PDA

View Full Version : Road Rage 101: How To Piss Off Other Drivers

badatusrnames
11-20-2008, 05:32 PM
Number 10 is my fave:

http://www.ridelust.com/road-rage-101-tips-to-piss-off-other-drivers/

Number 8 is one I experience regularly. I find that in a car with such a low driving position that I frequently get blinded by headlights of oncoming vehicles. HIDs are the worst.

EvolutionI
11-20-2008, 05:38 PM
Haha I love it.

I prefer the oh, you're in a hurry, I will drive extremely slow, and when you try to pass, I will speed up, slow down and repeat.

Tik-Tok
11-20-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by EvolutionI
Haha I love it.

I prefer the oh, you're in a hurry, I will drive extremely slow, and when you try to pass, I will speed up, slow down and repeat.

or, ride someones bumper, then pass, then slow down below the limit.

ipeefreely
11-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Number 9 for me... nothing better than trying to back out (after how some people park :thumbsdow :nut: ) and some asshat drives pass you at 50 km/h! :guns: :whipped:

1997GSR
11-20-2008, 07:47 PM
10 FTW

something i do when there is a jackass behind me is flip the rearview mirror down. that usually riles them up even more.

samo147
11-21-2008, 12:02 AM
do people deliberately try blinding you by driving a little crooked and having their head lights shine directly into your eyes from your side mirrors

piss me off...

sometimes i wish i had a mirror that could come out from my rear window

adam c
11-21-2008, 12:06 AM
if i'm on the highway and some jackass comes behind me with his high beams, i will slow down and keep slowing down until he passes me

i also wish i had a scrolling sign or something across my back window telling those fuckers to turn off their highbeams...

one day i'm just gonna get out of my car and smash their lights i swear

BlackArcher101
11-21-2008, 12:06 AM
Uh, WTF is with #8. Do they not realize most headlights are halogen, even low beams? Seems like they think halogens = blue bulbs.... :facepalm:

ae92gts
11-21-2008, 12:08 AM
#10 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Grogador
11-21-2008, 02:15 AM
Haha nice list and yes trucks regularly stop behind me a little offset so their headlights shine right in the sideviews, maybe not on purpose who knows, I just flip the mirror down. When I was a wee childin I discovered that my Prelude had some perfect bolt holes on the back deck (thing over the trunk your 6x9s sit in) for mounting spare 2*50W halogen foglamps... nobody highbeamed or tailgated me then :love:

rc2002
11-21-2008, 10:30 AM
The only thing that really bug me are the people who drive with hgih beams on or HID plug and play kits in their halogen housings.

The rest of the items on that list I can deal with because I'm guilty of them from time to time.

Kennyredline
11-21-2008, 10:49 AM
I was on the highway once behind a big rig (WELL behind at that), I had my high beams on, and this asshole flips on a rearward facing light from under his side mirror to blind me.:guns:

Eleanor
11-21-2008, 11:03 AM
My personal list of pet peeves:

- People who don't use turn signals (especially when I'm on the bike)
- People who confuse merge with yield
- People who forget about the pedal on the right when they're merging
- People who swing wide on left turns
- People who don't put their lights on when it's dark or foggy
- Anyone who drives a Corolla or Camry because the only reason you bought the car is because you don't give a shit about driving and all you care about is getting from point A to point B in the most boring, inattentive and slowest way possible. Every Toyota sedan should come with a bus pass, IMO

But my ultimate pet peeve is when I'm feeling nice and start slowing down to let someone into my lane in front of me, and they get it in their head that their Corolla is now 800 feet long and then when I realize I'm doing 50km/h on Crowchild and say "fuck them" and start to accelerate that they choose that exact moment in time to come into my lane :banghead:

Those people should be removed from the gene pool.

/Rant

ExtraSlow
11-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Kennyredline
I was on the highway once behind a big rig (WELL behind at that), I had my high beams on, and this asshole flips on a rearward facing light from under his side mirror to blind me.:guns:
Wait, HE'S the asshole? Sounds like you got that one backwards.

Graham_A_M
11-21-2008, 11:08 AM

:banghead: :facepalm:
Define "Well behind" if it was enough to make him to turn that light on, leave alone enough for that light to bother you.

shin0bi
11-21-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Eleanor

But my ultimate pet peeve is when I'm feeling nice and start slowing down to let someone into my lane in front of me, and they get it in their head that their Corolla is now 800 feet long and then when I realize I'm doing 50km/h on Crowchild and say "fuck them" and start to accelerate that they choose that exact moment in time to come into my lane :banghead:

/Rant

AMEN!

Oh, and heres a fun idea:
I knew a dude who rigged up a container of marbles up behind his rear bumper... When people tailgated him, or had their high beams on in his face, he pulled his little lever thing and a whole wad of marbles would spill out from under his ass and those shits bounce when you release them at highway speeds!!!

Needless to say, few people could get away with some of those dickish driving habits for very long if they were following too closely behind him.

Best part: He's a middle aged Saturn driver ! :D

Tik-Tok
11-21-2008, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by shin0bi

Oh, and heres a fun idea:
I knew a dude who rigged up a container of marbles up behind his rear bumper... When people tailgated him, or had their high beams on in his face, he pulled his little lever thing and a whole wad of marbles would spill out from under his ass and those shits bounce when you release them at highway speeds!!!

So this person had no problem cracking other people's windshields that had nothing to do with the situation, and creating potential safety hazards for everyone else behind him?

Sounds like a stand-up guy.

JfuckinC
11-21-2008, 11:16 AM

I'm suprised i haven't broken my steering wheel off because of these people. i lose it when they do this. or when they yield like crazy and there isn't anyone coming for a mile! FUCK haha.
People need some "flow" or to smooth out there driving. i hate when people are all jerky and slowing down and speeding up and just dont anticipate situations!

EM1FTW
11-21-2008, 11:23 AM
LOL @ number 9.
number 8 sucks in a low car

yue
11-21-2008, 11:28 AM
for tailgaters just get highbeams installed in the rear. flip a switch and FLASH! they'll think they're traveling through time:burnout:

adam c
11-21-2008, 11:38 AM

if you were close enough for that to blind you then you were to damn close to him driving with high beams

Kennyredline
11-21-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow

Wait, HE'S the asshole? Sounds like you got that one backwards.
Ya, that's right, HE'S the asshole.
I was 300-400m behind him, not like I was fucking drafting off him.

94boosted
11-21-2008, 01:45 PM
"Remember: most women are born lacking the inherent ability to drive well, so if your ultimate goal is to piss off as many people on the roadway as you can, it would behoove you to duplicate female driving techniques to the best of your ability."

OMFG ahhahahahah :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

71/454
11-21-2008, 02:19 PM
You had your high beams on and claim to be well behind him? He turns on a backup light that bothers you, yet you still have your high beams on? Did you do "WELL" in school also? :banghead:

stevieo
11-21-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by yue
for tailgaters just get highbeams installed in the rear. flip a switch and FLASH! they'll think they're traveling through time:burnout:

my friend had that on her old SUVs haha, her dad rigged up a couple fog lights under the back bumper. for anyone who tailgates or high beams her she flips a switch and bam

Kennyredline
11-21-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by 71/454

You had your high beams on and claim to be well behind him? He turns on a backup light that bothers you, yet you still have your high beams on? Did you do "WELL" in school also? :banghead:

You're an idiot.

Graham_A_M
11-21-2008, 06:08 PM
^ dont worry, we all feel the same way about you. ;)

Kavy
11-21-2008, 06:50 PM
I have what should be #1

Right hand drives

*flame suit on*

PGTze
11-21-2008, 06:59 PM
10. Drive like a woman :rofl:

SetoJai
11-21-2008, 10:55 PM
hids ftw lol

GQBalla
11-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by yue

awesome ahah made me laugh

lelalong
11-23-2008, 12:59 AM
How about people who mix up yield for a merge? Eg. the stupid yield coming off of southbound Deerfoot Tr on to eastbound Glenmore.

My friend didn't notice it was a yield and cut someone off....got honked at and was pissed off. For fecks sake! Its a short yield lane, and the people exiting onto Deerfoot North don't slow down. Bloody deserved the honking for doing that!

sneek
11-23-2008, 01:11 AM
Merge stoppers are effing horrible...

#9 is a big one for me as well. Although if a parking lot is empty I do cut across diagonally

Supa Dexta
11-23-2008, 09:09 AM
How about the idiots that realize they are going the wrong way, so they slow to a stop and sit there to think about it.. wtf

..Also, if he turned his backup lights on, he was obviously sending you a signal your lights were too bright in his mirrors.

badatusrnames
11-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Had a Deerfoot situation today regarding merging and slow drivers being a hazard.

I'm merging on to D/f south, traffic is fairly heavy, and they only gap available to me is bounded at the back by a truck doing the speed limit and at the front by an X5.

I knew the X5 was going slower than traffic, but I didn't realize it was going a full 40-50 km/hr less than the flow of traffic (he/she/it was doing about 70).

So I had to accelerate so I could get in before the gap was eaten by the truck and then I had to bite the brakes as I saw the X5 start to loom large in front of me. The X5 definitely made itself into a rolling hazard. Sorry to the truck if I cut you off, but it was either that or I would've ended up in the shoulder!

More has to be said about the behavior and etiquette of the people in the lane that cars are trying to merge into.

:facepalm:

2jzgte
11-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Ever drive in front of a a newish Truck with Hids? fucken might as well be blind.

Graham_A_M
11-23-2008, 08:43 PM
^ Yeah especially when they're jacked up, so the lights are directed RIGHT onto your mirrors. Drives me fucking nuts. :banghead: Especially when they follow too closely.

bignerd
11-23-2008, 11:40 PM
I don't know, what pisses me off the most is when someone cuts you off or does something stupid, you go to give them the finger or appropriate gesture and they are completely oblivious to you and what happened......... drives me crazy!

yue
11-24-2008, 12:15 AM
you wanna see some dumb drivers? drive on saddletowne circle n.e. i see following on a daily basis, drivers:
- yield at an intersection when the lane clearly continues for hundreds of meters
- wait until the entire street is clear before they turn right
- holding up the parking lot exit because they want to go directly into the far right lane...which is 3 lanes away
- thinking solid gives left turns the right of way...
the list goes on. :banghead:

Redlyne_mr2
11-24-2008, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by PGTze
10. Drive like a woman :rofl:
Should have also included wears seatbelt like a women .

jwslam
11-24-2008, 12:34 AM

- People who don't use turn signals (especially when I'm on the bike)
- People who swing wide on left turns
- People who don't put their lights on when it's dark or foggy
- Anyone who drives a Corolla or Camry because the only reason you bought the car is because you don't give a shit about driving and all you care about is getting from point A to point B in the most boring, inattentive and slowest way possible. Every Toyota sedan should come with a bus pass, IMO

/Rant

:love: :love: :love:
someone thinks exactly the way i do!
i finally found someone who hates corolla and camry drivers as much as, maybe even more than i do

Supa Dexta
11-25-2008, 08:57 AM
Yep, she's the 1 4 U !!!

khtm
11-25-2008, 09:41 AM
You should try to get her number, I hear Eleanor is a "go-er". :poosie:

HiTempguy1
11-25-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Yep, she's the 1 4 U !!!

Pics or GTFO?

CausalInfluence
11-25-2008, 04:06 PM
eleanor is a dude.

HiTempguy1
11-25-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by CausalInfluence
eleanor is a dude.

I know, just found it funny from the "she's the one for you" comment ;)

n1zm0
11-25-2008, 05:20 PM
eleanor is a dude.

no way, her and Zephyr are the coolest chicks on here.

Leah and Melinda are dudes.

:rofl:

treg50
11-25-2008, 09:30 PM
eleanor is a dude.
50785 (>44411) to the rescue.

Boosted Gtir
11-25-2008, 10:12 PM
#10 FTW lol

oilerfan4lyfe
11-26-2008, 08:46 PM
If the driver in front of you indicates that he is preparing to execute a turn, do not slow down. Instead, maintain your constant speed (75 mph highway, or 55 mph residential)

Holy yikes

v2kai
11-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
The only thing that really bug me are the people who drive with hgih beams on or HID plug and play kits in their halogen housings.

The rest of the items on that list I can deal with because I'm guilty of them from time to time.

richard you drive like a woman??:rofl:

71/454
12-01-2008, 11:26 PM

You're an idiot.
Aww, don't go away mad, just go away. No, seriously

rockanrepublic
12-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Kavy
I have what should be #1

Right hand drives

*flame suit on*
why start this fight :banghead:
id say if they got rhd car and there a stand up driver why does it matter unless they cant see around a car thus cant turn left when your behind them