over the weekend. Renee did an amazing job! Really impressed with the overall service.

You guys are all right her attention to detail is amazing. I cant find a speck of dust anywhere either.

A+++ :thumbsup:

inline6turbo
12-09-2008, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the kind words. How does the paint look in the daylight, those scratches were extremely deep and I was amazed at how well they came out.

shynepho
12-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the kind words. How does the paint look in the daylight, those scratches were extremely deep and I was amazed at how well they came out.

All the scratches turned out really great. I'm really impressed with everything overall and for the price theres no way I could of went wrong!

I was ready to get my bumper and right fender repainted thinking that would of been the only way but luckily I went through you first.

inline6turbo
12-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Haha Thats great to hear! Stop hitting stuff LOL.
And remember what I told you about those car wash brushes *tisk tisk*

mazda_maniac
12-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Everything looks pretty good! Keep it up, the only thing that stood out to me was in the engine bay after pic of the civic, I don't know if it was still wet in spots or what but it just looked like you had some overspray of the shine on the hoses and wires below the air duct. Maybe just spary with a rag below it something? But who knows maybe I'm completely off the money, hopefully noone flames me as I'm just trying to be helpful?

Keep it up though, it's looking good.

inline6turbo
12-12-2008, 04:45 PM
No you're right, the engine wasn't a part of his package, I just gave it a quick spray after I washed it. My engine cleans take a couple hours and include metal polishing. The owner of the Range Rover I did a couple weeks ago was supposed to take pictures, unfortunately I believe he forgot. I'll take some next time.

mazda_maniac
12-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Looks good from the rest though! Maybe just throw a rag under there next time.

FallenAngel
12-21-2008, 03:57 PM
My unbiased review:

I would like to preface this by stating that I had never met or spoken to Renee prior to requesting some work from Direct2You.

I have added a quite few details below based on my experience, but if you want the very short version, skip down to the pictures at the bottom of my post.

I contacted Renee based on her posts advertising the Christmas special discount. I was originally looking to put some wax on the car to help keep the winter mess off my paint. Based on her recommendation, I ended up scheduling a Complete Level 2 package. She was very helpful in providing information and willing to customize the package to suit my particular needs. Additionally, she was very flexible on the date and time to do the work, which helps a lot.

The schedule was thrown off a bit by the chaotic traffic in the morning, but we kept in communication and she picked up the car in the morning and returned it in the afternoon. Unfortunately, I could not take pictures immediately after the car was returned to me because it was too dark.

There were a couple of things that I noted when I inspected the car:

There was a rivulet of ice on the front bumper. I suspect that this was some water that later trickled down from inside the engine bay and froze in the weather. Very minor.
Renee immediately informed me that she had soaked my ashtray but forgotten to replace it in my car. She apologized for this oversight and offered to deliver the ashtray promptly.
The leather conditioning makes my seat smooth and supple. My skinny yellow ass slides around a bit more than it used to

The pictures I have attached below were taken a couple of days after I had the detailing done. That being said, the car has been driven all weekend across the city about half a dozen times and parked outside for hours at a time. I'm sure that I have accumulated some grime from the road since Renee did her work.

http://i43.tinypic.com/hwk3r4.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2vsezo8.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/jgljl0.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/3478y7l.jpg

I think there were some questions earlier about the engine shampooing as well, so here is a shot after the engine was cleaned:
http://i43.tinypic.com/34sjjtg.jpg

Overall, I was very happy with the work and the service that was provided. I have already recommended Direct2You to several friends who were looking to get their cars detailed in the springtime. I personally will be contacting Renee in the future to have my car detailed again, which hopefully is the best review I can give.

Thank you Renee.

GQBalla
12-22-2008, 09:36 AM
wow that engine bay is REALLY clean

+1 for Renee

PureDeXteritY
03-07-2009, 01:17 PM
I just had my car done by Renee and I'm going to give her a 5/5 for the job she did and an 8/5 when it comes to my expectation of what I thought I was going to get.

I take good care of my car mechanically, but ascetically I lose MAJOR points on that. I used to try to keep my car clean, but in my line of work I bring a lot of saw dust with me into the car, Especially in the trunk where I keep my tools. In case you're wondering why I drive a celica to do what I do, I've been in the market for a Nissan Xterra (2005 and up Black/Dark Grey if anyone knows of one for sale) but until then I take my celica to work.

So I have an event comming up where I need to drive a few friends so I figured I'd get it cleaned up a bit so I don't get dust all over everyone's clothing and I decided to bring it to Renee...She went ALL OUT, she even went as far as to take out the seats to clean up everything under and around. I didn't even know detailers do that!

The Photos actually speak for themselves i just thought I'd explain my dirty car before I get flamed for lack of interior upkeep.
I'll do BEFORE and AFTER shots.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3653/3336094930_ebaa509f91.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3326/3335259311_141d2ed465.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3561/3336094902_bc3148f826.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3361/3336094786_73760b4514.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3393/3335259267_201baba824.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3370/3335258807_6c6211b620.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3397/3335258865_b105c13e98.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3396/3335258913_500c3d4a54.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3642/3336094440_8881a41f87.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3380/3336094634_825b78ed3e.jpg

One last thing,
When I went to pick up the car, Renee stuck to the price she originally quoted me before seeing my car, EVEN THOUGH it took her many more hours to clean than it usually does, and THAT my friend gets my BEYOND SEAL OF APPROVAL :thumbsup:

inline6turbo
03-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the nice words wayne! I'm so glad to hear you like it so much! But show the picture after I cleaned your amps too haha :p

Your brothers car is coming along nicely right now :)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/IMG_1740.jpghttp://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/IMG_1752.jpg

GQBalla
03-07-2009, 02:31 PM
wow still doing amazing work Renee.

My car is going to need another detail here pretty soon hehe

chris746
03-07-2009, 08:17 PM
nice work, might have to come see you in the spring :burnout:

Alak
03-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Thats beyond white glove clean.

PureDeXteritY
03-07-2009, 11:20 PM
Moved everything in another post below

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

Proboscis
03-08-2009, 05:23 AM
Some impressive work inline6turbo, I being a past detailer for 2 years can still learn a thing or two. Basically i'm jealous "so fresh and so clean". I always liked the look on the customers face when they took delivery. If you need any take off emblems. pinstripe or 3M polish, give me a shout.

Proboscis
03-08-2009, 10:50 AM
i forgot to mention make sure you torque those seats down.

:) Good stuff Renee

PureDeXteritY
03-08-2009, 03:52 PM
just got my car back from renee a couple hours ago and she did an outstanding job definitely 5/5

i brought my car to her because the previous owner of the car let it sit in a sand storm area, everything was dirty and the paint was dull (it's not a very good paint job, i don't think the clear coat was done or maybe a 6 year old got a hold of a spray can and tried to paint it and possibly a mix of the sand eating away at it)
my friends in edmonton have a large dog that has lots of fur that tends to follow them wherever they go, also went into my car all over the back seat (argh!), there was also dust in the vents and small cracks everywhere that drove me nuts!

now my car's paint is shiny, even with the horrible paint job (ok it's not that bad, but it's not good either, looks good now!), she cleaned my rims so well that we realized that there was rust on it (thought it was just dirty XD)
my headlights were really fogging badly, so badly i went and got more expensive brighter lights to compensate for the fogging, now my headlights are very clear (almost crystal clear) and my lighting is super bright! (had no idea she even did polishing on headlights)
something important to me that she also did well was the engine bay, it is nice and clean it looks close to new now
the interior is outstanding, the small nooks and cranny's are now clean, the vents are all clean (their an odd shape that's hard to clean) there's absolutely no fur anywhere to be found, i was also doing some car audio stuff so there was metal strands from the cable that are now gone also.
all the interior plastics are shining even better than when they came out of the factory, she also cleaned and shined all the rubber seals on my doors (which i wasn't expecting at all!) she even shined up my air freshener! woot!

here's a picture i took before to give you an idea how dirty my engine bay was
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/Accel_Evo/do%20not%20remove/DSC02388.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/Accel_Evo/do%20not%20remove/DSC02416.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/Accel_Evo/do%20not%20remove/DSC02421.jpg

she even cleaned my hood latch, it used to be rusty and dirty
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/Accel_Evo/do%20not%20remove/DSC02419.jpg

used to be hair all over these seats, unfortunately i don't have any before pictures
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/Accel_Evo/do%20not%20remove/DSC02425.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/Accel_Evo/do%20not%20remove/DSC02410.jpg

this area by the door hinges used be really dirty and a little rusty, can't see it now
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/Accel_Evo/do%20not%20remove/DSC02422.jpg

and the polished air freshener!
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/Accel_Evo/do%20not%20remove/DSC02414.jpg

Update:
got some more pictures from renee.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/IMG_1777.jpg http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/IMG_1786.jpg http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/IMG_1779.jpg http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/IMG_1787.jpg http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/IMG_1801.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/IMG_1800.jpg

there's many many small details that would take up a whole page if i were to take pictures of everything.
the main thing i'm tryin to get across is that it would be dumb to go to anyone else but renee, she does an outstanding job, i highly highly recommend her work, THANKS RENEE!!!

kdogg
03-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Can anyone provide me with contact information? Or is it just PMing?

inline6turbo
03-16-2009, 04:29 PM
pm'd :)

japancar
03-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Renee is an awesome person to deal with. She definately knows her stuff when it comes to JDM cars.