PDA

View Full Version : Car Loan

Sammyj11
11-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Hello,

Just wondering which bank to use for a car loan.

I hv abt 5k in credit card debt(paid off by jan09), 1000 a month livin expens,

which bank is willing to work with your professionals.

thanks

dr_jared88
11-21-2008, 03:24 PM
You don't seem to have enough cash to buy any vowels so I suggest spinning the wheel and saving up.

Sammyj11
11-21-2008, 03:33 PM
hey ass jack....dont clutter my up post....

Thanks

Originally posted by dr_jared88
You don't seem to have enough cash to buy any vowels so I suggest spinning the wheel and saving up.

Xtrema
11-21-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Sammyj11
Hello,

Just wondering which bank to use for a car loan.

which bank is willing to work with your professionals.

thanks

Car loans from banks has always sucked. It won't be cheap and probably hard to qualify, especially during a credit crisis.

If you insist to go with banks, try and see how much LOC you can get. If you have equity in a house, HELOC is the cheapest loan you can get right now.

Ntense_SpecV
11-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Car loans from banks has always sucked. It won't be cheap and probably hard to qualify, especially during a credit crisis.

If you insist to go with banks, try and see how much LOC you can get. If you have equity in a house, HELOC is the cheapest loan you can get right now.

That's for sure...My wife and I went and talked with the bank and right now they are quoting roughly 7-8% interest rate...and we have stellar credit. Through the dealer is the only way to go.

badatusrnames
11-21-2008, 03:51 PM
hey ass jack....dont clutter my up post....

Thanks

Didn't realize you owned it.

And what's that about our professionals?

Redlyne_mr2
11-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV

That's for sure...My wife and I went and talked with the bank and right now they are quoting roughly 7-8% interest rate...and we have stellar credit. Through the dealer is the only way to go.
Thats is and has been the average car loan rate for a really long time. If you're buying a new car there are some great subvented rates out there but it's tough to find a decent used rate (I know bmw has some good rates on their used product)

Kloubek
11-21-2008, 03:57 PM
I agree with the LOC if you can. I always use my LOC for such purchases. Actual car loans come with restrictions, and usually a higher interest rate.

beyond101
11-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Money Mart for you :dunno:

funkedelic2
11-21-2008, 04:05 PM
a line of credit or an unsecured loan might be a better route if you are worried about interest rates. That way you will have a "loan" but it won't be an actual car loan, so you will own the car and, not the bank.

This way you can choose your level of insurance. You don't need to go full coverage if you are not driving it all year long, ect.

Xtrema
11-21-2008, 04:05 PM

After re-reading this, I guess you are pretty broke.

Does $1K/month includes rent or mortgage?

Why would you keep $5K in credit card debt at high rate and still need 2 months to pay it off right before the biggest spending season of the year?

Are you sure a car is really that good of an idea? Should be fixing your financial situation a bit first?

Sammyj11
11-21-2008, 04:29 PM
man....5k is nothing i can win that playing poker on the weekend. The only reaon i have 5k debt is bec i gave my sis a credit card. and she can pay be back in JAN.she makes paymetns above minimum.adn she is responcable for intrest. she needed the money so i trust her .its less than 5k.

Cassh money i hav right now is 20k. just need 30k more for the purchase.

Originally posted by Xtrema

After re-reading this, I guess you are pretty broke.

Does $1K/month includes rent or mortgage?

Why would you keep $5K in credit card debt at high rate and still need 2 months to pay it off right before the biggest spending season of the year?

Are you sure a car is really that good of an idea? Should be fixing your financial situation a bit first?

Sammyj11
11-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Do banks issue lOC for 30-40k?

Sammyj11
11-21-2008, 04:31 PM
I only need the load for about 1.5 years. i plan to pay it off sooner than the load period!

just dt have 30k cash right no. parents are not an option!

Destinova403
11-21-2008, 04:34 PM
sorry for the possible negative connotation of this post...

why don't you call the bank?... its still open...

and every time you make a post, take a couple moments to read over it and just make sure its understandable... pls and thx :)

Sammyj11
11-21-2008, 04:37 PM
You get the gyst so.....dt hv spell/gramer check on beyond.

please lets keep this post related to loans

Originally posted by Destinova403
sorry for the possible negative connotation of this post...

why don't you call the bank?... its still open...

and every time you make a post, take a couple moments to read over it and just make sure its understandable... pls and thx :)

Kavy
11-21-2008, 04:45 PM
You get the gyst so.....dt hv spell/gramer check on beyond.

please lets keep this post related to loans

I suggest when you ask for help make sure not to get upset and lash out at people who are trying but unable to help because you type with your forehead. I mean seriously your location is Cakgary?
I would take your 20k cash money and spend it here http://tutoring.sylvanlearning.com/

2BLUE
11-21-2008, 04:54 PM
man....5k is nothing i can win that playing poker on the weekend. The only reaon i have 5k debt is bec i gave my sis a credit card. and she can pay be back in JAN.she makes paymetns above minimum.adn she is responcable for intrest. she needed the money so i trust her .its less than 5k.

Cassh money i hav right now is 20k. just need 30k more for the purchase.

Speak English, Learn to spell.... or get off Beyond.

badatusrnames
11-21-2008, 04:56 PM
Let me try to communicate with him:

hy, urs spill and grammur pritty bad. no won undrstnd u wll enuf to hlp. pls.

n1zm0
11-21-2008, 04:59 PM
no guys this is how you talk when you txt msg, OP is obviously an SMSer, not familiar with a full keyboard.

:dunno:

Sammyj11
11-21-2008, 05:23 PM
hey why do u care so much if i spell things wrong... are u a school teacher and a nit for shit like that....just take a shot of brandy and CTFO

CTFO is sms lingo for Chill THE F*** OUt

everyone smile

hahaha

or do u perfer coke and a smile

Ntense_SpecV
11-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Thats is and has been the average car loan rate for a really long time. If you're buying a new car there are some great subvented rates out there but it's tough to find a decent used rate (I know bmw has some good rates on their used product)

To be honest it shocked the crap out of me when our financial planner was telling me 7-8%...considering I paid 5.9% for my nissan and even then I thought it was high. I kept seeing and reading deals for 0% or 1-3% and thought I was taking it hard.

Oh and to answer the OP's question - yes you can get a LOC for 30-40K but be prepared to not get as much as you may want as the banks aren't lending near as much right now.

Sammyj11
11-21-2008, 05:24 PM
:whocares:

Sammyj11
11-21-2008, 05:27 PM
Thanks everyone for your loan realted feed back....eveyone else
CTFO

Toms-SC
11-21-2008, 05:54 PM
What the fuck thread

Kennyredline
11-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Kavy

I suggest when you ask for help make sure not to get upset and lash out at people who are trying but unable to help because you type with your forehead. I mean seriously your location is Cakgary?
I would take your 20k cash money and spend it here http://tutoring.sylvanlearning.com/

Awesome...some of you guys have great ones!:thumbsup:

JRSC00LUDE
11-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Stop falling for the latest re-trolling guys..... :facepalm: