PDA

View Full Version : Honda-tech is dead, long live Honda-tehk?

Primer_Drift
11-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Recently Honda-tech has switched over from Zeroforum to Vbulletin (yes the same as Beyond.ca). Needless to say the many of the Honda-tech entrenched are not coping well with the change.

Foxraceco has taken it upon themselves to start up Honda-tehk, based on the old Zeroforum.

Dear Customers,
In spite of recent events and poor decisions/changes on the main forum that
we frequent I have decided to start my own forum that uses zeroforum as its
operating software like the old, good site did. I have seen the mood that
these changes have made in the users over the past few days by following the
news and it makes everything we had go bad.

the forum will be just like we used to have it but it is being started from
scratch. PLEASE SIGN UP WITH YOUR NORMAL USERNAME IF POSSIBLE so poeple who
transfer will still know you.

http://www.honda-tekh.com
is the name and it will be up and running in a couple of hours.

I hope that you will all support me and sign up for the forum.
I am asking for your help now though, and hopefully I have given you all
good enough service to warrant the request to donate to the cause of running
this new forum that we can all share and use like we did with the old one.
The forum and hosting and domain are not free, so I am asking everyone who
signs up to paypal a few bucks to [email protected] whatever you can
afford or spare right now would be fantastic.
This will help everyone, and will get the site running for the first couple
of months.

The rules will be similar to how it used to be, and there will not be any
harsh moderators or un-derserved banning going on. What that site has turned
into is quite a money-hungry business that some large company has bought
out. It will never be the same. So I am attempting to pick up where they
left a good thing and start over.

-derek
www.honda-tekh.com
www.foxraceco.com
This email address was given to us by you or by one of our customers. If you
feel that you have received this email in error, please send an email to
[email protected]
This e-mail is sent in accordance with the US CAN-SPAM Law in effect
01/01/2004. Removal requests can be sent to this address and will be honored
and respected.

Forum info and rules posted

RULES EVERYONE MUST READ THIS!!

Posted by dfoxengr at 5:45 PM 11/17/2008.

I am proud to say that this site was made with LiveTopic (ZeroForum) software.
This forum will be about the users, and not about the money.

I hope that everyone enjoys what I am trying to accomplish here, so I must say that this is out of my pocket, and is not free. I am sincerely asking you to support this forum.

Please support this site by donating whatever you can, a few cents or a few bucks, to paypal [email protected]
After you have done so, please PM me a link to a post of yours from the old site and I will reinstate your same post count.

thank you all, and make it what you want.

The only way this can work is with content and people, so PM your other friends, or people you know, post about this place on other forums, and GET TO POSTING!. We need important threads here to make this place worthwhile, so start making some good ones.

-derek

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RULES: The rules are simple here

1) Don't screw up and you won't be banned.
2) If you screw up then you'll be warned first before being banned.
3) Make this place fun and enjoyable so don't do things that make it not fun or enjoyable.
4) Don't talk poorly about racial, religious, or other offensive subjects.

I'm not sure where to stand on this topic. At this point H-T seems FUBAR, nothing works like it should. I have a couple threads I've put a lot of time into, and now they are unnavigable.
Yet on the other hand, H-Tk may not last either without the community's support.

adam c
11-20-2008, 12:27 PM
i don't see much difference

dj_honda
11-20-2008, 12:30 PM
i will probably maintain an acct on both. i liked the zeroforum honda-tech better....but the honda-tekh is pretty weak right now.

88CRX
11-20-2008, 01:06 PM
Lots of people have already migrated over to NWP4life.com for all their honda specific needs.

It was such a poorly executed change over.... and people sure are pissed.

Canmorite
11-20-2008, 01:13 PM
Vbulletin > others.

Xtrema
11-20-2008, 01:17 PM
Honda fanboys are nuts. :rofl:

Mr_ET
11-20-2008, 01:18 PM
All I care about is all the information on the site as it has been so helpful through the years.

Right now a bunch of the FAQ's don't work and since all the other forums are starting from scratch they are of no value :(

Sorry about the old sol thread man!

Grogador
11-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Honda fanboys are nuts. :rofl:

Looks like a really poor migration, and I guess those extra 3 buttons confused all the ricers...

:whocares:

EK 2.0
11-20-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

Lots of people have already migrated over to NWP4life.com for all their honda specific needs.

+1

Redlyne_mr2
11-20-2008, 02:05 PM
I would troll over at hondatech everyonce and a while and I always wondered why there werent many updates. Now I know the drama behind the scenes.

speedracer
11-20-2008, 02:21 PM
Who bought out honda-tech?

dj_honda
11-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
Lots of hard-parkers have already migrated over to NWP4life.com for all their honda specific needs.

Fixed

sputnik
11-20-2008, 05:05 PM
Zeroforum fanboys

whiskas
11-20-2008, 05:41 PM
Is it because zeroforum is some kind of JDM software?

Dj_Stylz
11-20-2008, 06:10 PM
I like the new Vbulletin.I thought the old zerofourm was terrible.

88CRX
11-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by dj_honda

Fixed

Haha.... true enough.... I should have said the a/c forum moved to nwp lol.

rage2
11-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Their traffic dropped 64% since April. Crazy.

So which honda forums got massive gains?

88CRX
11-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by speedracer
Who bought out honda-tech?

There's tons of drama involved...... from what i understand 2 dudes that were friends since they were kids owned h-t, one fired his buddy and took over. He then turned and sold the site to Internet Brands for a boatload of money (7 figures is the rumour, but who really knows).

Internet Brands then comes in and after giving a couple hours notice last weekend whipes the site clean of any posts from the last couple years (they're fixing that apparently), deletes everyone pm history and changes all the forum software.

redline
11-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Their traffic dropped 64% since April. Crazy.

So which honda forums got massive gains?

none they all bought BMWs

BigShow
11-20-2008, 07:28 PM
honda tech :love: :love: :love:

Primer_Drift
11-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Dj_Stylz
I like the new Vbulletin.I thought the old zerofourm was terrible.

While I do not disagree Vbulletin is vastly superior to Zeroforum, H-T's version of Vbulletin needs a lot of work. I really do appreciate how well Beyond.ca runs now by comparison.

Searching on H-T at the moment sucks ass. Underlined headings using the [ U] code no longer function.. post quoting and linking do not work, IM history and notes are gone, "Recent topics" are gone and even the recent topics function is difficult to find.

Not everyone starts out tuning or racing a BMW. Half of the people on here have probably owned a Honda at some point. The splintering of the best resource on the net for Honda community will have far reaching affects. There was more to H-T than just written knowledge, it was the combined unwritten wisdom of the members that made it a good forum.

kenny
11-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Lots of drama indeed, and it appears the new owners of the site can't use zeroforum even if they wanted to as a result of the court case back in June.

Summary of events, based on some quick digging:

0. Mike and Dustin were friends since Grade 2, Mike was Dustin's best man... these two were tight friends.

1. Mike and Dustin "own" RelyNet, web host, web services company

2. Dustin is coder of ZeroForum software (supposedly the only thing profitable at RelyNet)

3. Dustin and Mike under verbal agreement to be co-owners of RelyNet

4. Mike screws Dustin over and does not make him co-owner

5. Mike Fires Dustin from RelyNet and locks him out of company (with Police officer on scene)

6. Dustin sues Mike for Copyright infringement (continued to use and sell ZeroForum)

7. ZeroForum renamed to Live Topic on RelyNet website

8. H-T switches to VBulletin

Couldn't find the full text of the court documents so not sure what happened there but since ZeroForum is still around as Live Topic on RelyNet's site I bet Dustin lost the court case and H-T switched over to VB because IB runs all of their forums on that platform.

legendboy
11-20-2008, 10:12 PM
^ was just going to post that HT has been going down hill since Dustin got the boot

speedracer
11-21-2008, 02:01 AM
Seems like court date is not until 2010...

Item 5 2008-00016061-CU-MC
DUSTIN K. ADLER VS. RELYNET, INC
Nature of Proceeding:
Filed By:
Motion to Stay and/or Dismiss Complaint
Davis, Stephen L.

Defendants RelyNet, Inc. and Michael DiCarlo's Motion to Stay and/or Dismiss
Complaint on grounds of forum non conveniens is denied.

Plaintiff alleges that he and defendant were each 50% owners of the defendant
corporation and that defendant DeCarlo has locked him out of the corporation. This
state court action, filed July 15, 2008, is a summary action under Corporations Code
709 and also seeks to Compel Inspection of Records under California Corporations
Code section 1603. Plaintiff previously filed an action in Federal Court for Copyright
Infringement and Fraud on June 12, 2008. Defendant contends that the cases involve
the same factual disputes even though the causes of action are distinct, and that
pursuing both actions at the same time will result in potentially inconsistent results.
The forum non conveniens statute does not apply to actions pending in both
state and federal court in the same state, but rather to compel the stay or dismissal of
an action in California because California is an inconvenient forum vis a vis another
state. Defendants are in effect making a plea in abatement based on the first filed
federal action, although they also suggest that the claims in the state court action be
consolidated with the federal court action.
Defendants have not met their burden to persuade the court that it should
exercise its discretion to stay this action pending the resolution of the federal court
action. The federal court action is not set for trial until 2010. The claim under the
Corporpations Code is entitled to preference and in fact should already have been
heard. Defendants have not shown that the federal court would even entertain the
Corporations Code claims as there are no reported cases so holding.

The minute order is effective immediately. No formal order pursuant to CRC
Rule 3.1312 or further notice is required.

http://www.saccourt.com/courtrooms/trulings/dept53/d53-20081106-0200-ccms.pdf

Grogador
11-21-2008, 02:18 AM
^ unfortunate turn of events and a good reason to get everything in writing, even (especially?) when dealing with "friends". I retract my previous smartass remarks (just the ones on page one of this thread ;)

Supa Dexta
11-21-2008, 06:22 AM
Look at r6messagenet. vertical scope bought them so r6central was formed, and messagenet is pretty much dead.. The way it was handled pissed off the users, and we all up and left within a couple of days.. messagenet went from 1000s of posts a day to lucky to get a handful.. I believe VS paid like 30k? or more for the board, which was replaced the next day. :rofl:

rage2
11-21-2008, 09:31 AM
That's pretty low. But it does give me a great idea...

Hey kenny, you're fired ;).

kenny
11-21-2008, 11:31 AM
See you in court, oh and rock chips on your freshly painted M3 are the least of your worries. :devil:

Primer_Drift
11-21-2008, 11:35 AM
lol what have I done..

Eleanor
11-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by redline
none they all bought BMWs
:rofl:

MoDo27
11-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Everyone that wants race updates, tech like no other, chat with big name racers, and no rules what so ever or dumb ass moderators to deal with has gone here:

www.yellowbullet.com

-A few members include Justin Humpries, Gary white and all the Titan guys, Billy Glidden, Bob Glidden and literally thousands of others.